Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Would you please pray for my 'Mum'?

Posted by my3dogs (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 8, 14 at 14:00

We learned last Friday 2/28 that my wonderful Mum has approx. 2 weeks - 1 month to live. She is the best mother that anyone could hope to have, and has congestive heart failure and now kidney issues. She is ready and accepting of what will soon happen and prays that she will pass soon so that she will not suffer any longer.

She may be in hospice next week, but for now, my sister and I swap nights staying with her at her home, and I took Wed - Friday off from work to be here with her until we could get private pay nursing in place. It started yesterday, and is great.

My sisters and I greatly appreciate any Ts and Ps you could send her way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Would you please pray for my 'Mum'?

Oh, I am so, so, so sorry.... My thoughts and prayers will be with all the while....

Your love for your Mum is so evident in your post.

o

(((My3 )))so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts are with you.

o

Sending prayers for you and your family.

o

I'm praying for all of you!

o

Thoughts and prayers for all of you, m3d.

o

I am so sorry to hear of this.

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

o

Absolutely. I'll keep you both in my prayers. My first is already on it's way. My heart goes out to you and your sister, (((M3D))). I'm glad, though, that you live close enough to be there for her now. Please know that we are all here for you, and that we care.
Lynn

o

I am so sorry to hear this. You have made reference to your Mom in some of your posts. I too hope that she does not suffer. You are all in my thoughts and sending strength to you all. c

o

I am so sorry--yes, I will be praying for your mother, your family and you for comfort and peace.

o

I'm so sorry, my3dogs. I will keep everyone in my prayers.

o

Thinking of you and sending prayers for all of you.

o

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. As rough as it is, you are fortunate to have time to say goodbye.

o

You are lucky to be with her, she is blessed to have you there.

Thinking of you all.

ML

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

My mom has congestive heart disease as well. She underwent a rapid decline last fall and her doctors are still struggling to get her stabilized.

How wonderful that you, your sister, and your mom are able to share this final time together.

o

Thinking of you, my3dogs, and your family.

o

I am so sorry to hear this.. my thoughts are with you and your family.

o

Both of my parents had in-home hospice....someone came every day to check on them, bathe them, etc. it was wonderful and I know my parents really appreciated being in their own home in their final days.

Please know we are all thinking of you.....

o

what sad news, how hard it must be for you and your sister, we are all indeed thinking of you. Good luck.

o

Praying for your mom and your family ((hugs)).

o

Lots of prayers for you all.

Beth P

o

Of course I will. I lost my mom over 3 years ago to a terminal illness. It is hard being given a timeline like that. I strongly recommend hospice. They were of such help to us. It doesn't matter who is caring for your mom, you can use hospice. They will have control of her medications, and in our case it was soooo much better than taking the chance that mom might have to go to the hospital. We were able to keep her at home and it was so worth it. They were wonderful at managing her pain and their compassion and support to both my mom and the family was wonderful.

My heart goes out to you - even though your mom is ready - and even if we know it may be for the best - we are never ready to lose someone we love. God bless you and your sisters as you go through this.

tina

o

My3dogs, so sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May you enjoy the time with your mom these weeks ahead and may they be peaceful for all of you. Do rely on Hospice for as much as you can. They are wonderful care-givers.

o

Of course, my3dogs <3 <3 <3

o

Sending prayers for your family, my3dogs.

o

My3dogs: So sorry. Sending caring thoughts your way.

o

Absolutely I'll pray for her and all of you. It's a painful and sad experience and I'll pray that she goes easy and without pain. God bless your Mom.

o

Keeping you, your mom, and family in my thoughts and prayers....

o

Your mom and family are in my thoughts and prayers.

o

I'm so sorry you are going through this. My advice to you is to keep your heart open, cherish the little time you have left, and hospice sooner rather than later. They are wonderful and supportive and will help you and your Mum in more ways than you can imagine. I was sorry I didn't call them in sooner when I lost my Mom.

I'm sending you my deepest wishes for strength, comfort, peace and courage in this most difficult time of transition.

o

My thoughts and prayers to you and your family, and comfort and peace to your Mum.

o

Praying for your mother, you and family. I am so sorry!

o

I'll keep you and your mom and your family in my prayers.
Hospice is a great decision. Will keep your mom comfortable and pain-free, and a big help for the whole family, esp emotionally.

o

Sending lots of prayers to you. I am so sorry to hear this. Both of my parents had in-home Hospice with me (only child) as caregiver. Hospice workers are truly angels. My parents died with dignity and were free of pain. This time together is a gift. Hold her tight, talk, laugh, play music, massage lotion on her skin....

o

I'll be praying for all of you, my3d. And I agree with others who have had wonderful experiences with hospice workers. They are truly a blessing to both the patient and her loved ones.

o

I am so sorry, you all are in my thoughts
dorothy

o

I'm praying for you and your family. I was amazed at how my mother cooperated with the dying process in her last days. It really didn't seem like she was being taken but rather that she was going. I couldn't figure out how she did it, but there was definitely some will there, mixed in with the surrender.

o

My3dogs, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
May joys and comforts come to all of you when they are needed most.

o

Sending along deepest wishes, thoughts and prayers for comfort and love for your Mum and your family and you.

o

May you all find some comfort in this last chapter. I'll keep you both in my thoughts.

o

I will hold you and your mother in my thoughts. It sounds like your mother is leaving a wonderful legacy of love.

o

I'm so sorry to hear this my3dogs. I will most certainly be praying for your Mum, that she may be kept from pain and discomfort (hospice is very good at making sure of that) and for you and your family that you find comfort in being able to have time to say your good byes. God bless you all.

o

My3dogs,
I am thinking of you and your mom. I will also send prayers.

o

Big hug and T&Ps from Texas -- cuz that's how we do things here. ;)

I lost my mom the day after Thanksgiving while my dad was in the hospital with the first round of diagnosed CHF together with pneumonia.. He is there with his second round now and may go home this afternoon. I may have been before you with my mom, but I'm following in your footsteps with my dad. I wish you peace and comfort.

o

I am also sorry to hear the sad news, my3dogs. Sending positive thoughts your way.

o

Just stopping by again to see if there were any updates and to add my continuing support and prayers.
Lynn

o

Thank-you, all, so very much. She is going down a bit each day, and has stopped some of the meds that were prescribed when I brought her home on 3/4. They were making her very sick, and when you are terminal, WHY put those toxins into her?

My local sister and I have been spending nights with her, and we have caregivers there during the day, as she needs someone around the clock. My sister thought that Mum would want to die at home, as my Dad did in 2007, but she has finally realized that Mum wants to go to a hospice facility. We are getting that expedited as soon as we possibly can. There is one in her town, Gosnell House, that we hear is just wonderful. The pastor for it's parent Southern Maine Hospice came for my Dad and he was so wonderful that Mum wants to speak with him soon. I feel she will be able to relax more once she's able to spend time with him.

Thanks again for all the caring thoughts; I cry when I read them.

o

Oh your mom is so blessed to have her daughters honoring her wishes and easing her final journey. Too often many families become disjointed during such difficult times. Hugs and prayers to you and your family.

o

Just wanted you to know that you are thought are in my thoughts.

Marcia

o

May your mom find peace and comfort knowing her loving family is gathered around her. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

o

You girls are giving your mom such a gift. Be strong! XOXO

o

Thank you for the update My3Dogs. My heart goes out to you and your family. I've been lifting you all up in prayer.

o

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this difficult time. I hope it's somewhat comforting that you are able to be with your Mother now. I'll remember you and your family in my prayers.

o

My heart goes out to you my3dogs. Losing my mom was the hardest thing I have been through. Like you, my sister and I cared for her - along with caregivers. It was a very loving time. Mom stayed at home, and had about 3 months. She was able to spend time with family and friends. As hard as it was, it was very special too. It is never easy. My prayers remain with you and your family.

tina

o

I am glad to hear that your mother has made her wishes known with respect to hospice care, and hope you can enroll her in the one you want, Losing a parent is difficult and you are fortunate to have a sister there with you. <3 <3 <3

o

My thoughts go out to your mum, you and your family.

It is obvious from your posts what a lovely person you are....and I think that is quite a tribute to your mum.

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mum, and hope that you all shall soon have peace.

o

I'm sending good thoughts your way. I hope your mum is resting comfortably. (That's how we referred to our mother when she was alive, and still do.)

o

• Posted by kousa Zone 6 (My Page) on
    Wed, Mar 12, 14 at 13:10

I am deeply sorry to hear about your Mum's terminal conditions. My mother passed away last year after a long illness so I understand what you are going through. If she is Christian, singing hymns to her may comfort her and give her peace. Here is an iris for your Mum. An iris flower symbolizes
"Faith, Wisdom, Valor, Promise, Hope" - all qualities that embodies your Mum.

o

M3D your mum is in good hands with you, your sister and hospice. The opportunity to pass gently from this life with loved ones close is such a gift. My mom has been gone many years but I still cherish the time we had at the end of her life to say whatever was in our hearts. I am so grateful there was nothing left unsaid. I'll be thinking of you.

o

A nurse from hospice came to evaluate Mum today at 5:30 PM. I was there meet with him. He was amazed at how incredible her mental acuity is, but when he took her vitals, he said that she was ready for hospice, due to the way her 02 rate dropped when he sat her up in bed.

At 7:30, they transported her to Gosnell House, where she so wanted to be. Her room is huge and beautiful and the people are so kind. She was relaxed and smiled when she curled up under a handmade quilt. They have one on each of the 18 beds in the facility. It's only 5 miles from my house, so I can visit her often and be there quickly, if needed.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gosnell House

o

I'm happy for your Mum that is where she wants to be My3Dogs. It looks like a lovely place.

o

It makes me smile to know she and you are both happy with where she is and that she is able to communicate that so clearly. That is a gift for you both. Hugs

o

That does look like a great place and you have the peace of mind she is well take care of there.

o

Just saw this ... you and your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers.

o

I am praying for you and your mom. So glad she is such a wonderful place. May her passing be peaceful.

o

Thinking of all of you...

o

Thinking about you and your mum. You must feel relieved that she is in a place physically and emotionally where she is relaxed and that you are close by.

o

Thinking of you and sending you hugs.

o

Thank you all so very much. She knows about my 'friends' on this board and how much I learn from it and enjoy it. This is part of an update I sent to friends and relatives last night -

How many patients in hospice have you heard of eating homemade soup that THEY made? That's what she had for lunch yesterday, as I brought some that she'd frozen, made shortly before she went into the hospital. They have a kitchen there and a small dining area for the patients, and homemade muffins and cookies are available for the family members. She likes the food there very much. The staff people are just wonderful.
A very nice social worked named Jennie came yesterday while I was visiting, and Mum had told her that I have dogs. Jennie told me that dogs are welcome at Gosnell, so today, my little Jenny, in her pink cupcake collar came with me to visit her 'grandmother'. She went right to the bed where Mum was sitting up and gave her some kisses. They even have dog treats at the front desk!

o

Sounds like a great place with wonderful people. I bet your Mum was happy to see her "grand daughter" You are a wonderful daughter.

o

My3Dogs what a lovely place your Mum is at. I'm sure she enjoyed the visit from her granddoggie!
I was able to take my Daddy's dog to see him the morning Daddy passed. He was in Hospice less than 24 hours. Sparky was so happy to see Daddy and immediately put his head under Daddy's hand that was resting on his bed. Though Daddy seemed pretty much out of it because of his pain medication he lifted his hand to pat his beloved pet. Daddy passed during that visit and Sparky would no longer go near his beloved master. He knew he had gone on.
My prayers are with you.

o

My3dogs, I know of the type place where your Mom is resting. There is a place nearby where I have visited and it is wonderful. When is lost my mom In 1995 to cancer I wish we could have used such a facility. Praying for continued comfort and peace for you all.

o

m3d, so sorry to see this. I remember your mom's smiling face when you brought her with you when you came by last year. :)

Your family is in my thoughts.

o

I'm glad to read that you could do such special things for your Mom... the soup, the dog visit. How nice to be able to make more good memories at an otherwise trying time.

o

You and your mother, your"mum", are so very blessed. Your story touched my heart deeply. We are all wrapping our arms around you.

o

Thank you, all! I have (temporarily) wonderful news. After seeing my middle sister and BIL who came up from NC 2 weeks ago, so the little family was all together, Mum spent last weekend in Hospice, while I spent the weekend crying on and off at the thought of losing her.

On Monday, my 'local' youngest sister, who had the day off, called me - Mum had a change of plans, and decided that she was feeling well enough and wanted to come home! The NC sister and BIL brought her home Tuesday afternoon. I went over after work, and it was the first time since 2/22, when I took her to the ER, that I had seen her wearing anything other than a night gown.

She was beautifully dressed as she usually is - better than I was, for sure - sitting in her chair, wearing new shoes she'd bought before all this happened. And, doing her beloved Crossword puzzle in the newspaper! In fact, the first thing she asked me to do, was to re-start her subscription to the newspaper, so she'd have it each day.

She is only on 'comfort drugs' now, but she is happy and gracious, and to say we will enjoy this 'extra time' with her is a huge understatement. We have no idea how long this will last, but I am sitting here with tears in my eyes as I write this, but they are happy tears!

Bungalow House!!!! How wonderful to 'see' you, especially knowing that you actually met Mum that very hot day last summer! We stopped at the 'Cookie Jar' on the way home! :-)

o

This was the first post I opened this morning and what a wonderful way to start my day. Your post brought tears to my eyes and a smile to my face.

All I can think of is what a special woman your Mother is and how blessed you and your family are that she can return to her home - even though it might be temporary. Thanks for the update, it is great news.

o

How heart warming, and I'm delighted you are so appreciative of these times you have together. She is fortunate to have you, as you are to have her. Sending you hugs.

o

How wonderful that she is back home! I know you will make the most of this time with her.

o

When things seems so sad, to have this blessing is a gift. You're Mom sounds like a determined person who knows how to live life. I'm happy for all of you that you have this respite. God is good.

o

Wonderful news! I know you and your family will make the most of this time.

tina

o

So happy for your news, M3D, and happy for your Mum that she is able to be back in her own home.

o

M3D..I am so glad for this respite for both your Mom and your family. She is where she needs to be at present. What a gift to you all. c

o

Wow, that's amazing. So happy for you and your mom sounds like a superhero!

o

My3, this window of time with your dear mother is an answer to your prayers. I have hear of similar reprieves, and while they may last a short time or long, every minute is precious to your family. God bless you all. <3 <3 <3

o

I am so very happy for you and for your lovely mother!
Lynn

o

So happy to have read this tonight before turning in, My3D!
Enjoy your time with Mum and family.

o

Wonderful news for you and your family, M3D. So happy your sweet mother is enjoying time at home, surrounded by her loving family.

o

This news has warmed my heart. What a beautiful family you have, M3D.

Blessings to you all, especially your dear mother.

o

I've been afraid to click on this thread, but so glad I did! Enjoy your time at home with your mom.

o

Thank-you all for your prayers and comforting thoughts.

My wonderful 'Mum' passed away on Tuesday July 8; living much longer than anyone thought. She was tiny, but very strong. She asked several times, 'Why is this taking so long?' as she was so tired and wanted to go rejoin my late Dad.

She passed in the Hospice facility she wanted to be in, 6 days after being taken there. She only knew we were with her one of those days, but we stayed and talked to her and held her hands and told her how very much we loved her. I couldn't have asked for better parents and I miss my beloved Mum so much, but am happy that she is with my Dad again.

o

Oh I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard losing a Mom. She was most fortunate one for having someone like you there for her. Try to remember all the blessings that were bestowed on you both for having each other. And as I learned from Mitch Albom, just because someone dies, doesn't mean your relationship with them ends. It changes, but it doesn't end. You will find ways your Mom is still in your life, and you will still learn new things about her as friends and family recount unheard tales and memories of her.

