Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bestyears_gw

Sixto Rodriguez

bestyears
10 years ago

We rented "Rodriguez" from Netflix recently and I can't get it out of my mind. I think I may have heard about it here -otherwise, I can't imagine how it ended up on my list. I don't want to give too much away, in case others want to see it, but since many of us came of age during the time it happened (early 70s), I thought others might be familiar with the story. Anyone?

I can't help but think that this could never happen today, simply because of the internet.

Comments (6)

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Is that Sugarman? Yes, I had the same reaction! Amazing story. Glad you mentioned it.

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, Sugarman! Glad I'm not the only one mesmerized by this story.

• funkyart
    10 years ago

Loved it!! I've recommended it anywhere I could grab an ear! So well done.. on every level!

Here is a link that might be useful: Searching for Sugar Man

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

The movie "Searching for Sugar Man", which is a documentary, is fantastic. We enjoyed it so much. I'm from outside the Detroit area and was living there then, although not in that area.
    Sixto Rodriguez was/is an incredibly talented guy. I know that he played the clubs in Detroit while I was there. He looks so familiar, but I have no idea where or when I saw him perform. I'm very glad his story was finally brought to everyone's attention.
    Lynn

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad at least a few others have seen it. I'm hooked on his music now. Such an amazing story.

• bestyears
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad at least a few others have seen it. I'm hooked on his music now. Such an amazing story.