Return to the Home Decorating Forum

o
Do older women look better with short hair?

Posted by nancybee_2010 (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 27, 11 at 2:11

I am 55 and have shoulder length hair. I am starting to wonder if it is dragging my face down and if I would look better with a short (hopefully chic!) hairstyle.

Do you think that, in general, older women look better with shorter hair? Do you like your long, short, or medium hair or are you thinking of changing it? Or does it just depend on the individual person?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do older women look better with short hair?

I am 48, have a really round face and don't find short haircuts all that flattering on me, so I wear mine more chin length. I think it really depends on the person.

o

I think short hair looks good if it's cut into a stylish cut and the person has a bit of flair about them. I have a friend who has sortof a spikey cut but it looks great on her because she wears these angular/colorful glasses and her clothing choices are just really artfully put together. She has a knack for scarves. So as a package, she is really quite stunning.

On me, I think it would look odd because I tend to dress somewhere between Eddie Bauer/Land's End/J. Jill and I have no ability to wear jewelry which accessorizes my outfits, scarves look odd on me etc. - so I need a pretty basic, shoulder length, layered hair style that I can manage.

Sort of sad actually.

I also think it depends on what kind of hair you have. I have really straight, fine hair that I think would stick to my head and wouldn't do anything. If you have texture to your hair or a slight wave or curl, I think short hair can be very attractive.

o

I have had my hair really short for 31 years now. I am 60 and with my active lifestyle I love it. My hair is very very thick and it looks like a bushel basket of hair , giving a whole new meaning to Big Hair, when it grows out. I do agree that it depends on your face and head shape and also of course the hairdresser that you use. Here is a pic last year before my cycling trip. I am leaving again on another couple month tour and this time I am going to get a "buzz" cut before I leave. I saw several women with them when I was in NYC this winter and really like the look.

Touring rig 2/7/10

post a pic and let us see...

o

I think that long hair can drag down your face, but a long hair cut with face framing layers cut into it can counteract the effect.

o

Check out the looks on The Sartorialist--he's been shooting older women lately, and there's a mix. I do think that having some height at the crown is more flattering than long straight hair.

Scroll down for the portraits--Lee Radziwill is one.

Here is a link that might be useful: The Sartorialist

o

I agree with terriks. But really, as others have said, it depends on your face, your hair (thick/thin, etc), the style. I'm another with THICK hair. It is also wavy. I went the long hair route for years and honestly got tired of it. I now wear a short cut with long layers - very layered. I cannot go super short or too close to my head look. I do get alot of compliments on my hair tho!

tina

o

Ditto what everyone said. It depends on your hair and your face/bones. I also have thin, straight, fine hair and at 59, I still wear it shoulder length or slightly longer (just before I have it cut again). I never looked good in short hair (no body, flat, ugh) and that won't change now that I am older. When I want to, I pull it up and/or back which seems to look good according to friends. If I had wonderful, thick hair that could carry off a short cut (thinking Geraldine Ferraro style), I would cut it in a second! These days, there are a lot of us who are keeping our hair longer than past generations and I think that is fine. You could always cut it and if you hate it, it will grow back! :)

o

Yep - agree with what others have said. I'm coming up on 49 and don't consider myself a spring chicken, but do maintain my hair a little past my shoulders. I think that layers make all the difference. Long or short or in-between, to me what instantly says "old lady hair" is a do that looks as though it was "set at the beauty parlor." A tight, rigid "poodle perm" comes to mind. My mom is 71 and has an adorable short, spiky cut. She's recently let her color go all gray and she's cuter than ever, in a fresh and stylish way.

o

idee, I like that blog--thanks.

o

Interesting question. I am 50. A few years ago I had short hair and started growing it out because I was bored. Told my DD and she said it was a good idea since it was the last time I will be able to have longer hair. Asked her what she meant and she said "you can't be old and have long hair". Ha! Well, it's now shoulder length (the length I was going for) and I am liking it. In fact, lots of people have told me I look younger. So, go figure! Oh, and DD really likes it too! And hasn't told me to cut it now that I'm officially old :-)

o

Good question. There's not a one size fits all answer, though!

I'm 48 with long hair a few inches past my shoulders. Had bangs forever until 2 years ago. Can't decide if I should cut the bangs again. It's so much easier living without them!

Love having no styling worries, no concerns about "what are my bangs doing now that I'm in the wind/rain/humidity/heat/cold?" Especially during gardening season, it's so user-friendly not to have them. So, that's MY question as far as styles for aging hair...bangs or no bangs? LOL! Guess they do hide forehead wrinkles! Bangs, not Botox, would certainly be my preference if I get concerned about that!

As far as short hair goes, I Love the super short look on many women. It really suits Trailrunner well! As for me, I don't think I could pull it off!

I so relate to cyn427's comments about her hair! My thin, fine hair is rather brain-damaged, and won't "do" a "do!" One sort of expects long, fine hair to just hang, but we expect to see shorter hair bouncin' and behavin,' but mine won't!

I do like the versatility of putting my hair up or in a ponytail which is how it stays all summer.

Nancy, have you tried wearing your hair up for a change?

o

I have had long hair for a long time. And have thought about cutting it off for a long time. So a few years ago I went to a shoulder length (that's short to me) layered do. I sort of liked it but not enough to keep it. I've gone back to long. Does it look good on my 53 YO face? No idea. It's "me".
As others have said depends on the person/face.

o

I don't think age is the factor, it's the condition of your hair. And the cut/color, too. Look at Kirstie Alley, she's close to 60 and she's got gorgeous long hair. Many women in their 50's are wearing longer hair.

I think long hair is pretty, up till a certain age...I think if you look like a 70 or 80 (no offense to anyone!!) year old lady, then shorter hair is more appropriate. Deep wrinkles and long hair don't work.

Even worse is the coarse S&P long hair. All silver is pretty, but I've seen too many women with 'witch hair'...that need to cut it shorter or color & condition.

Mine is almost to my hind end now, but I have only a little gray and my hair is still thick and full. I'm going to be cutting it to just about shoulder length this summer, and I think I'll be keeping it about that length.

o

I think bangs also depend on the person/face. I have had bangs for years and would not be without then. Mine are long - kind of swept to one side. When it's really humid, I do use a curling iron to straighten them a bit. I hate curly bangs! LOL When we're camping, working in the yard, boating, etc. I generally wear a sun visor.

I was never one to wear my hair up much at all. Even a ponytail. I never felt it suited me and it made my scalp sore. Weird, I know.

tina

o

I'm 61 and have fine, straight hair I can easily sit on. It's a little grey, but mostly my original color which is medium mouse brown. I've been thinking of cutting some bangs.