Sending you much comfort, strength and my deepest sympathies.

o

Sending heartfelt condolences, My3, on the loss of your dear, tiny, strong Mum.

o

i am sorry for your loss. Hold the memories close.

ML

o

So sorry for your loss, my3dogs.

o

My thoughts and prayers are with you today.
Lynn

o

I'm so sorry. It is so very hard to lose your mother. One of the hardest things I have gone through. I know you feel comforted in knowing she is with your father. My prayers are with you during this time.

o

(((((My3dogs))))

o

I'm so sorry to hear your Mom has passed away. Thank goodness you had so much time to say goodbye, and so many memories for which to be thankful.

o

I am so sorry for your loss. Without doubt you provided comfort for her with the special things you did.

o

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know you will miss her very much. (((BDM)))

o

My condolences to you and your family.....

o

Oh, M3D, I'm so very sorry for your loss. Losing a parent is so hard. There is comfort in knowing your folks are together again though. I know there was for me.

I sent you a poem, via email, that I wrote a couple months after I lost my Mom for a friend that had just lost her Mom. I hope it gives you some comfort.

o

My condolences to you and your family.....

(((hugs)))

o

So very sorry for your loss, my3, but I am happy that your mother passed in the place and time she wanted.

o

((My3dogs)) I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

Thank-you, all, so much.

'Just', your poem has me in tears, as it's SO true. One thing I've missed a lot in the just under a week that she's been gone is being able to pick up the phone to call her, as I did at least once a day, and ask what she's up to, or tell her about something I had seen, or just say, 'Hi!'.

She always knew when I called her on a Friday and asked if she wanted to go for a ride with me on Saturday, that it was really a thinly veiled request to join me on 'a Craigslist Adventure'. The last one was in February when we went to York, ME to get the CL glass, brass and faux bamboo coffee table which became an ottoman.

She knows I have many CL to-do projects lined up, and I know she'll be watching to see what I do with them.

Here is my beautiful Mum, with my sweet Dad, who passed away on Valentine's Day 2007.

photo d8036b9c-5a0a-4ae9-813c-c59feea33a05_zpsf88107c6.jpg

o

They seem very happy. :-) What a lovely photo. I'm so sorry for your loss.

o

ah, sorry -- so hard to lose a mother, and you never quite get over it. But peaceful passing with family close by is about the best any of us can hope for.

o

Oh so sorry to hear of the loss of your Mother. Beautiful photo and beautiful memories I'm sure you will relive in the days to come. So glad you had her much longer than expected.

o

I'm glad you got the poem m3d. I wasn't sure the GW mail would work with HTML.

What a beautiful couple your parents made. I'm sure that photo will bring you much comfort over the years to come. I know the one I have of my folks does to me.

o

Praying right now. Such a sweet looking couple.

o

My3dogs,
May your mom RIP.
I am thinking of you and hoping the memories can help you through this difficult time.

o

Sending you cyber hugs. So, so sorry for your loss. I have a very elderly Mum too and can't even think about how painful it will be to lose her. I hope you soon find peace and healing and I wish you many joyous returns of all the happy memories you and your Mum shared over your lifetime.

o

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom, and hope you find comfort and peace in your memories of her. She sounds like a wonderful mom.

o

What a lovely couple. Sorry for your loss.

o

What a handsome pair, m3d, that is a wonderful photo!

o

M3D, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. It's a lovely photo that you shared. I'm sure your mom will always be nearby watching over you.

o

Heartfelt condolences to you, M3D.
How wonderful for you to have had a great mom.

o

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hold close the wonderful memories and know that she is always near watching over you.

o

What sad news, good luck to you in your grieving time; that picture is so lovely, what a sweet couple.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here