Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gw_oakley

February Getting to Know You

Oakley
12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating?

3. What are your plans this weekend?

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience?

5. Are you working on any little projects/crafts at the moment?

6. What is the color scheme of your kitchen?

7. As much as you love them, do your pets drive you insane at times?

8. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would they be?

9. Have you been, or are you going skiiing this winter?

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show. We won't tell. :)

Comments (45)

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Navy sweat pants, white sweat shirt, houseshoes. It's freezing here!

Yogurt for breakfast. Ham sandwich, diet orange Crush for lunch. Not sure about dinner...I may cook a pot of Cowboy Chili.

We're hoping to stay in. Even the weathermen are advising it. Therefore, I'll be in sweats and jammies all weekend!

I've had a couple. I became a believer when I thought someone was touching me but they weren't. It was my recently deceased father I believe.... since we were having his Will read at the time. :(

I'm starting ribbon and decorative tape crafts, along with decoupage. I'm getting Spring pots decorated first, along with little decorated apothecary jars. I'm also on a spray painting binge. Had to order spray paint (Krylon) from Hobby Lobby so I could get the colors I wanted.

White, red, yellow and vintage green. Light and dark green.

VERY much so, especially today. Which is why I asked the question! lol

Pale yellow and white.

No. I've never been snow skiing, but I always thought I'd be good at it since I can water ski.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show. We won't tell. :)

Oh Lordy. Beveryly Hills Housewives, Kim and Kourtney Take New York. I watch two reality shows but I'm open about them. Big Brother and Survivor.

• lynninnewmexico
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Khaki slacks with a black V-neck sweater, brown loafers

Breakfast: I made us fresh strawberry, banana & vanilla yogurt smoothies; Jimmy Dean Low Fat Breakfast Sandwiches (egg whites, multi-grain bagel, low fat turkey sausage and cheese), black coffee, fresh fruit

3. What are your plans this weekend? Pizza & DVD night tonight w DH & DD; tomorrow discuss plans for bedroom closet renos . . . the gal from California Closets was here today from 10-12 measuring and giving me ideas!

Good grief, yes! My house has been haunted and I've lived with ghosts here for 19+ years. The happy one was like my second mom. She showed up right after she died unexpectedly while our house was being built and stuck around daily until her DH, like my second dad, passed on about 7 years ago. Now both show up now and then, but not daily anymore. We've never seen either one of their spirits, but glasses move, water and lights turn on and off by themselves, and they physically bump us to make themselves known. Much more, too, but I don't want to make this too long.
    The other one, an older, not-so-happy Native American man has been seen by several people over the years. We actually had to have a very well-known (and used) group of "ghost-hunters" come out here and get this ghost to move on. He scared the heck out of a few people walking through the bedroom part of the house or standing brooding in the corner of a room at night. I never saw him myself, but I've been told that I attract ghosts, for some reason.
    I'm very glad the Indian has finally moved on. That one made me nervous!

Planning multiple closet renos

Creamy white with medium-dark knotty cherry cabs; accent colors are red, green and yellow.

Not the Tibetan Spaniel, she's a little sweetheart. The dobie, though he's a sweetheart too, sometimes drives us all nuts as he drools and then shakes his head . . . gross!

White & Soft Green

9. Have you been, or are you going skiing this winter?
    Heading to Taos later this month

* Divine Design
      * Psych (so funny . . . love it!)
      * Alcatraz (new show on tv this season)
      * I'm a news junkie; I love watching the local and national news, especially Brian Williams at 5:30PM here for the national news
      Lynn
  • JennaVaNowSC
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Black capri exercise pants, t shirt, no shoes
    baked apple, breakfast, cooked veggies lunch, salad and pork chop for dinner
    depends on the weather

Yes and Yes

Working on changing upstairs den into guest room, painting next week, then laminate flooring. Tore the carpet out last June. Had a hard time making my mind up about paint color
    LA Gold walls, cherry cabinets, sagey green floral valances at windows. Use some other colors in accessories --deep rose, bronze

Yes! especially when they walk past DH who is closest to the door, and ask me to let them out. :)

well, right now it is LA Olives and LA Golds , getting tired of it, but have dark stained trim... hard to decide..

No, no winter sports for this couch tater

Dr Oz, NCIS (both), CSI NY, some of the new shows....GIfted Man, sometimes Hoarders (it is one of those "can't take your eyes off the train wreck" kind of thing.
  • 3katz4me
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Jeans, a gray sweatshirt and crocs

multigrain cheerios with blueberries and milk, chicken tortilla soup, an orange, a glass of skim milk

getting together with some old college friends and heading to the city of our alma mater to hear a friend play in her all girl rock/blues band

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience? no

no unless you consider painting a bedroom a little project - it's a work in progress that I'll be getting back to next weekend

ivory, tan, dark brown, terra cotta

not really - they require a lot of special effort when they're old though

blue, beige

9. Have you been, or are you going skiiing this winter? no

The Good Wife, House Hunters International - about the only things I watch on TV (other than the news and Netflix movies)
  • mitchdesj
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    skinny blue jeans, black socks, long grey tshirt

one piece of toast, lunch was falafell and coleslaw, one granola dipp bar,
    dinner is take out roast beef and vegetable dinner, warmed up.
    I've lost my cooking mojo but intend to regain it back soon.......

DH has lots of reading for an upcoming board, and we've just arrived in Calgary so I want to hit the gym twice and we'll eat out both nights.

I believe in them but have never experienced anything

never, I'm not crafty but I am always backed up in paperwork and files so that's my go to activity

the kitchen I am leaving in Montreal is grey and white and gorgeous; my Florida kitchen is grey and white and gorgeous, my new to me kitchen in Calgary is brown, all wood , with a brownish speckled granite,
    it's very "not me" but the design is good, we might paint the island black to add interest, appliances are stainless, thank god.

n/a

white and grey

no, I stopped skiing
    20 years ago. I was never a good skier so I put an end to it.

the list is long, I'm obsessed with all the Fashion shows, ( fashion hunters, the fashion show season 1 and 2, Brad World, Rachel Zoe) the wedding gown shows ( Amsale Girls is the best one), Pretty Little Liars, the Middle, some Housewives ( the HW of OC just started a new season) I download on ITunes , which helps pass the time in airports and flights and also mornings when I'm up at 4.

• sable_ca
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Lavender jammies and a plaid robe and pink sandals.

2. What have you eaten today? 1/4 of a BLT, left over from DH's lunch yesterday. Always coffee. Don't know about this evening, probably take-out.

3. What are your plans this weekend? DH will do grocery-shopping tomorrow. I am taking things easy, had a colonoscopy yesterday and my insides have not yet resumed working normally. (Got a clean bill of health, doc wants another one in ten years!) This evening DH and I are signing off and paying in full for our "funeral" arrangements. I put "funeral" in quotes because there won't be a funeral, just a simple cremation and no service. Our "urns" are 100% green and biodegradible when placed in water (a PacNW river). Our children know about this and have agreed. Of course they frowned and said "we don't want to talk about this", but they did agree. We are very, very happy to have our plans complete - nothing unpleasant for the surviving spouse and offspring to worry about, no hasty decisions to be made. I hope this isn't TMI! The question was asked!

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

5. Are you working on any little projects/crafts at the moment? There are three walls in our home that need picture collections hung gallery-style, so am working on that.

6. What is the color scheme of your kitchen? Very very soft terra cotta walls and tile counters, accents in lemon yellow, pear green, and lavender.

7. As much as you love them, do your pets drive you insane at times? No. We have two beautifully-behaved, adorable, affectionate kitties. We are pitiful in our love for them. Aside from our children and DGS, they are the loves of our lives.

8. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would they be? White and tan.

9. Have you been, or are you going skiing this winter? No! I broke my leg last summer and am still shaky when descending stairs. No skis, not ever.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures.

Don't we get to list the TV we watch proudly? Oh well...

a. Dancing With The Stars. Can't help it, must watch, but turn off the sound if there's no dancing.

b. Project Runway.

c. About a year ago, Austin Scarlett, of Project Runway fame, had a cute little show with another designer. They would go somewhere in flyover country, from Virginia to Wyoming, and make a beautiful dress for a woman who was having a special occasion, but who didn't have the money, means, or access to good clothes. It was sort of hokey but I loved it! My favorite was an older woman who had lived her entire life in flannel shirts and dungarees and was being honored for her serious work in animal rescue. This show in general had melt-my-heart moments.

• IdaClaire
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    This ... with denim leggings and tall brown high-heeled boots.

I'm not sure I want be honest on this one. OK - I had oatmeal and raisins with my morning coffee, cheese crackers as a mid-morning snack, cheese enchiladas and tortilla chips for lunch, followed by Greek yogurt and a bag of jalapeno kettle chips. No wonder I feel bloated and disgusting.

Maybe do a bit of shopping tomorrow, go to church Sunday morning, and probably just piddle around the house. Supposed to be cold, so doubt we'll feel like getting out much.

Yes, I believe there is an unseen world, and souls live on beyond the body. Beyond hearing strange, unexplained noises and having that sensation that there is a presence in the room, I have not had a ghostly experience - and I can't say for sure that what I did experience was anything beyond my own imagination.

I have half a kitchen that needs to be painted. The paint cans, tray, roller and brushes are all sitting out, just taunting me - but for some reason, I just lack the motivation to finish the job.

A soft, vintage green on the walls, red cabinets and woodwork, black sink with white subway tile bordered in black, Mexican Saltillo tile floor, and touches of gold/yellow here and there in the curtains, lampshades on chandelier, etc.

Oh Lord yes.

Soft green and rich red.

Nope.

Lately I've been watching Mistresses and An Idiot Abroad: The Bucket List.
  • natal
    12 years ago

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? Cooking dinner now ... butternut squash bisque with fresh ginger and curry and salad with fresh garden greens with a homemade citrus dressing

3. What are your plans this weekend? Finishing the brick walkway in the back yard that dh worked on all week.

7. As much as you love them, do your pets drive you insane at times? No, but having a new kitten in the house is full of fun and occasionally trying times.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures.

Not sure what a guilty pleasure is ... maybe Watch What's Live and Dancing With the Stars? Oh, and Bethanny. There's another thread about worthwhile TV. If I'm spending the time watching TV it's worthwhile to me. ;)

Faves are 60 Minutes, The Good Wife, Glee, Modern Family, CSI (Las Vegas), Person of Interest, and The Mentalist.

Lynn, I watched the first episode of Alcatraz. I liked it, but wondered if subsequent episodes would have the same plot line. I haven't seen it since.

• neetsiepie
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Still wearing the ethnic print T I wore to work, but took off the horrible fitting new jeans (that's what I get for buying without trying) in favor of some comfy jersy shorts, and my socks.

Not a good food day- croissant & coffee for breakfast, chicken salad on 12 grain & Diet Pepsi for lunch, greek yogurt for afternoon snack & a piece of left over chicken breast with marinara sauce & a big bowl of nuked veggies with a diet pepsi for dinner. I'm stuffed!

Going to pick up some end tables from CL in another town. I go there for work a lot, but never get to stop into the cute stores I see, so this will be an excuse to hit them up, too. Then might do some yard work, but probably will work on another project instead. Sunday going scrapping with my friend.

Oh yes, mulitple encounters

More than a few! I'm working on reupholstering a chair, and I'm going to make the tables I'm picking up into dog beds (thanks Pinterest!!) and I also plan to scan a lot of photos so I can start scrapping them.

Walls and most cabs are a glazed cream, counters & appliances are black, backsplash & adjoining dining area are a deep red, and one wall of cabs is espresso.

Are you kidding me? Right now I have a cat sitting on the top of the chair above my head, another crowding my lap. One is stalking the dogs and the fourth is hiding in wait for me to go into the bathroom. Two dogs are playing tug of war, another is guarding her spot from them and a fourth is staring at me, drooling.

Hmmmm....Orange and black.

Nope. Not a fan.

Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and Jerseylicious.
  • sis3
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Beige shorts, white tee, bare feet

Home made muesli with almond milk; watercress salad for lunch with walnuts, pears and a little roquefort; Goan fish curry and rice and a yummy Meyer lemon dessert.

Guests arriving from UK for 10 days tomorrow so a lot of eating, drinking and laughing!

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?
    No!

Smallest project at the moment is new pillows for library.

Dark cherry cabs, white granite, very light stone tiled floor, neutral walls, accents are aqua and coral red.

No pets at the moment.

Too difficult! I can't imagine being limited to just two. Aqua would probably be one and ivory/soft white would be another.

Unfortunately no! DH has knee injury. Will go as soon as he is able.

I watch very little TV apart from news but my guilty pleasure is Biggest Loser!
  • jterrilynn
    12 years ago

1. Wearing- Workout shorts with paint on them and a tee.

2. Food- For breakfast, spinach, portabella, small amount of sausage,onion and egg omelet. For lunch I had the leftovers on health nut bread. Dinner at the Asian buffet that's near son's house.

3. Plans- No plans, continued work on son's townhouse.

4. Spirits/ghosts- Yes and yes.

5. Projects /crafts- In my free time I'm refinishing a CL butcher block table for son and fabric painting pillows.

6. Color- Yellow, cordovan sable, red-ish oranges are

the main.

7. Pets- Only when husband come home and we are trying to relax and they bug him for things, they have him trained.

8. Fav 2 colors- Yellow and it would be hard to pick
    another because I love all colors except green. Green I only like.

9. Skiing- No not skiing, I'll be lucky if my back holds out through the remodel.

1. TV- I don't have a favorite show I usually only watch the news in the morning and at night while husband is channel surfing I'm on my laptop but I do get glimpses of pawn shops shows , people buying storage lockers and Pickers (I like that one). I used to like decorating shows but there are no good ones anymore.
  • Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Around the house clothes- clothes that were once "nice' but have been down graded.

Too much to list but dinner was seared Ahi tuna, pasta w/asiago, fresh roasted red peppers, grilled asparagus and wilted garlic spinach. We will eat the leftovers tomorrow.

Clean, always, finish staining the decks, nothing overly special although we may go out to lunch Sunday.

Yes and No.

My whole life is a project. My landscaping projects never end.

Primary colors or to be more sophisticated, French country.

Never. They are old and I treasure every minute with them.

Green and blue. White is not a color, btw.

Water skiing? No, I don't ski. Tubing, yes.

Audio Visions. We listen to it all the time. Most rock music noise annoys me although I like certain songs. Love Rolling In the Deep, The Cave.

Sometimes I adore the music from certain movies and listen to it over and over. Public Enemies, loved the Otis Taylor music.

As far as shows, I mostly watch movies (or Netflix). I can't recall a regular show I've watched (ok, that most of you would know of. I watch Manna-Fest all the time and Jentezen Franklin, whom I have no guilt over) I get news from the internet.

• jterrilynn
    12 years ago

1. Wearing- Workout shorts with paint on them and a tee.

2. Food- For breakfast, spinach, portabella, small amount of sausage,onion and egg omelet. For lunch I had the leftovers on health nut bread. Dinner at the Asian buffet that's near son's house.

3. Plans- No plans, continued work on son's townhouse.

4. Spirits/ghosts- Yes and yes.

5. Projects /crafts- In my free time I'm refinishing a CL butcher block table for son and fabric painting pillows.

6. Color- Yellow, cordovan sable, red-ish oranges are

the main.

7. Pets- Only when husband come home and we are trying to relax and they bug him for things, they have him trained.

8. Fav 2 colors- Yellow and it would be hard to pick
    another because I love all colors except green. Green I only like.

9. Skiing- No not skiing, I'll be lucky if my back holds out through the remodel.

1. TV- I don't have a favorite show I usually only watch the news in the morning and at night while husband is channel surfing I'm on my laptop but I do get glimpses of pawn shops shows , people buying storage lockers and Pickers (I like that one). I used to like decorating shows but there are no good ones anymore.
  • Delilah66
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Still in PJs drinking cappuccino and heading for 2nd one.

Baked egg on rosemary olive oil bread with mozzarella/prosciutto and sliced olives for breakfast. Dinner will be jambalaya. In between????

Finish sanding wall around new concealed medicine cabinet I made :) Housework. Sunday dinner with friends.

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience? Dunno...

Finishing concealed medicine cabinet. Changing curtains in LR (have new rod but had to return 2 of 6 curtain panels to be remade). Painting a graphic tryptic to hang in the open space above the fridge.

White cabinets; tan Duraceramic floors; Santa Cecelia counters/BS; light gold walls. Window treatments still have to be selected...

See separate post on my spraying kitty.

A variant of green (from chartreuse to aqua) and a variant of tan or gold.

No cold weather sports for me!

American Idol after all the auditions. Shameless (it's like a train wreck you can't help but stare at). Say Yes to the Dress (I had NO interest in planning my own wedding but I loooove looking at the dresses!).

• hhireno
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    jeans, tee shirt, button front sweater, boots

tea, Greek yogurt, homemade granola, blueberries. It's great I saw this question in the morning and didn't have to admit to my whole day of eating.

Nothing special.

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience? No

I'm working on multiple craft projects for my women's club contest. I made: two scrapbook pages with a patriotic theme, two 3-strand beaded bracelets, a decorated picture frame, and a birthday card. I've never done any of these things before and it shows. The frame and scrapbook pages have potential to be winners.
    The scrapbook pages feature my grandfathers in their WW1 uniforms. I think the pages look pretty good but I don't know how they are judged. The frame is a black frame with foreign coins glued to it and the picture is of Venice. I hope it looks better than that sounds. I carefully picked coins with interesting shapes, types of metals, and images.

Is messy a color?

No pets. My husband sometimes drives me insane.

Hmmm, tough question. Vanilla Bean and green, maybe?

No, I never enjoyed skiing since it takes place outside in the snow. My brother & nephew skied inside a mall in the United Arab Emirates. I would be willing to try that but since I have no plans to ever visit the UAE it doesn't seem likely to happen.

I guess it's watching The Daily Show and The Colbert Report in the morning after I get home from the gym. It's not guilt as in "I shouldn't be watching this drivel" but it does delay my getting ready process.
  • les917
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Jeans, old favorite crewneck green sweater, gym shoes.

Had a little leftover tuna salad open face on a low-carb tortilla, with a bit of cheese sprinkled on top, browned in the toaster oven on broil. Coffee.

Work on the third bedroom project, look for a new purse, cut my hair.

Not sure what I think. I am an atheist, so no 'heaven/hell' approach, but I guess I have heard or read things that make me wonder about the spirit plane of existence.

Bedroom project mentioned above. Older DS moved to KC last summer, turning his room into more of a guestroom, my getaway room, in 'design on a dime' fashion. LOL

Um, no real color scheme. Mostly almond/beige in flooring, backsplash, counters, wall color. Black appliances and accents, old oak cabinets.

Kassi the dog is a dear, but there are moments....

Shades of greens (more in the olive, moss tones) and probably warm beiges, creams. Third color would be black.

Haven't skied since I did it a few times in the early 80's. Not a fan, especially since it involves cold weather, ice and snow.

No guilty pleasures - nothing on TV that is a 'can't miss' for me. I do watch "the Good Wife", "Hot in Cleveland" and things on HGTV and Food Network, sometimes TV Land or Nick at Night. Have been watching DVDs of "The West Wing" with younger DS over the last couple of months - really enjoying that.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Grey yoga capris, red t-shirt, grey cardigan & slippers.

Coffee, banana & almonds so far. I think I feel like snacking throughout the day so it will probably be pretzels, cheese, apple, celery & carrot sticks, cottage cheese, etc. For dinner I'm grilling bison burgers.

Didn't get home last night until 4am and I need to sleep some more. I really want to just veg but today is shaping up to be a beautiful sunny, crisp day so we will probably get some yard work done. Tomorrow - who knows?

No. I'm an atheist and as such don't believe in the supernatural.

Gearing up to finish the garage with shelves, cabinets, trim, paint & floor epoxy.

I guess I really don't have one. Earth tones if I had to pick.

Mostly no. However, my boxer, Tommy, has gotten into the habit of wining when he wants me to go lay down in bed with him. Really hard to do in the middle of the day when I'm working!

I guess cream and sage green.

I've never been skiing but really want to.

I love watching that totally stupid show, "Once Upon A Time." It was made by the creators of Lost (which I really loved) so I started watching and now I can't stop. It's so silly and makes no sense but I like it for some reason.
  • natal
    12 years ago

Kelly, I learned something new ... didn't realize atheism meant no spirits too. Thought it was just a religious thing.

I loved LOST too, but gave up on Once Upon A Time after the second or third episode.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

Natal, Atheism refers to one's lack of belief in gods, so technically an atheist can believe in the supernatural. However, most arrived at atheism through skepticism, and free/critical thinking so a ghost-believing atheist seems kind of odd.

• Oakley
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Bumble, while black and white aren't colors, in the decorating world they are.

• tinam61
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Grey yoga pants and a black tee

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? toast from homemade sourdough bread, some leftover pasta/sauce for lunch. Taco soup tonight (hubby's request).

3. What are your plans this weekend? Friday (hubby works 4 10's and I'm off on Fridays so this give us long weekends) we ran around, took two pieces to the upholsterer, ate out - late lunch/early dinner, visited with friends. Slept in this morning. Have piddled around the house most of the day. Running to the store and then staying in this evening. Church tomorrow and we will eat out - either on our own or with friends. Hopefully a relaxing afternoon tomorrow. May recover the cushion on the chest at the end of our bed. Hubby picked up supplies for that today.

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience? yes

5. Are you working on any little projects/crafts at the moment? Always!

6. What is the color scheme of your kitchen? pale walls with kind of a golden glow - I like to call the color candlelight. Accents of reds and blues mostly -deep tones.

7. As much as you love them, do your pets drive you insane at times? No.

8. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would they be? I have almost always had some shade of aqua in our home, usually blue too.

9. Have you been, or are you going skiiing this winter? no, I think our slopes are operating on manmade snow - no snow here - yet.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show. We won't tell. :) I do like Revenge and did catch it this week after missing the last 3 episodes. Usually something else I would rather do.

tina

• mpmg46
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing? Jammies. :)

2. What have you eaten today or plan on eating? scrambled eggs/toast; leftover won-ton soup; pork chops/asparagus/rice; brownie

3. What are your plans this weekend? Went out last night with friends, stayed home today to work on kitchen remodel plans, church in the morning, skiing in the afternoon.

4. Do you believe in spirits/ghosts? Have you had a spirit/ghostly experience? I try not to think about it. We live near a big Civil War Battlefield, so there's a lot of talk about them here, but it freaks me out, so I choose to say no!

5. Are you working on any little projects/crafts at the moment? Little-wall arrangement in family room, kitchen reno in progress--not so little!

6. What is the color scheme of your kitchen? Our plans are for a white kitchen. Accents-not sure yet. tans/light blues maybe?

7. As much as you love them, do your pets drive you insane at times? We have the sweetest little dog. But he has his moments--like a few weeks ago when he got into my work bag for the first time ever, and ate 2 portable applesauces and a granola bar!

8. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would they be? light tan/light blue

9. Have you been, or are you going skiiing this winter? Yes, and yes. We go twice a week during Jan/Feb and the first part of March until they close! Love it--lots of family fun!

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show. We won't tell. :) Grey's Anatomy, Modern Family (hilarious!), The Middle, The Biggest Loser, and sadly, The Bachelor (mostly b/c it makes me laugh)...
  • Bethpen
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Jeans and a white Gap long-sleeved Tshirt.

A banana, chobani yogurt, asian chicken salad at a weird little restaurant we went to, and "Farty Pasta" a roasted garlic, tomato and asparagus pasta dish my niece asked for. She's been sick so she got her choice of dinner tonight. We also made little chocolate cups with chocolate mousse in them. I tested too much so didn't have my portion. :) I've been SUPER strict with Weight Watchers this week, tonight is a mess. Ooops.

We are at our condo in NH. Only DH skied this morning. DS has a concussion and everyone else was too tired. Tomorrow is supposed to be super cold, but I may go snowshoeing. (I don't ski) We are here every weekend with my sister and her family. We have a lot of fun, and it has been great for the kids.

YES and Yes.

I have a few. Working on teaching myself to knit. I keep getting to points where I mess up and then I have to stop. I need a guru.

I have dark cherry cabinets, with orange, green, and brown accents

Yes, Oscar the Frenchie when he is being indifferent, and Olive the cat when she bites us.

Blue and Black

I sure won't ski, but I'll be in the neighborhood!

Tosh.O and UFC. (I live with a fifteen year old boy)

Beth P.

• sheesh
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Black slacks, a turquoise and black t-neck, and black cardigan

A delicious pan-seared steak, and green salad with avocado, tomatoes, onion and kalamata olives.

1. What are your plans this weekend?
      Reading, and sewing a girly dress for my 4yo gdtr.

I do not believe in them, but I "saw" and "heard" my dad call my name years after he died. It was a wonderful, warm, experience

I am always, well, almost always sewing something.

Yellow and white, with deep red wallpaper. I love it!

They did from time to time, and now that they are gone I miss them. But I do not not not want another one!

8. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would
    they be?
    Hmmm. Couldn't possibly choose two.

1. Have you been, or are you going skiiing this winter? Yes, but not in years, and won't again. Probably.

2. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show. We won't tell. :)
      Three's Company reruns in the middle of the night!

• patty_cakes
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Cream/gray/pink leopard print flannel pj's, boot-type pink slippers w/socks.

Shredded wheat(breakfast), pesto pasta salad/quiche Florentine(dinner/LaMadeline).

Paint furniture for my space at the antique mall.

Definitely and yes.

Just stuff for my space for Valentine's Day.

Off-white/black/antique gold.

Never! They make excellent company and good, quiet bed partners. LOL

I'm using them~~off-white/black.

No!!!!

ALL the housewife shows/The Bachelor/The Kardashians/Storage Wars/Hoarders because it's soooooo unbelieveable!
  • gsciencechick
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Red flannel pajamas with cats on them

Drinking my coffee. We will have breakfast of eggs and english muffins.

I spent Thurs-Sat at a regional conference. I drove about 5.5 hours and took students. Now I must do my work for the week since that doesn't go away!

No, there is no such thing as ghosts. Parapsychology and cryptozoology are not academic disciplines for a reason.

No, I am too busy with work.

Blue and white.

Yes, our large cat cries at night.

Love our Halcyon green walls and probably white.

Don't ski, despite growing up in Buffalo. We have barely had any snow in the mountains near where I live now.

Dancing with the Stars
      anything Anthony Bourdain
      The Middle
      Modern Family
      Current TV
  • demifloyd
    12 years ago

However, most arrived at atheism through skepticism, and free/critical thinking so a ghost-believing atheist seems kind of odd.

For the record, I am a Christian that arrived at Christianity through free and critical thinking, too!

• sheesh
    12 years ago

For the record, I am another atheist who arrived at atheism through free and critical thinking.

• kellyeng
    12 years ago

For the record, I am a Christian that arrived at Christianity through free and critical thinking, too!

Demi, I did not imply otherwise.

• rosesstink
    12 years ago

No, you didn't Kelly.

Wearing: Jeans, black fleece top, moccasins

Food: bagel & coffee, mushroom & fontina quiche with a green salad later

Weekend plans: Nothing much. Cleaning the house. Have to write a yearly review for an employee. Probably should start that!

Spirits/ghosts: No.

Projects/crafts: Only in my mind.

Kitchen color scheme: Harvest gold (I kid you not) and dark green.

