Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kellyeng

Anybody else obsessed with Toms Shoes?

kellyeng
11 years ago

I love love love them!

They are cute, comfortable, charitable and free shipping on the website.

I have these plus two others (brown and red):

{{gwi:1501951}}

Comments (22)

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

I see a lot of people wearing them so they must be an obsession for some! The colors are super cute.

• Olychick
    11 years ago

I hadn't ever heard of them, but just saw this article in the NYT a couple of days ago. Interesting reading. And those shoes are cute!

Here is a link that might be useful: Toms shoes social change model?

• golddust
    11 years ago

My grands and SIL wears them. The only problem is they wear out quickly and Vans are cheaper and last longer (for teens).

Love the idea. I have tried some on but don't like them on me with anything other than skinny jeans. The cut isn't flattering on me with anything else.

I saw some eyelet ones lately in Navy. I was tempted...

• funnygirl
    11 years ago

Very cute and I could probably whip up an obsession but they don't appear to have much (any?) arch support which is a must for me.

• 3katz4me
    11 years ago

When I read the subject line I thought I'd never heard of them but then when I saw the photo I remembered seeing them somewhere and taking a closer look. They didn't appeal to me for some reason(s) I don't recall.

• kswl2
    11 years ago

They aren't comfortable on me as the vamp is cut too high on the foot. That also makes them less attractive, IMO.

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I'm surprised, I assumed I would get a bunch of "love them" responses.

I actually think they are very comfortable. The insole is leather and cushioned with just the right arch support for me. My sister loves them too which is strange that we can wear the same kind of shoe comfortably because I have a very high arch and she has flat feet.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

I love them. I have had several pairs for more than three years now and they are still like new (and I wear the black pair to school nearly every day). They give me enough support and more than ballet flats which I do not find comfortable at all since I always feel that they are about to come off. I also have a high arch and high instep and there is no issue there. The first time I put them on, they feel just a tad tight across the top of my foot, but after 15 minutes or less, no problem. I have six different pairs and I think they are cute. I like that the company has a one-for-one charity policy, too.

• golddust
    11 years ago

Kswl, that was my problem as well. If they showed more foot... They make my legs look stubby. I would like them better if they had a tad more of a Ballerina style.

• Vertise
    11 years ago

I like them! What a great company. Check out its history.

Here is a link that might be useful: Toms Company History

• tinam61
    11 years ago

I see alot of college girls wearing them and I do love the charitable aspect. But, they are just not my style. Those shown - I love the colors - but they are springy looking and by that time - my feet are pretty uncovered. I live for the time of year when I can wear sandals. I'm short and short-legged so I also fall into the camp with KSWL and Goldie. That type shoe is not particularly attractive on me.

But if you like them - that's all that matters! I can just see you with your pixie haircut and your spunky attitude rocking your Toms!

tina

• tinam61
    11 years ago

I see alot of college girls wearing them and I do love the charitable aspect. But, they are just not my style. Those shown - I love the colors - but they are springy looking and by that time - my feet are pretty uncovered. I live for the time of year when I can wear sandals. I'm short and short-legged so I also fall into the camp with KSWL and Goldie. That type shoe is not particularly attractive on me.

But if you like them - that's all that matters! I can just see you with your pixie haircut and your spunky attitude rocking your Toms!

tina

• fourkids4us
    11 years ago

I don't own any but my teen does. I never thought to try any but I have a hard time with really flat shoes, one because I have suffered from plantar fasciitis and two, because I,m short and like even just a tiny bit of height. However, with skinny jeans, I have been in need of a cute flat shoe and the ballerina style seems to look funny on me - I don't know if my toes are longer than average but I hate having the cracks of my toes showing! I did buy a pair of mocs last fall but haven't had much chance to wear them. Mocs remind me of my early teens as they were popular back then.

I'll have to try my dd's Toms as she has the same size foot. If they feel like they have enough arch support I might try them. They look "cool" for summer which is when I typically wear flip flops regularly, but flip flops are the worst thing for my PF. But I can't stand hot feet in summer so I wear them anyway. Maybe Toms would be a good option. And I really like their company philosophy.

• kellyeng
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I don't like ballerina style shoes, they look funny on me and usually squish my toes so the Toms are a perfect alternative.

Tina, you are so funny! I'd like to think I'm spunky and rocking!

I also love to wear sandals and flip flops since my climate (TX) is hardly ever cold - I get plenty of opportunity to wear sandals (even in winter!).

• OllieJane
    11 years ago

I like Toms, just not on me! I bought a pair, and they said they stretch out easy, so I bought a size smaller in case that happened, and they never did stretch out. Not fair to the shoe probably, since I should have bought the bigger size. The pair I bought was the khaki gunny sack fabric/color and they said it stretches out more than the rest.

I did buy a cheapie Gap brand, navy and white stripe, and they are comfy. I can't wear any type of flat shoes for very long. I think high wedges are more comfy than flat shoes for me.

I think they are super cute though!

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    11 years ago

The style/cut is unflattering on me too, I go for the more ballerina style.

• cyn427 (z. 7, N. VA)
    11 years ago

Olliesmom, try your regular size. I wear a size 6, have since high school. I buy a size 6 from Toms. I did just buy the ones that are sort of crocheted for spring. The reviews say they stretch out more and order a size down. Just got them(ordered a 5) and they fit fine as far as length (a little tight across the instep-I suspect they will stretch), but normally, I buy my regular size and they are fine. The lace-up tweed ones are a little hard to get on, but once on they are some of the most comfortable shoes I own.

• vickij
    11 years ago

I love them! I have too many of them in every different style and color. I really want the orange ones but I don't think I would wear them much. Maybe I should reconsider.

• Irish2
    11 years ago

I have two pairs.

(burlap that I wear in the summer with
    certain outfits and a black & grey herringbone pattern
    that I wear in colder months)

• dedtired
    11 years ago

I don't have any yet, but I think they are adorable. Funny this thread should turn up, because I just "pinned" them yesterday. I plan to order a pair to go with crops and ankle pants. Ballet shoes just don't work for me. They are too flat. I feel like I have duck feet when I am wearing them, plus I like a little more sole between me and the street.

• deegw
    11 years ago

They are super cute but they are definitely a teen shoe around here. My high school sophomore has been wearing them since middle school. I have really narrow heels and I just can't wear them. They fall off my feet when I walk. I do like the wedges.

{{gwi:1501953}}

• golddust
    11 years ago

Fourkids, I have the same problem with my feet. I linked to the shoes I tried on in a shoe store today. They have good support and were flattering.

Came home and ordered them in my size. I chose the bronze color. They were very comfortable and didn't squish my toes... They covered my toes completely.

Here is a link that might be useful: Taos Repleat

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz