Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
springroz

Has anybody ever used DCH skin care?

springroz
10 years ago

I got some samples in the mail, and used them. They seem really good, and not too expensive.

I have never heard of them, and wonder if someone knew more about them.

Thanks!
Nancy

Comments (10)

• Jamie
    10 years ago

I, too received samples. I wondered which mailing list sold my name to them. Haven't tried anything yet. Seems like a non-catchy name, doesn't it, in a world of Philosophy and Tarte and Bare Escentuals?

• jmck_nc
    10 years ago

I use them and love them. Use the oil cleanser in winter and mild soap in summer. Use some of their moisturizers and a facial scrub. Also, shampoo and conditioner. I do not wear makeup so not sure about that. They send 4 free samples with any order and have a loyalty program which nets discounts and free items. I use the samples for traveling.
    Judy

• rdquilter
    10 years ago

I have used for years. Mild soap. Concentrated eye cream. Ceramide cream and milk when my dry skin is suffering. I am switching over to some Ahava products just for something new. I stock up the DHC samples to use on shirt trips.

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Cool, thanks!! I am glad to hear, because I really liked the samples.

I meant DHC....not DCH!!!

Nancy

• Rosarugosa1
    10 years ago

I am curious about a skincare line called Paula's Choice. Has anyone heard of them? I learned about them through a website with discussion boards called makeupalley.com and they sound interesting. I purchased samples and am giving them a try. They are much less expensive than what I see at Sephora, Ulta, and the department stores. By the way, there is an interesting encyclopedia rating beauty products on the Paula's Choice website called the beautypedia. It has almost every product line you can think of with ratings.

Here is a link that might be useful: Beautypedia Brand Ratings

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Rosa...I don't know anything about her line or that she even had one....but years ago I did buy her book which is what she is famous for...Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me...where she reviewed lines, ingredients, etc.

• Rosarugosa1
    10 years ago

joaniepoanie, Yes, that is her book. I haven't read the book but I am impressed with her products so far -- I've had only the little sample sizes that are available for sale on her website. She also does review the DHC brand items on her website and there are user reviews though with all websites I take these with a grain of salt. I feel like there are fake reviews on every website (except for this one!)

• kimberlyrkb
    10 years ago

I love Paula's Choice skincare products. I regularly use the AHA and BHA, one bottle of each lasts me more than a year. I've tried many of the others, such as her acne products when I needed them, with good results, too. The skincare prices are very good. I have not tried her makeup.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

Interesting.....I went to Paula's Choice website and looked at reviews for lots of makeup....drugstore and department store.....lots of poors and averages with some goods and a few bests. Paula gives herself all Bests. Isn't it a conflict of interest to critique your own line? I know it's only makeup, but it kind of rubbed me the wrong way...now I'm not keen on trying it.

• springroz
    Original Author
    10 years ago

joaniepoanie, that is funny that she rates herself!!

I placed an order, but now....I get an email from them...I did not give them an email address. So, like jamies, I had wondered where they got my name, NOW I really wonder!

I am counting the minutes until it gets here, because my face felt SO much better using those samples.

Nancy