Two colors: Green (About the only greens I don't like are the lime sorts) and navy blue

Guilty pleasure shows: Project Runway - DH calls it Runway Carnage. Real Houswives of Atlanta.

• Irish2
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    black slacks w/beige v neck cashmere sweater

Luna bar w/a hot non fat latte
    grilled salmon,broccolini & salad for dinner

shred documents and organize desk ...dinner / movie

yes and no

no

manchester tan/black/white trim

My "boys" are now gone and we miss them terribly.The golden shed profusely which was detrimental to my black clothing,but I'd trade hairy clothes for my "Yanni" in a
    heartbeat!

1. If you had only 2 colors to use inside your house, what would they be?
      black/tan

No. I live in New England and have skied.

Biggest Loser, DWTS,Housewives of Atlanta, House,NCIS,
      American Idol,Food Network TV,Bachelor,Amazing Race,Apprentice etc.
  • judiegal6
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Black yoga pants and purple tee

egg and english muffin
    left over meatloaf sandwich
    Stir Fry, chicken with peppers, onions rice pilaf

Cuddled with new Grandson (5 days old)
    Went to a wedding shower on Sat.

Sort of

Big projects, 3 houses!

Green and Limestone.

No pets at the moment

Pale blue green and dark blue green

Last time I was 34 years ago (honeymoon)

Grays Anatomy, Private Practice, Modern Family and the Middle
  • funnygirl
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Blue jean jeggings, top, scarf, and my Uggs 'cuz it's cold here!

Egg omelet w/veggies, one slice of sweet bread, tea, a Healthy Choice frozen meal, salad, and two biscotti w/a cup of hot chocolate.

Weekend is over now but we went skiing Friday and Sat. Today I took DD to the airport for her return flight home, got caught up on email and blogs, DH and I took the dog for his walk, did laundry and worked out on the t/mill.

Not sure/no

Yes.

Cream perimeter cabinets, dark island, cream beadboard b/splash, granite w/cream, black, dark gold. Very little wall space but it's a soft muted gold.

Not really. Dog prefers to be outside and is a real low maintenance, low key fellow. The "kitty" (15 y.o.) is my little indoor bud and makes us laugh.

Cream and red.

We try and go every couple of weeks.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one show.

Grey's Anatomy and RHBeverly Hills. I don't dare watch any of the other RH's or I'll get hooked just as I got hooked on RHBH after one episode "just to see the houses":)

• natal
    12 years ago

I'm surprised so many of you like The Middle. Loved Patricia Heaton in Everybody Loves Raymond, but the comedy in The Middle seems to escape me. I like the Brick character, but find the others irritating.

• redbazel
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Jeans and a black & gray shirt

Half an English muffin. Greek yogurt with honey. Pasta with marinara sauce & spinich. Coffee. I plan to have some wine in a moment...

Weekend mostly gone. I cleaned all my floors and my bathrooms. I knocked on some doors and ignored some No Soliciting signs. I spent some nice time with husband, daughter, and son in law. Planned some redecorating.

I do not believe in ghosts. I do believe in spirits. I have reason to.

I have fabric to make some beautiful bedroom drapes. I don't seem to have the time or the get-up-and-go to get it done.

Walls are gray, appliances are stainless and black. I have accents of brown and red.

Not really. I only have one doxie left and I guess I baby him.

What a mean question! Only two? Well, I guess a soft gray and cream.

Nope.

Well, if you Really won't tell....I watch Glee when DH is out at night. I love Revenge.

Red

• PRO
    Diane Smith at Walter E. Smithe Furniture
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Gray slacks, black tank and black cardigan

So far an egg and some celery. Have my usual salad, pb sandwich and iced coffee waiting for me for lunch. Tonight we are having spinach bisque for dinner.

We work weekends so work and relax together at night.

Yes. I'm agnostic but have always been fascinated with creepy/occult stuff since I was little. I think I may dig out my tarot cards tonight and do a little prognosticating! lol!

Always. Right now my focus is my office/dressing room. It needs some major organization and decluttering.

Cream/olive/black

We have three cats and they are sweethearts, so no.

Greens and black

9. Have you been, or are you going skiing this winter?
    no

American Horror Story, Live with Kelly!

*Love that tunic aj!

• natal
    12 years ago

Deedee, do you have a recipe you could share for that spinach bisque?

I enjoyed American Horror Story too. Heard Jessica Lange will be back for season 2 as a new character.

• PRO
    12 years ago

I'll get the spinach bisque recipe to you when I get home tonight natal.

Don't say another word about the plot to AHS please!!! I am catching up on the episodes via the internet. Jessica Lang is soooo bad you gotta love her.

• golddust
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?

Boots, tucked in jeans and a tunic.

Eggs and a piece of toast for breakfast.

No idea.

No.