My hair has thinned a lot in the last two years (probably because of major illness and emotional stress). That seems to have stopped, but it will take a long time for it to fill out like it was before. :(

That has me reconsidering what is my lifelong hair-do: just parted in the middle and straight; occasionally up or in a braid. Total hippy chick look I'm sorry to say.

But I hate all the fidget-y hairdresser thing. I haven't had my hair profssionally cut in almsot half a century. Oh my!

L

o

Thanks for all the responses! It was very interesting hearing how you all feel about your hair and I would love to hear more.

I'm thinking that how we wear our hair says a lot about us!

o

Yes, Nancy, I think it does say a lot. My sisters and niece color & cut their hair regularly. I haven't had my hair cut since 1987! They get manicures and pedicures regularly too, and I've never once had one.

I do love makeup, skincare and fragrance, so it's not as though I don't like girly things. But, when it comes to hair (& nails!) I guess I'm kind of a minimalist!

o

Around the beginning of each March, I get my hair cut very short...not buzzed, but short - Halle Berry short. During the summer gardening season, when I'm bending over plants quite often, it's out of my way and if there is straggling hair, it gets clipped back. I then get it trimmed and evened out late Aug/early Sept. By the time the next cold winter comes around, it's at shoulder length and covers my neck, providing warmth during the worst of the winter. I get another evening out trim in Dec. By spring, it's longer than shoulder length and I am soooo ready for the next short cut. I'm 55.

I love it super short and when the March hair cut happens, I get comments/compliments. This cut takes about 5 minutes to dry/style!! And then I love having my neck warm during the winter. From this point on, I'll do this back and forth - it works for me and provides me the variety of seasonal change. Going super short the first time was scary, but I'm glad I took the risk!

o

Do older women look better with short hair? I think it depends on the hair, shape of face, personality etc.

What age is considered older now a days?

I'm 61 and I wear my hair short because it's easy.

The picture below was taken four months ago and I have colored my hair darker with a few highlights now. Please excuse that dreadful lip liner. I had a bottle of coke and all that was left was lip liner, errrrrrrrr.

.....Jane

Photobucket

o

I just turned 55 and I am wearing my hair longer, just to my shoulders with some layers. But just long unstyled hair I don't think looks good on most women over 50.

Liriodendron, I think you are on the right track that it's time for a change. Try asking a few friends whose hair looks nice for advice and suggestions for a hairdresser. I bet you will be surprised how easy shorter hair can be to dry and care for. I can dry and style mine in under 10 minutes. The hairdresser could even show you how, make sure you tell her/him you want an easy care style.

o

In a word, Yes, but I have trouble with one word answers - go figure. lol Fresher and more current. Lightens and lifts the face regardless of your hair texture, etc. You definitely need earrings if you wear your hair short IMHO

I think many who are on the fence because of their own hair's thickness or lack thereof, would find that with the right cut/style, their own hair would look so much better than they are envisioning or, they haven't yet gotten yet gotten the right cut. Look around at women around you, your friends, gals at the office, the boutique, collegues, ask around for a good "shorter cuts" person in a salon close to you. Check out the gals' cuts at the salon you frequent. If they look up to date and fresh without looking trendy, you sould be able to find someone there, or at another salon to give you a great cut with whatever type hair you are working with. Take pics from magazines, the net, etc., and tell the stylist what you like about each cut, and how it would/wouldn't work for you. Tell the stylist your max allowance time to primp in the a.m. Definitely be honest~ and realistic. Chose pictures that have a similar face structure, you can't get Halle Berry hair with a much different facial structure. Usually the salon owner, mine is a guy - doesn't matter - can defintely hook you up with something current and shorter.

Hands down, I am always happier after I have cut it short. 49 soon to be 50!

o

I have girlfriends who have stubbornly kept their very long hair well into their senior years. I think they look much older than the people who have cut their hair into a stylish shape.

Teenagers look good with very long hair.

o

This piece contains a slideshow of "older" women with long hair. Rene Russo is da' bomb!

Here is a link that might be useful: Link

o

Tina, it sounds like you have really good hair!

That's a very sassy "do" Newdawn! Like the color too. I know that you are a hairsylist. Do you cut & color your own hair?

Good advice, Workinprogress and Golddust. I'm probably pushing the long hair thing at 48. It's still not that bad on me,( I don't think?) but once I am over 50, it probably will really be time for a cut...at least a short-er version of what I have (baby steps are needed for some of us!)

So I am a scaredy cat when it comes to cuts, but I can see that after 50, modifications are in order! So, Nancy, at 55, yes, a shorter version of your style may be the way to go. If you are used to shoulder-length hair, how about a bob? That's always been a style that I've admired on other women. Especially women with good, thick, bouncy hair! It's so classic and looks great whether your clothing style tends to be the most casual or extremely elegant and dressy. However, having said that, I realize that many women are flattered more by wearing layered hair styles. As Workinprogress suggested, consult a pro for tips about that!

o

That's exactly what I've decided to do for now, stinky. I do have thick hair. And then, like you said, baby steps to a cut like trailrunner's or newdawn's. Or stop where I feel comfortable.

Even though I still love it on others, I'm ready to say good-bye to my long hair.

Thanks again for all the responses.

o

Auntjen, I don't know if celebrities count for much *if* they have had face work done. Most of them look 30.

o

I agree, Golddust. If you're willing to really work like mad at maintaining the whole package, face and body,then the long "younger" hair styles seem to work on the very well-preserved, older celebs.

Yes, Christie Brinkley in that pic does look 30 (at 56!) Gorgeous yes, but at what expense (time, energy and money-wise?) Chances are good, that if you took Christie's hair and put it on my head, it would not end up having the same effect! I'm not a blond, but I mean the whole package is entirely different!

Saw the cover of a magazine at the grocery store today that featured Courtney Cox. Flipped through and saw the pics of her, looking so much a very different person via some kind of "work" she's had done recently. She's still sporting long, center-parted hair with no bangs and looking gorgeous at 46. Again, I think she wears the hair well due to lots of work to the rest of her, a commitment that many of us are not willing or able to make.

Having said this, those pics of the over-40 ladies were fun to see. Pretty, smiling faces all looking good! Just exhausts me to think of all the work that goes into staying that way. When does one finally wave the white flag? We've all talked about this before...there's got to be a happy medium.

o

Yep, those celebs on the link do look fab! The real test would be to go to your local mall or similar locale and pull aside 10 random 50 plus regular gals with longer than shoulder length hair. I'd venture a guess that many would have their hair pulled back in one manner or another. Also, think it would be very evident how different us regular folk who don't have the "support" those celebs had prior to having those pics taken.

Wouldn't it be amazing to have a stylist all to yourself? Can't imagine, but sure would love to try it, even if only for a week! A little help from the plastic surgeon would be great too! All very beautiful women with long hair!

o

Thanks Stinky! I don't color my hair but I do cut it myself quite often.

o
Here's a virtual tool...

I typed words and they came out jibberish (no coffee yet).
So will cut to the chase. Google "virtual hairstyles". You'll get lots of sites that have a tool you can use. I have only used this one, it saved me from making a drastic cut. (When I am blue, or need a change, typically my hair is the first target.) The pro's are you use your own photo, can pick and choose various lengths & styles, color, tweak the thickness, etc. (I sort of accidentally found the thickness tweak, you use the tool to pull the virtual style in any given direction). The Con is you have only celebrity styles to choose from. But it can give you ideas of what works & what doesn't. It's not perfect, you'll look a little funny and probably laugh at how some styles look, so bring your imagination. And just like pics for 'virtuals' here, use one that has generous lighting, no shadows, looking straight into the camera. Hope that helps! :)

o

Thanks, Moonshadow. I will definitely try that!

o

That's a neat link, Moonshadow, thanks for sharing it. I'm just curious. Which "do" did you like best on you? Whis is closest to the way you currently wear you hair? Sounds like you've experimented with a variety of styles (& colors?) What have you really liked and what have you regretted doing to your hair?

o

Think Jackie Kennedy and how lovely she looked. I see many many clients with long hair even over 70 and they look super but you have to be able to carry off the complete look as stated above. Even if it's just jeans and a crisp shirt the haircut is the most important factor as it SHOULD flatter all your best feature and that includes any coloring techniques. On the other hand I do think any woman can wear short hair if cut properly.

o

I am 47.....48 is just around the corner and I guess I hadn't thought I was going to need to chop off my lock at some magic date in the future. I was blessed with great hair genes. The texture is silky, it's incredibly thick and leans toward the red family without a gray in sight so far (and I've had some gray hair moments!). It grows super fast so when I once attempted a short doo I found I had to get it trimmed constantly and frankly, the look was not good on my round face!

So I have hair between waist and mid back length with layers all around and bangs. I've altered the style a few times but always go back...it works fir me. I wear it up or partially up most often but when I wear it down I always get compliments. I can't imagine chopping it all off just because I hit an age milestone. I have a lot of other bad genes so perhaps I am compensated for a big butt with good hair :p

Personally I love a beautiful head of hair on anyone. Well cut and set (be that a fancy doo or just silky straight hair combed to perfection) is gorgeous. Part of that well cut is that the style should work with your face and body shape and your lifestyle. I love uber short hair on woman who are elegant and chic as seen in the photos above. I at my best still can't get past being cute or pretty....no one ever, in my best days ever said elegant when talking bout me...more like "she's adorable" you know...like a freaking dress up doll lol. Elegant and chic with a short doo...I envy you! But cute and adorable with a pixie cut,,,,,it's not a pretty sight ladies! Believe me I've tried and regretted it!

Now as to color....I have always admired a silver or salt and pepper mane! It's such an elegant look! Probably because reds tend to go yucky yellow lol (we always want what we can't have don't we?). There is a woman in town who has hair much like mine but it's salt and pepper. I don't know her but every time I see her I want to go run my hands through that gorgeous hair to see if it's as silky as it looks lol. She is definitely over 50 and i would hate to see it cut off just because she is officially "too old or gray" for long hair. She's yummy :). Wonderfully elegant with fabulous long Gray hair. She rocks it!

o

I think what I meant was not- should we cut off our hair at a certain age to be socially acceptable but more- is short hair more flattering to a face which has started to "go south"- which at my age, 55, is starting to happen.

As some have pointed out here, layers and wearing hair up can be a way to uplift, as a shorter haircut does.

I don't think long, straight hair is the best look for me.

Jane Fonda and Cher are older ladies, both in great shape. In my opinion, Jane is more attractive than Cher, partly because of her styled, fluffy hair. Cher kind of looks like she has trouble accepting her age.

btw, your hair sounds beautiful, igloo!

o

It isn't the face it is the HAIR!! If it is thinning, doesn't take dye well anymore I think shorter looks better.

o

Nance...do you still have shoulder-length locks, or did you try a new "do?"

o

Haha, I was about to respond to this yesterday when I cruised through the comments and realized I already had - some time ago!

tina

o

Trail and Newhome-- you two are very lovely women!

I agree with those who say "it depends." I think some women cut their hair short because they think it's expected, and it does not look good. Some women carry off a short style VERY well (see examples above), but some do not . . .however, a super-long style does not work well on most older women.

It seems that the way hair is cut around one's face is what matters the most?

o

stinky, my hair is shorter now.

Someone I think who does look better with shorter hair is Hillary. (I know her intelligence and skill is far, far more important than her hair). It's interesting how she's gone back to long hair and headbands like she wore in her younger days.

o

Really though! I don't know what Hil's new look is about! She looks really great with shorter hair. Going blonde was a plus for her too. I like seeing bangs on her. This off the face long hair is not flattering at all...she looks tired & matronly.

o
RE: hair?

Nance, I meant to ask for the details! What's your new style? Do you like it?

o

Well, it hits the bottom of my neck, is one length on the bottom but with long layers so it doesn't get too wide on the bottom (it's thick and can get that pyramid shape). And my bangs are longish and swept to the side.

What is your hair like now stinky and has anyone changed their hairstyle since last year?

o

Like everyone has already said it's all about face shape and overall package. I wear mine just short of shoulder length with lots of layers. I'm envious of women with the face shape that can wear all their hair pulled back sleek from their face, so easy and elegant. My hair is dark and straighter than a pin and if I want it to do anything other than play dead I have to use lots of goop. I'm like most people with straight hair that want curly just like the curly folk often want straight. I tried a short haircut once but I looked like a man in drag. My features are too sharp, sort of a sharp Indian nose, sharp jawline and chin and high cheek bones so it makes me feel more feminine with some soft long-ish layers for softness.

o
kinky hair

Agree about Hil's creepy I'm really a school girl who will make you beg look!

o

their hair pulled back sleek from their face, so easy and elegant

Years ago I vacationed with my 16 yo niece and her 17 yo friend, who both sported that lovely long, straight, sleek, oh-so-casually pulled into a ponytail style. I know it isn't always the case but oh my word did that easy style take a lot of work! Washing, products, blow drying, straightening, more products, combed, brushed, and finally secured with a no-pull, no tangle rubber band type thingie. I had naively thought they just pulled it back and threw on rubber band. I'm so out of touch.

