Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
3katz4me

March Healthy check in

3katz4me
10 years ago

Hi all - I haven't checked in much lately so thought I'd get things going for March. Last time I checked in I think I mentioned I was in kind of a funk - just unable to motivate myself to exercise during the week. Nothing much has changed on that front. I haven't given up though and I'm still religious about the weekends. Quality of my diet went to hell in a hand basket starting over the holidays. Not a good time of year for a sugar addict. Then in February I was at a company sales meeting for a week with three squares a day. Not good for my see food eat food mentality. Only redeeming thing about that fiasco is that I did manage to do my yoga routine 3x while I was there. Now I'm back in the land of sub zero temps, ice and snow. I did get out for a walk last week when the roads were pretty snow covered rather than one big icy mass.

I'm getting back on track with better eating and have lost a couple pounds over the last couple weeks. Need to lose five more and I've gotta' get back to more frequent exercise though for that to happen.

On a mental health front I've gotten busy and getting some things done that have been on my to do list way too long. So getting out of my winter slump. Arranged some get togethers with friends including having some people over for dinner tonight. Removed border and painted the bedroom at our weekend lake place. It looks SO much better. Getting estimates today to get wallpaper removed at home including some that's been here since we moved in 22 years ago. We only have a tiny bit of carpet left in this house but I picked out some new stuff to replace what's still here after over 22 years.

Overall life is good though and I enjoy every day - just trying to make each day a little better. Can't wait for spring!! What's up with everyone else?

This post was edited by gibby3000 on Sat, Mar 1, 14 at 9:58

Comments (14)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Hi Gibby!
    I am also counting the moments until Spring. Good heavens this winter has been a drag. My weekly fitbit reports show I haven't been as active as usual but between the cold and snow/ice it's been hard. I can't wait until I can just open the front door to take a walk instead of having to drive to a mall or the gym to find a place to exercise.

Good for you for taking charge and arranging get togethers with your friends. I find people are always willing to get together but so few will take the lead to plan anything. Sometimes it bugs me that I always have to be the one to initiate anything but it's better than sitting home just staring at my husband night after night, weekend after weekend. I mean I like the guy and all but I occasionally need to talk with other people. :-)

Fortunately, there's nothing to report - good or bad - on my eating and exercising. Same old, same old. I'm content.

• User
    10 years ago

edited to remove

{{!gwi}}

This post was edited by trailrunner on Sun, Mar 2, 14 at 8:23

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Back on track with my diet. I gained weight on my vacation.

I have been hooping at home and just found a class on Sundays. I'm excited to see if I can take this exercise up to the next level.

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

UGH!
    The train is off the rails over here. I'm up about five pounds. Today is a new day!
    I'm blaming it on the cold.

Beth P.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

I survived my first week of the cleanse and it went surprisingly well. Fortunately, the way she broke us into it with 2 weeks of prep made the transition to full on cleanse fairly easy. I'm down 3 1/2 lbs which is nice, but perhaps more important, my energy levels are definitely up, and with the help of the class, it's given me the incentive to toe the line on drinking more water, adding more fruits and veggies and cutting back on carbs. And for whatever reason, it always seems when you add discipline in one area of your life, it comes in others too, so I've been exercising more and mixing it up between walking, yoga and pilates.

So all in all, 3 weeks into the class, it's been a good thing. I have a physical with a new doc in a couple of weeks...it'll be interesting to see if any of my numbers have moved.

• Sueb20
    10 years ago

Off the rails here, too. And one good thing about this monthly check in -- I am reminded that I was posting about being off the rails LAST month, too, so I am presently a little embarrassed that I've let it go this long.

I am back on track now, though. There's nothing like a cholesterol and BP check at the doctor (which I have today) to inspire better behavior! I am already on BP meds and do not want to go on cholesterol meds, but I think that's where I'm headed. To some extent I think it's unavoidable, because my very-healthy 79 yo dad is on both meds and has been for probably 35 years.

I did an hour on the treadmill yesterday and the day before. Will try to squeeze in a quick 1/2 hour later today. I have no excuse for not exercising now that I've actually bought my own treadmill!

By the next check-in, I hope to be saying I've lost my winter weight (just a couple pounds, but I feel it) and am on the way to losing more.

• 3katz4me
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who's off the rails. Can we make a pact or something to help us get back on track?

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

So far off the rails that I briefly got excited that my favorite fried seafood place is open for the Season....

Then I remembered my post here. LOL.

NO clams for me!

Beth

• hhireno
    10 years ago

That's odd, I thought I posted but it isn't here. Forgive me if it shows up twice:

can we make a pact
    How's this for an idea? If we don't make serious improvements by the April check-in we have to reveal our true weight? Heeheehee. Yeah, yeah, there are many flaws with implementing that plan but didn't it strike fear in your heart for a split second?

Beth,
    You're on the Cape, right? Is it Seafood Sams? Or what's that other place near Brewster - Capt somebody-or-other?

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Beth, dont deprive yourself. Yes you can have those clams! They need to be truthfully factored in and, it can be your indulgence for the week, if and only if, you get back on the rail.

I have always watched my weight since forever. But now the difference is how easy it is to gain and how long it takes to lose. Motivation is the key. When I am really honest about what I am doing, I can lose weight. Sometimes I just don't care.

For me it is the food. Again, being really honest about what I am eating. I can do a weight training class, ride my stationary bike at home, walk the dog for two miles and then get on the scale the next day to see I have gained.

Yes, it does help to stop in here and see how everyone else is doing. Same concept as going to an actual WW meeting. You become accountable.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

We were alcohol-free for January, but we did have some wine in Feb, but limited. We had the snow days, and well, it was a good excuse for some wine.

I am still getting the complimentary weight training sessions, and they have really helped. Every time I put on my pants, they feel better. I ordered online two additional pairs in grey and brown of the same style I bought in-store in black, and the one pair was much smaller. Well, now they fit. I have not weighed myself, but i know I am down at least 5 lbs from January, probably more based on how the brown pants didn't fit.

I am still doing WW tracking and trying to increase my overall daily physical activity.

My spring break week is the week after next, so I look forward to being active and attending my favorite Zumba class. I should probably make an appointment to check my thyroid and Vitamin D levels. I will still need the repeat colonoscopy, but I plan to do that in May when school gets out.

• Bethpen
    10 years ago

hhireno..yes Seafood Sams!

I will have some eventually, but for now I have to detox. Plus, it is still so cold, not really fried clam weather. The nice thing is a really great bike path goes by Sams and we can ride about five miles down, then five miles home.

I've got two good days under my belt. I even logged it on My Fitness Pal. Babysteps!

Beth p.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Oy, I fell off the rails too. You people are not suppose to influence me in that way!

Last week I was in HHI with my husband. It was 20 degrees colder than normal and very rainy. It was the most disappointing weather I've ever experienced there. It was too cold and wet to walk Tues-Fri. We ate dinner out every night and I had wine every night. I haven't weighed myself yet but I feel like I gained 25 pounds. Well, okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.

Today is a new day and I'm back on track. Back to healthy cooking, back to the gym tomorrow morning, back to watching recorded episodes of the Daily Show while I do my hooping this week.

• bonnieann925
    10 years ago

Back on track finally. It was a long derailment, which I'm blaming on the winter from hell (and some fried clams from Kreme & Cone in Chatham). Beth I couldn't resist!

Have been going to the gym and doing Leslie Sansone walking at home. I did something to my left heel and am been hobbling around for two days. I think I hurt the tendon while pulling on boots. Has anyone ever had an Achilles' tendon problem?