Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
my3dogsii

Would you please pray for my 'Mum'?

My3dogs ME zone 5A
10 years ago

We learned last Friday 2/28 that my wonderful Mum has approx. 2 weeks - 1 month to live. She is the best mother that anyone could hope to have, and has congestive heart failure and now kidney issues. She is ready and accepting of what will soon happen and prays that she will pass soon so that she will not suffer any longer.

She may be in hospice next week, but for now, my sister and I swap nights staying with her at her home, and I took Wed - Friday off from work to be here with her until we could get private pay nursing in place. It started yesterday, and is great.

My sisters and I greatly appreciate any Ts and Ps you could send her way.

Comments (122)

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

My3dogs, I know of the type place where your Mom is resting. There is a place nearby where I have visited and it is wonderful. When is lost my mom In 1995 to cancer I wish we could have used such a facility. Praying for continued comfort and peace for you all.

• bungalow_house
    10 years ago

m3d, so sorry to see this. I remember your mom's smiling face when you brought her with you when you came by last year. :)

Your family is in my thoughts.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    10 years ago

I'm glad to read that you could do such special things for your Mom... the soup, the dog visit. How nice to be able to make more good memories at an otherwise trying time.

• martinca_gw sunset zone 24
    10 years ago

You and your mother, your"mum", are so very blessed. Your story touched my heart deeply. We are all wrapping our arms around you.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you, all! I have (temporarily) wonderful news. After seeing my middle sister and BIL who came up from NC 2 weeks ago, so the little family was all together, Mum spent last weekend in Hospice, while I spent the weekend crying on and off at the thought of losing her.

On Monday, my 'local' youngest sister, who had the day off, called me - Mum had a change of plans, and decided that she was feeling well enough and wanted to come home! The NC sister and BIL brought her home Tuesday afternoon. I went over after work, and it was the first time since 2/22, when I took her to the ER, that I had seen her wearing anything other than a night gown.

She was beautifully dressed as she usually is - better than I was, for sure - sitting in her chair, wearing new shoes she'd bought before all this happened. And, doing her beloved Crossword puzzle in the newspaper! In fact, the first thing she asked me to do, was to re-start her subscription to the newspaper, so she'd have it each day.

She is only on 'comfort drugs' now, but she is happy and gracious, and to say we will enjoy this 'extra time' with her is a huge understatement. We have no idea how long this will last, but I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this, but they are happy tears!

Bungalow House!!!! How wonderful to 'see' you, especially knowing that you actually met Mum that very hot day last summer! We stopped at the 'Cookie Jar' on the way home! :-)

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

This was the first post I opened this morning and what a wonderful way to start my day. Your post brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

All I can think of is what a special woman your Mother is and how blessed you and your family are that she can return to her home - even though it might be temporary. Thanks for the update, it is great news.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

How heart warming, and I'm delighted you are so appreciative of these times you have together. She is fortunate to have you, as you are to have her. Sending you hugs.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

How wonderful that she is back home! I know you will make the most of this time with her.

• yayagal
    10 years ago

When things seems so sad, to have this blessing is a gift. You're Mom sounds like a determined person who knows how to live life. I'm happy for all of you that you have this respite. God is good.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Wonderful news! I know you and your family will make the most of this time.

tina

• Arapaho-Rd
    10 years ago

So happy for your news, M3D, and happy for your Mum that she is able to be back in her own home.

• User
    10 years ago

M3D..I am so glad for this respite for both your Mom and your family. She is where she needs to be at present. What a gift to you all. c

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Wow, that's amazing. So happy for you and your mom sounds like a superhero!

• User
    10 years ago

My3, this window of time with your dear mother is an answer to your prayers. I have hear of similar reprieves, and while they may last a short time or long, every minute is precious to your family. God bless you all.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

I am so very happy for you and for your lovely mother!
    Lynn

• Irish2
    10 years ago

So happy to have read this tonight before turning in, My3D!
    Enjoy your time with Mum and family.

• outsideplaying_gw
    10 years ago

Wonderful news for you and your family, M3D. So happy your sweet mother is enjoying time at home, surrounded by her loving family.

• anele_gw
    10 years ago

This news has warmed my heart. What a beautiful family you have, M3D.

Blessings to you all, especially your dear mother.

• allison0704
    10 years ago

I've been afraid to click on this thread, but so glad I did! Enjoy your time at home with your mom.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank-you all for your prayers and comforting thoughts.

My wonderful 'Mum' passed away on Tuesday July 8; living much longer than anyone thought. She was tiny, but very strong. She asked several times, 'Why is this taking so long?' as she was so tired and wanted to go rejoin my late Dad.

She passed in the Hospice facility she wanted to be in, 6 days after being taken there. She only knew we were with her one of those days, but we stayed and talked to her and held her hands and told her how very much we loved her. I couldn't have asked for better parents and I miss my beloved Mum so much, but am happy that she is with my Dad again.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a Mom. She was most fortunate one for having someone like you there for her. Try to remember all the blessings that were bestowed on you both for having each other. And as I learned from Mitch Albom, just because someone dies, doesn't mean your relationship with them ends. It changes, but it doesn't end. You will find ways your Mom is still in your life, and you will still learn new things about her as friends and family recount unheard tales and memories of her.

Sending you much comfort, strength and my deepest sympathies.

• Jamie
    9 years ago

Sending heartfelt condolences, My3, on the loss of your dear, tiny, strong Mum.

• maddielee
    9 years ago

i am sorry for your loss. Hold the memories close.

ML

• homersmom
    9 years ago

So sorry for your loss, my3dogs.

• lynninnewmexico
    9 years ago

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.
    Lynn

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry. It is so very hard to lose your mother. One of the hardest things I have gone through. I know you feel comforted in knowing she is with your father. My prayers are with you during this time.

• ellendi
    9 years ago

(((((My3dogs))))

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear your Mom has passed away. Thank goodness you had so much time to say goodbye, and so many memories for which to be thankful.

• eandhl
    9 years ago

I am so sorry for your loss. Without doubt you provided comfort for her with the special things you did.

• Fun2BHere
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you will miss her very much. (((BDM)))

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.....

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Oh, M3D, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard. There is comfort in knowing your folks are together again though. I know there was for me.

I sent you a poem, via email, that I wrote a couple months after I lost my Mom for a friend that had just lost her Mom. I hope it gives you some comfort.

• cat_mom
    9 years ago

My condolences to you and your family.....

(((hugs)))

• User
    9 years ago

So very sorry for your loss, my3, but I am happy that your mother passed in the place and time she wanted.

• User
    9 years ago

((My3dogs)) I'm so sorry for your loss.

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank-you, all, so much.

'Just', your poem has me in tears, as it's SO true. One thing I've missed a lot in the just under a week that she's been gone is being able to pick up the phone to call her, as I did at least once a day, and ask what she's up to, or tell her about something I had seen, or just say, 'Hi!'.

She always knew when I called her on a Friday and asked if she wanted to go for a ride with me on Saturday, that it was really a thinly veiled request to join me on 'a Craigslist Adventure'. The last one was in February when we went to York, ME to get the CL glass, brass and faux bamboo coffee table which became an ottoman.

She knows I have many CL to-do projects lined up, and I know she'll be watching to see what I do with them.

Here is my beautiful Mum, with my sweet Dad, who passed away on Valentine's Day 2007.

• peony4
    9 years ago

They seem very happy. :-) What a lovely photo. I'm so sorry for your loss.

• violetwest
    9 years ago

ah, sorry -- so hard to lose a mother, and you never quite get over it. But peaceful passing with family close by is about the best any of us can hope for.

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

Oh so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. Beautiful photo and beautiful memories I'm sure you will relive in the days to come. So glad you had her much longer than expected.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

I'm glad you got the poem m3d. I wasn't sure the GW mail would work with HTML.

What a beautiful couple your parents made. I'm sure that photo will bring you much comfort over the years to come. I know the one I have of my folks does to me.

• OllieJane
    9 years ago

Praying right now. Such a sweet looking couple.

• Lyban zone 4
    9 years ago

My3dogs,
    May your mom RIP.
    I am thinking of you and hoping the memories can help you through this difficult time.

• sis3
    9 years ago

Sending you cyber hugs. So, so sorry for your loss. I have a very elderly Mum too and can't even think about how painful it will be to lose her. I hope you soon find peace and healing and I wish you many joyous returns of all the happy memories you and your Mum shared over your lifetime.

• texanjana
    9 years ago

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom, and hope you find comfort and peace in your memories of her. She sounds like a wonderful mom.

• flowerpwr45
    9 years ago

What a lovely couple. Sorry for your loss.

• User
    9 years ago

What a handsome pair, m3d, that is a wonderful photo!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

M3D, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a lovely photo that you shared. I'm sure your mom will always be nearby watching over you.

• melsouth
    9 years ago

Heartfelt condolences to you, M3D.
    How wonderful for you to have had a great mom.

• mary_lu_gw
    9 years ago

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hold close the wonderful memories and know that she is always near watching over you.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

What sad news, good luck to you in your grieving time; that picture is so lovely, what a sweet couple.