So maybe many of those pretty, sleek styles are easy but now I suspect there's more fussing going on than you'd suspect.

o

thanks anele..just had it cut this AM ! I have it done every 3 weeks and have done so ever since 1979 ! had the same guy cut it for 27 years until he got sick and had to stop. Boy was I nervous when I went to this new gal. But we get on OK and she has gotten used to my hair over the years.

My hair is VERY coarse and thick thick thick...it seems to get thicker and grow faster every year so I am lucky. I also have my Mom's genes as far as color and it is holding true to hers so far. More and more white at the temples and streaks just where I want them. So I am a happy hair person. Always feel so light when I get it cut. c

o

I kind of kept ignoring this thread since it was old but it caught my attention right away. I decided my age old bob haircut wasn't doing anything for me at age 53. Everytime I kind of held the bottom up away from the lower half of my face I thought I looked much better. So I got it cut into a shorter layered cut - but not super short. So it's kind of puffy around the top but less so around the lower half.

As soon as I got it cut I got all kinds of compliments - from my male peers, male boss, female peers, etc. Some people said I looked 10 years younger (gad - what did I look like before).

I was afraid of dealing with the layered thing but I've gotten used to it now. Since my hair got gray (colored though) I have a lot of body and it's good to work with vs. the previous stick straight thing I had going.

o

Jterrilynn & Hhireno, that's how I wear my hair between May & September! Don't do a ponytail too often, but I put it up to beat the heat & humidity, & to keep it looking neat while I'm doing chores. I don't have bangs, so it's fairly "sleek" I guess!

Sometimes I do a low, near the nape of the neck knot, other times it's a higher up-do. Either way, it is a lot of work to get the hair wear I want it in the morning, but then...I don't think about it for a second the rest of the day! It doesn't get messed up when I'm doing house or yardwork. It's not disturbed by wind, heat or humidity!

So, the investment of time is worth it to me. I do realize it looks like I just pulled it up & stuck a couple of pins in it, end of story, LOL!

Nance, your new style sounds cute. I hope you like it!

o

Have noticed Hillary's long hair. I think it looks ridiculous, especially pulled back with a hairband sported at the SOTU. Really, I would think if anyone had money for sytlist, she does. That longer length hair together with the hair band, are much too young for a woman of her age. I am always asking myself - did you look in the mirror before you left the house?

o

right!

I like Pelosi's new, shorter do- very flattering. And I do like Sarah Palin's hair.

But Callista? OMG!

o

I don't like the way Sarah Palin has been wearing her hair really wavy poufy lately! Nancy Pelosi's hair always looks fantastic! She has a great stylist.

Callista's hair is remarkably perfect at all times. Makes you want to just want walk up to her & ruffle it up!

o

Oh dear, work, I wear my hair similar to Hillary's. Uhoh.

o

S-G,
I didn't mean to imply that I think it's too much trouble to achieve that look, to each their own. I was just surprised when I witnessed how many steps the girls where willing to perform to get that casual look.

I think that look is great and highlights shiny, healthy hair.

I could never do it because 1) I'm not willing to do what the young girls did (30+ minutes of primping), and more importantly, 2) I don't have long, sleek hair that would even begin to cooperate with that goal in mind. Today in the rainy weather I could almost hear my hair frizzing up. I do my best but it doesn't involve 30+ minutes of fussing with my hair just to have it betray me once I step outside.

o

Oh I hear, you, Hh! Just saying I agree...it's remarkable how much effort goes into these very simple looking styles that appear so, well, effortless! Maybe this summer I'll finally acquire a knack for it & my chignon won't require so much time!

Your young niece & her friend sound like lovely girls with gorgeous hair! I remember having to be yanked away from my curling iron at that age, "Your hair looks good enough," my eldest sister would scream from downstairs. "Let's go!" When you're a teen, it's all about the hair!

You're so funny,"...I could almost hear my hair frizzing up." How do you style your hair?

o

When I was first diagnosed with hypothyroidism I was going through some pretty serious hair loss. The top of my head was pretty sparse but I had the "see through" hair which I can't stand, so I lopped it all off super short. Best hair decision I've ever made! Now my hair is much fuller but I keep it really short because it's just super easy and it looks better on me than any other cut I've ever had.

Photobucket

o

oh...what a sweeeeet pic !!

o

Kelly you have that face I was talking about where you could even wear it slicked back...so lucky! You and Trail look great with short hair.

o

Kelley, you look wonderful!! I think you look like Rachael Ray.

o

Callista Gingrich has helmet hair! Yikes.

I really feel it depends on your face, head shape, etc. Short hair can be fabulous like Trailrunner and Kelly above, but a bad short haircut can be very unflattering.

My hair is chin-length bob right now. Trying to get it to shoulder length. Also trying to grow out bangs, but this is a mixed blessing because I think I have more forehead wrinkles now, so we'll see if I go back. I've also had supershort, but feel it looked better on me when I was younger.

o

golddust, I thought kelley looked like someone but couldn't put my finger on who- Rachael Ray is right!

I love the haircut and you look super cute, kelley.

I heard conan has a callista routine with wig and all.

Some of her facial expressions are, like her hair, frozen or something.

o

Jane, I did not mean to exclude you!

o

Callista - never paid much attention to her so I googled images of her. Oh my!!! It would be really tough to take looking at her for 4 years - or more.

o

I've never been compared to Rachel Ray but I'll take it! I even have a RR style wig that I wore on occasion when I was feeling self conscious about my thinning hair. What do you think?

Photobucket

o

You do look like her! The wig is very nice (and I'm glad your medical issues resolved so you don't have to wear one anymore) but I think the short hair really suits you- you look so nice.

o

I've always had longish hair. Right now it's below my chin. I cut it short once and didn't like it. I actually find that short hair is more difficult to manage for me. When it's long I can quickly pull it back into a pony tail. Short hair needs to be styled every day, at least mine did or it was as flat as a pancake. I am definitely in the "older" category.

I can't let it get too long, or I do get the dragged down effect.

I think Hillary looks much better with longer hair. Her face is so round that the short hair just emphasized that. The longer hair makes her face look less round. I was not a fan of the headband, though. She has always seemed to have a struggle with her hair.

Callista?? OMG. Looks like it wouldn't move in a hurricane.

Kelly you are lucky that you look good with both long and short hair.

o

I don't think you look like RR at all, Kelly! RR is a very cute person...I think of her as a human dumpling. You have much more refined, chiseled features, a more classic beauty.

While you look pretty & college-girlish with the wig, you look glamorous & sophisticated with the short do! Nice cut, & nice hair!

o

Has always amazed me how women are so quick to criticize other women. ;)

I agree that Kelly resembles RR. Both are very cute!

Stinky, a human dumpling? Did that come out of your mouth? ;)

o

Natal, I haven't heard a word of criticism on this thread...except for maybe the critique of Callista's do.

Yes, RR, does remind me of a dumpling...not a bad thing! She's very, very cute. Her picture is next to the word "cute" in the dictionary. I just think Kelly has an entirely different sort of beauty & appeal.

o
RE: Critique?

I almost forgot...I didn't exactly give five stars to Hil's new look, did I? Maybe I didn't feel I was being critical (though yes, I was) because I was thinking this is just a passing phase? Hillary has looked so fantastic over the years, more often than not. During her campaign, I often thought she looked just marvelous, from head to toe.

Maybe this is just easy right now & she doesn't have time to fuss with something more stylish. I feel the same way, & I'm not Secretary of State.

ONE day when I have a house that requires less yard work in the VA humidity, I'll reconsider my style too! Until then, I have to keep it simple...can't even do bangs, as they just stick to my forehead or fall in my eyes when I'm working outdoors in the heat. Yick.

o

Hillary: After seeing her on Monday I was SHOCKED! Why would a woman who has historically put time and effort into her looks let herself go now? Does she feel in this job it doesn't matter as much as when she was first lady or running for President? I don't know if it does or doesn't but she sure looks AWFUL IMHO and she has the money and people to help her!! I know growing older is no fun but she seems to have surrendered!!

o

I'm 55 and I used to wear my hair about mid neck but I have grown it to just above my shoulders. I get it trimmed every 8 weeks and it's resting slightly on my shoulders at trim time.

I personally don't care for long hair on most older women but it depends on the hair and the face. Some women can carry it off and on some it looks silly. I think gray hair looks better shoulder length or shorter.

Newt's wife's hair is not flattering at all. I was shocked that she was in her mid 40's, that hair style makes her look way older. She needs to go back to the color she had about 10 years ago, a darker blonde. And also soften the style.

o

Well, I had to Google Hillary Clinton hair to find out what all the brouhaha is about and I do agree. It needs to be shorter. Her hair is too fine to wear long unless she stays away from all humidity and with her lifestyle/job, no can do.

But, although I know she is older, I think the biggest difference is alas, weight. She would look a lot better if she were thinner.
But, the real issue is why anyone should care! Why aren't we discussing any famous men's hair? No, it's always the woman.
Their accomplishments will never make up for not being and remaining beautiful.

o

Why aren't we discussing any famous men's hair? No, it's always the woman. Their accomplishments will never make up for not being and remaining beautiful.

Sad, but very true!

o

here you go ....

Here is a link that might be useful: men's bad hair

o

kelly, you are adorable and can pull off either style!

o

I've been reading this thread avidly as I am an older woman ~gosh, it's kind of painful to even say that ~ and I do have long hair. I love mine, but don't do anything very creative or glamorous with it. I was (sadly) born without even a smidgen of talent when it comes to doing anything creative with hair. I wear it like this or pulled back in a high or low ponytail or, occasionally, in a bun.
I think that it really depends on your lifestyle and how you dress. What I mean is, I think I can pull off long hair because I don't try to dress like a twenty or thirty year old. If I did, I would look ridiculous, pitiful and probably older than I am. I also think it helps if your face is not extremely wrinkled. My best friend used to have long hair. Her face is pretty wrinkled and her long hair actually accentuated the wrinkles. She got her hair cut to chin length and now wears it in a sleek, classic style and she looks years younger.
Anyhoo, I've had short hair in my thirties. It looked good but it didn't look or feel like "me". This is me now and for better or worse, I'm keeping it . . . at least for a while longer. And, my DH thinks I look quite sexy (to him) so why mess with a good thing (LOL)?
Oh, BTW, I'll be 60 next month (that was VERY painful to say!).
Photobucket
Lynn

o

Respectfully, BB, the name of the thread is, "Do older women look better with short hair?" ( Although OT, I must say Trailrunner's link was absolutely hilarious!) So, the subject at hand is hair, women's hair, older women's hair, fwiw!

I'm really not following how a critique of Hillary's hair is proof positive that her accomplishments are less valuable or important than her hairstyle, in anyone's view. But we were talking about hair at the moment, not political prowess.

o

Stinky, that's how the thread started. When it was resurrected this week the tone changed with criticisms of Hillary, Callista, and RR.

o

Lynn, you look fabulous, and if that is what 60 looks like I look forward to reaching it in 5 years.

I have never had really long hair, always about shoulder length or shorter. In my mid thirties I had a really cute short cut, but with my wavy/frizzy hair it was hard to keep it looking good.

I've been growing my hair long (goal is to my bra in back - I have about 5 inches to go), because I'm thinking this will be the last chance in my life to have loooong hair.

My hair is wavy/curly/frizzy and I have quite a bit of it, so I need to get layers. I recently had bangs cut with layers around my face.

Here's a recent pic from my office Christmas party:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Lynn and Terriks, you both look great!

For those of you who dislike Hillary's do....

Here is a link that might be useful: Hillary's Hair: We Can't Help Ourselves

o

Terriks, it might not be your last chance to have long hair!

My tiny, Norwegian grandma had beautiful white hair down to her waist- I remember her brushing it. She wore it in two braids wrapped around her head, topped with a hairnet. :)

lynn and terriks, you are both great looking.

o

"She wore it in two braids wrapped around her head, topped with a hairnet. :)" Somehow Nance, I don't think that's the look Terriks is going for! (But I'm sure your grandma was a doll!)

Lynn you look lovely as always (I remember your photo from a previous thread.) You will surely look great in your 70's & beyond.

Terriks, you have great hair & I love the cut. I think that's the perfect length & an adorable style that flatters your face. It does look really thick. Do you color it?

Cut mine recently from "bra in the back" length to an inch past the curve of my shoulder. It's a nice change. Easier to wash!

o
RE: Hair?

Btw, I meant to say that I think both Lynn & Terriks look like they are in their 40's. Obviously, on some women, longer hair is not aging!

o

oh, stinky, she was a doll. She was the sweetest person ever, unlike me, natal- I probably started the hillary-hair etc bashing!

o

Nancy, doesn't matter who started it.

o

I really don't think this thread was meant any differently than the one recently with the clothing - which looked best. I think many of us here want to look our best, whatever the age. Yes, the question was asked about WOMEN. I saw Hillary on the news sometime in the last month and I immediately noticed how her hair looked. No, I noticed how her hair MADE HER LOOK. I honestly don't see how anyone would think her current style is flattering. Yes, I think she looks better with longer hair, but she has gone past the most flattering length for her. In years past there have been times her hair looked great! I think going a few inches shorter would greatly improve how it looks.

"Their accomplishments will never make up for not being and remaining beautiful." I don't think that remark is quite fair. We're not discussing accomplishments, we're discussing long hair on older women.

Kelly - your hair is cute! I like it shorter, but I do like the darker color in the other pic. Your skin is fantastic!!

Lynn - I would have never, ever guessed your age. Your hair is very flattering. I can see long, sexy side swept bangs on you too!

Terri - You also look great in longer hair! Love your bangs.

I really think it's all about finding what looks best on each of us. There's no one style that works for everyone.

tina

o
Secretary of State

First it was her pantsuits; now it's her hair. She's so much more than any of us could ever hope to be.

o

Nancy, I actually wore my hair like that when I was waitressing in my 20's.

I don't have much gray, but I do have my hair colored. My stylist does a base color and highlights.

o

Nance, I wouldn't call it "bashing" to simply note that you do not like the way someone wears their hair! You weren't commenting on her character or abilities. Weren't we talking about hairstyles that we find attractive or don't find attractive? If I don't like someone's hair, logic doesn't dictate that I also don't like, respect, or admire the person sporting the hair!

I've heard the slogan, Love me, Love my Cat. Haven't heard, Love me, Love my Hair! I think the two sentiments can be quite mutually exlusive, fortunately!

o
RE better ?

Exclusive, that is.

o

I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Hillary Clinton. IMO she's one very classy lady who, I'll bet, impresses (and scares) the heck out of most heads of state and polititians she deals with, and I mean that in the best way. I can imagine she shows them pretty quickly that y; she means business! As for her hair and clothes, I like her no matter how she styles her hair. I think this lady does her job and her country proud . . . and I'm a Republican!

Thanks for the comps, BTW. Although I'm blessed with great skin via both my parents (who still look pretty darn good in their mid-80's), my hands and neck are not so great. I can now understand why movie stars used to start wearing those weird scarves around their necks as they aged (LOL)!!!

o

This was at Thanksgiving this year...I was 61 Dec 6th.

Photobucket

this was on the coast during my cycling trip :

Photobucket

o

Nancy - don't worry about it. I can appreciate someone's opinion without thinking they are "bashing".

o
Let me clarify . . .

OMG, I hope that I didn't sound like I was chiding anyone or up on my soapbox re: HC. I took absolutely no offense at any of the comments here. I just really admire her and wanted to say so. I hope that this is how my comment came across. OK, now let's get back to long vs short hair on older gals, shall we???

o

Thanks, stinky. terriks, I'll bet that style was cute on you!

natal, "she's so much more than any of us could hope to be"- speaking for myself only, she is smarter than me, richer than me, more powerful, etc. But I wouldn't trade places with her for a second!

And I do admire her, very much. But I still don't like that hair on her!

o

And someone could say the same about you. Or anyone else who has posted on this thread. Only a few have been brave enough to share pics. So, let's keep this all in perspective. None of us are perfect ... even if some think they are. And I'm not talking about you, Nancy. ;)

o

This picture of me is four years old (more recent on other computer). Ok, I'm looking sweaty because I live in Florida and was doing yard work in the summer. See what a nightmare my hair is? Its straighter then a pin except those thinning areas near my temples & sides, that area goes wonky even with goo. So, I finally got my hair cut recently and I always tell the stylist over and over not to over layer the sides but she did anyway and it looks like someone took chunks out in the wispy area.
Natal, I think I was being critical...shouldn't have been so sorry. It speaks of my not liking my own image and crankiness at the moment. I have been working on sons house and I have paint in my nails or what is left of them. I need a pedicure and my hair is a mess. I should know better and feel bad about being so negative about Hil.

Trail you look great! I want a grand daughter! I am happy to wait though until my boys finish college.

o

Trail, I am not afraid of aging. I can see you aren't either. We are blessed in the way our family graciously shares themselves with us. Isn't life grand? Don't you love how our family loves us and wants to share new life?

We are blessed.

o

Lynn...you look wonderful !! Very elegant.

terriks, that is a great hair style and very flattering. Your hair color is so pretty.

jt: I think that is a cute picture !! I love the grumpy expression LOL ! I hope you will post the more recent photo too.And Thank You !! Just wish we were closer.

Gold...nope I am glad to be aging....the alternative is NOT good :) I loved the pics I recently saw on another thread...you were facing the other way...but it was a cute pic ! c

o

Trailrunner, you are stunning! Your grandson is outrageously cute!

Jterrilynn...go away, we don't need people like you around here! Seriously woman, if that's what you look like after doing yard work, what do you look like when you're cleaned up? Wish I looked like such a "nightmare" after I've been working outside! You have a beautiful face & I like the wisps of hair here & there...looks soft. You remind me of a Gibson girl.

Here I am two years ago (I'm 49 now) in the last pic taken of me w/bangs. Length now is 1.5-2" shorter, & pretty much all one length. It's not thick enough to layer. Most pics of me are group photos...sticky business to post. This is my most recent solo pic.
Photobucket

o

jterrilynn, I agree that if that you look great in that picture! I know that most of us would like to change something about our hair. Do you know how much time I spend to attempt to get my hair to be straight? Then if there is the slightest bit of humidity it just puffs up and does all kinds of crazy and not very flattering things.

The thought of a vacation in a tropical place fills me with excitement and dread, because I don't know what kind of challenges I will face with my hair. I can't just put it up in a ponytail, because the bangs just wig out!

o

Trail, whenever I see women with hair like yours, I get jealous. It is the perfect kind of hair to wear short and it still looks fashionable, not like an "I don't care, I just want easy hair" kind of short hair. Just the right amount of gray, too.

My hair is mostly straight but also goes kerflooey in humidity. No sooner is it blown dry than it starts to get weird curves in it.

o

SG: thank you ! I mostly just looked stunned :) But you ...you look like a college girl..and I mean that in the best way !! Wow....great looks and hair.

ded: you are too kind ! It is perfect for me, that's for sure. I haven't used a comb or brush since 1979 LOL. I just rub it with a towel and I am good to go. But if it gets to 5 weeks it really looks bad. It is actually 1/2 as long as it is in the grandmother pic right now....I just had it cut Thursday. c

o

Bunch of beautiful ladies!

Trailrunner - I aspire to be as healthy and vibrant as you!

o

You ladies are all so lovely! I am younger than all of you but I look older! Ugh to me! At least I'm finally using retinol.

o

trail, I love your hair. I had mine almost that short when I was younger and I really liked it. But now that it's longish I've gotten afraid to cut it. It makes a woman look like she has so much self-confidence.

jterri, you are too hard on yourself. You look like a young Jane Fonda!

stinky, you are soooo cute!! You have the kind of face that always looks young. You look so approachable and friendly.

o

Thanks ladies, I'm just really cranky latley. At least my labor today is going to be something fun. Got my Cutting Edge Stencil in the mail yesterday and I'm going to try to liven up sons thirty yr old kitchen on a dime. Off I go...

o

I wish I could wear my hair long, but it's not thick enough. My hair was much thicker before my mid-60's. I'd love to be able to wrap it up in a twist or a bun, but that's never gonna happen. So I keep it short and I color it to hide the fact that it's mostly gray.

I,too,think it's a matter of face shape, hair thickness and hair texture as to whether an older woman looks better with short hair or long. IMHO, I think a woman's style of dressing and make-up should compliment her hair style and vice versa.

Photobucket

o

thank you kelly ! you get that knee well !!

nancy thank you...looks can be deceiving LOL...wish I had more confidence...they say you should pretend and it will happen...so maybe I just need to pretend harder ! You ought to try again..as DH says..it's only hair and will grow again .

jt...you never hear the word cranky LOL...I just think you are the cutest in that pic.

mona...wow...you look wonderful ! before you reached your mid-60's ??? You look in your 40's easy. c

o

You look great too, mona! You have beautiful wide set eyes. Your hair is very flattering on you.

trail, I know I will cut my hair short again sometime.

And if anyone should have confidence, it's you. You have so many talents and are such a caring person. I guess it has a lot to do with the way we are raised.

o

What a generous and kind thing to say Nancy. I appreciate it. Thank you.c

o

Sure are a lotta gorgeous ladies on GW! Just goes to prove beauty is AGELESS! :)

o

I like all of the hair styles shown and it seems we've all selected styles that flatter our features, but I have to say that my favorite hair style is trailrunner's cut shown taken at Thanksgiving.

Oh, to have that much hair! (And you look great and very young as well.)

o

DAAAANnnnnnng...

I REALLY DO chat with BEAUTIFUL Women here!!!!

I'd sincerely be honored to be seen with ANY of you!
For once...I'm not kidding one bit!
You all look smashing with the hair you have.

Faron

o

Its fun looking at all the pictures, anyone else? Come on!
Mona, you have some serious chicky going on and Stinky you look as sweet as you sound. Terriks, you look very "cool" and Lynn, you look like one of those stylin ladies that get their homes featured in a magazine.

Ok now its Natal's turn. Natal I apologized for my behavior so you owe me a picture (not really owe but I want to know more of who you are)...come on.

o

thank you Mona !! I am so impressed with everyone's great eye for what looks good on them. We are definitely a "stylin" group :) c

o
club

Yep Trail, the "Stylin Club!

o

Here's a recent pic of me. I hope it shows the whole picture. My hair is just below my shoulders.

I need to add some highlights so I can get more of a lift up top. Hair is thick and fine at the same time.

Here's what freaked me out not long ago. I saw a woman with very long and BEAUTIFUL hair from behind. Great body, wearing jeans and a nice top. She looked very young. When she turned around she was full of wrinkles. I almost screamed she scared me so much! LOL.

Photobucket

o

Oakley, I love you dearly and think you are beautiful... but... I think there might be a better hairstyle for you. Now I'm not good with hair and never have been. Mine is wavy and thick and I never blow dry it. I have my haircutter cut it so it can do what it wants to, so take that into consideration when you read this. LOL!

That said, your haircut is leftover from our teen years. You could be stunning with the right haircut. Just don't ask me what that haircut is but I'll bet there are many people here who could help in that department.

I'm seeing you in a haircut somewhere between your chin and shoulder. A little layering around your face and your DH would have to beat the other men off with a stick.

Remember when Pesky cut off her hair? That was a major transformation. I'm predicting the same for you.

Remember. This is free advice and you get what you pay for.

o

Oakley, you look great. I always thought you seemed so warm and friendly, now that I see the warmth in your eyes and smile I know I was right.

o
OH Gawd

See? I told you, Oakley. You get what you pay for. When it comes to hair, I'd trust anyone before I trust myself. Seriously.

o

Thanks, Nancy! Gold, I've thought about layering but I'm a ponytail gal when I'm home. I hate hate hate having hair in my face!

Gold, YOU have longer hair and we're about the same age! lol

BTW, my hair now is about 1.5" shorter than in the picture.

I think I just need volume. I've had short hair only once in my life. Back when I was modeling in 8th grade I got a Twiggy haircut. LOL! I hated it. Short hair isn't me.

o

Well, based on your comment, "I hate hate hate having hair in my face!" you'll probably really hate this but I got a wild hair. Please forgive me!

Photobucket

o

Kelly, I LOVE your haircut. Love, love, love it!!! My hair is full and does what it wants. I could soo see Oakley with your haircut.

If you look at my 'Golddust Does San Francisco' thread, you will see that my hair isn't that long anymore.

o
My current haircut...

Please excuse the sunglasses. I had to do a 'Do-it-yourself picture and I can't see. My clear glasses are on order as I broke my other ones. LOL. I wear it the way it dries itself.

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Goldie your cut is very flattering. A new style/cut doesn't have to be short.

o

That's Meg Ryan's haircut I put on Oakley. Oakley said her hair is fine but thick which is like Meg Ryan's. If anything, the highlights look fantastic on Oakley.

o

Oakley, if you can figure out how to get more volume without cutting layers, pass the info on to me, please.

Wow! Kelly "gave you a new do" that took you from looking nice to Va Va Voom! I wouldn't mind buying a wig in that style and color. Kelly, is it a photo of a wig?

o

My DH has been telling me lately that my hair is too long for my age. I am 57. When I was younger I always wore my hair shorter. My sister thinks I should be coloring my hair as she says 57 is too young for all this grey! Everyone has their own opinion!

Photobucket

o

Oh, how funny. I'd be terrible at identifying someone in a line up. I did think that face looked like Oakley but didn't recognize it. Lol!
Great job, Kelly!

My hair was still damp in my photo. It gets bigger when it dries.

o

Roseabbey, I wouldn't change a thing. I think grey looks great on you with your perfect skin and I love the cut. If my hair weren't so fine, I would do that! Of course, you are way prettier than I, so it is really a moot point. ;)

o

LOL, Kelly! Now I really don't want short hair!

Roseabbey, I like your haircut, I think it's perfect. However, I do agree with your sister. What about a bunch of low-lights?

Mona, when I first wash my hair I have a lot of volume. It's the next day it goes flat.

I think I'm going to go back to using Prell Shampoo. Remember that from the old days? I used it a couple of years ago and I remember the volume it gave my hair but forgot to buy another bottle.

I also blow dry my hair upside down too. Hey, maybe we should get that Brazilian blow dry? lol

o

cyn427, you are too kind, thank you.

Oakley, I think I have too much grey to add lowlights. I really liked the shorter style that Kelly photoshopped on you!

o

Roseabby, you don't look much older than early 40's. And with your pretty face, you could shave your head and still look good.

I like the color of your hair, but I might try a more layered,shorter, spikier hairdo to go along with your very young look. But that's just MHO and remember I'm no expert.

o

Faron you are so right - everyone looks fabulous! Oakley you must get a version of that haircut and color!!! Kellyeng nailed it!

Roseabbey I am absolutely knocked out by your picture! You and I are the same age - I color my hair yet you look years younger, IMO. My hair is far more gray except at the very back and unless YOU hate the gray, DO NOT START COLORING just because your sister says to!!! Someday I will have to stop but will need to live in a cave to grow it out! Your cut to me reads as fun, casual and not too young or aging. It looks like you and I have similar thick hair, but mine is very curly/wavy unless I straighten with Keratin or fight it with blow dryer/flat iron. For that reason it's easier for me to have longer hair. I look like lil' orphan Annie otherwise :-/

My DH just walked by and I asked him to look at your picture - his comment..... "That's a stunning woman."

This is partially pulled back for hiking and I do the same thing for working out, gardening and projects so it's pulled back a lot! Seriously thinking of going back to layers and something shorter now.
Photobucket

A slightly older pic but you can see how curly I am naturally.
Photobucket

o

Mona, ....LOL, when I wore my hair short, it was layered and spikey which I thought was too young of a style for me so I grew it out to this style. I might have to go back!

dlm, You look great, love your hair. I have always loved curly hair, I used to get perms to have hair look like yours. You are very lucky.

I dont hate my grey color, just when my sister visits, she gets me thinking about coloring it but I know what a hassle it can be. I used to help my mom color hers every 6 weeks.

Did I mention that I love your DH!

o

Everyone looks FABULOUS!...so fun to see what everyone looks like, there have been other picture threads so I remember a few but it is fun to see new and more faces on this.

I would love long hair, used to have it but it is not to be for me anymore....it is just too much white, my dilemma is bangs or no bangs.....

Photobucket

Photobucket

58 for 3 more months..... the first one was in HA in Dec, the other was in Aug. You can see by the guys heads in the first picture why we don't talk about guy's hair anymore... ;-)

o

lv_r_golden, I love your cut and color. It looks platinum blonde to me and really highlights your beautiful blue eyes.

o
RE:re Do older women look better with short hair?

I recently happened upon Piers Morgan interviewing Jane Fonda. I don't normally watch his show, but I was very taken with Jane's hair style on the show. I thought that it was very flattering:

o

Wow, what gorgeous gw members!!! Lv r golden, you should be a model. You look fabulous with or w/out bangs but my vote would be for no bangs:)

Can anyone share w/me how to post pix?

o

Oakley, what happened to your blonde hair???

o

Great looking people we have here !!! it's always nice to match a face to a name.

o

Trailrunner, Jterrilynn, & Nance...thanks for the kind words!

Golddust, I love your haircut. It enhances your pretty, delicate, heart-shaped face & high cheekbones. Adorable!

Dlm, wow! You have great hair & look marvelous with it straight or curly! Nice to have options. I assume that's your DH & son? They are certainly handsome too! Beautiful family.

LvrGolden, Mona, & Rose...all beautiful ladies over 50 with great hair!

Oakley, I am dying to know what you think of your virtual hairstyling! I think Kelly found just the right do for you, and you know what? You really, really do look like Meg Ryan! You two have very similar features except that you are not scarecrow thin like she is (fortunately...'cause that's scary!) You would look great with layers around your face if you want to take baby steps toward shorter hair.

I'd be delighted to get free advice too, if anyone has any suggestions. All feedback is good feedback. It can be hard to know what hairstyle options to pursue as we find ourselves no longer 25!

o

Such beee-yoooo-teeee-ful women hang out here! Wow! I feel like the nerd in high school, privileged to hang out with "the beautiful people"! ;-D

Kinda funny to read my comments upthread when my hair was longer. I had it cut short a few months ago and am really loving it with less length now. My bangs have grown out since this pic was taken so that it's more of an all one length look around my face, but it's still a short, angled swing bob.

o

Oh, and I really do have lips. I'm not sure where they went when I smiled for the pic above. What a dork.

o

Stinky, you asked for advice but I'm not sure I'm the one to give it. However, I would change the color slightly, take a few inches off the length and grow the bangs longer with a part on the side. You have nice think hair it looks so you are very lucky.

o

Hillary au naturale.

Good for her!

Here is a link that might be useful: Clinton hits back at critics

o

Thanks for the Hillary update, Natal! (Sorry that big honking pic of me is above, LOL! For the record, my hair is about Hil's length now, no bangs.)

I think Hillary looks wonderful in those glasses! Tres chic!

Yes, I agree, I admire her attitude. I'd like to hear more from her about this "stage" of her life. She has a lot to offer other women.

Here are a couple more pics from the same shoot. I really like the black pantsuit she's wearing too.

Here is a link that might be useful: Great look for Hillary

o

I also like her glasses and admire the attitude although I don't see what's wrong with putting your best foot (face?) forward. Shorter hair (not short,short) would be more flattering. She DOES have on lipstick, and is groomed/dressed well.

Did you have bangs before Stinky? I can't tell from the photo.

tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: This thread has reached the upper limit for the number follow-ups allowed (150). If you would like to continue this discussion, please begin a new thread using the form on the main forum page.

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here