Oh yes. Shower room and stair chair lift. Getting a rollator for MIL and making dinner for Birthday celebration for BIL, Bill.

Silver sage, white.

OMG, yes. One word. Jack. He is getting better.

Silver sage and white. Looks good with everything.

No. Don't ski.

American Idol, Parenthood and a few cooking shows.

• Sueb20
    12 years ago

1. Sweatpants and fleece top. Just recovering from a stomach bug. Um, not that I wouldn't be wearing this outfit on any ordinary winter day.

2. See stomach bug above. Mostly crackers, ginger ale, tea, some noodle soup, that's about it.

3. ARUBA!

4. I think so, but no personal experience.

5. A couple of unfinished knitting projects (both scarves).

6. Green, cream, earth tones, a bit of red.

7. Oh, sure. We have three. When one barks, they all follow suit, even if they have no idea why they're barking. And one likes to eat sticks outside and then barf them up inside.

8. This is way too hard. I like too many colors!

9. Haven't been downhill skiing in years, but discovered x-country skiing a few years ago and loved it. Not enough snow to go this year, though!

1. American Idol, The Bachelor, House Hunters. I save up House Hunters episodes on the DVR and watch them at times like this last weekend when I was sick. My 11 yo DD likes to watch it with me too.
  • PRO
    12 years ago

A quick interruption for this recipe for natal....

Jen Wardell's low-carb Spinach Bisque Soup

2 T finely diced onion
    1 T butter
    1 10oz pkg frozen spinach
    1 3/4 cups chicken broth
    1 cup 1/2 and 1/2
    1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
    4oz cream cheese cubed
    1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
    salt and pepper to taste

In a skillet, brown onion in butter. In a large saucepan, start the frozen spinach simmering in broth. Add browned onion to broth. When spinach is cooked (no longer frozen and warmed through), add remaining ingredients.
    Heat through until cheeses melt.

Makes 4 cups

I usually double this recipe and have used both chicken or beef broth, depending on what I have on hand in the freezer. I also use heavy cream rather than the 1/2 and 1/2. This freezes well.

• morton5
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    Merrell clogs, jeans, black v-neck sweater
    A few bites of pancakes, some trail mix, and a margarita. At 11 a.m. I'm packing and it's tedious.

Going to Big Sky, MT, to ski with family and friends

Yes, I believe souls in Heaven help me by praying for me... I see the effects every day.

Painting a room, and compiling photo albums to celebrate our 20th anniversary

Espresso and gold. Tried to bring the outside inside.

Yes, the dog always barks at the wildlife and must be let in and out to chase off deer. It is somewhat amusing, but a pain more often than not.

If I were limited to two, I think I would just paint everything BM Linen White, and hang lots of art.

Yes! My husband, myself, and our kids are avid and dare I say expert skiers. I will ski 18 days this season, at Snowbasin, Powder Mountain, Big Sky, Moonlight Basin, Vail, Wintergreen, and our all-time favorite, Alta. It's not a great snow year, but still a lot of fun. I love to hike to the peaks and chutes and ski down.

30-Rock and SNL. I rarely watch TV and often miss these.
  • natal
    12 years ago

Deedee, thanks for the recipe! Sounds really good.

• jakabedy
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    -Black dress pants and a black tee with a pumpkin-ish/peach-ish fuzzy cropped sweater.

- Chamber of Commerce luncheon. I think it was beef tips on rice.

- Saturday I have dress rehearsal for a community orchestra concert on Sunday. I play timpani/percussion in this group.

- I've never had a spirity/ghosty experience, but I haven't ruled them out entirely.

- Nope.

- Natural/neutral. Walls are white (in the whole house) except BS which is in greens/browns/blues. Medium brown slab cabinets and off-white countertop.

- I adore them. And we got a brand new puppy Saturday, so I am loving him so, so so much!!

- Green and white.

- No. I haven't been skiing since I was 4. And it was 1970.

- American Idol, The Good Wife, Californication, Bethenny Ever After
  • kristine_ca
    12 years ago

1. What are you wearing?
    White Tee, periwinkle cardigan, navy yoga pants and scuffies

all-bran w/milk,and blackberries; turkey and avocado sandwich on sourdough, a banana and a chocolate ship cookie. Dinner's going to be spaghetti and meatballs.

DD's soccer tournament and some relaxation

NO

Several knitting projects, plus I'm playing w/my new sewing machine, and my new stand mixer that just arrived yesterday!

Natural Maple cabs and dark Caribbean cherry floor, ivory and tomato-soup walls (paint color is BM Tropical Orange), black counter. The new mixer is a deep orange, too.

We just have guppies--not too much angst from them!

ivory and pale sage green

Nope.

1. List your TV watching guilty pleasures. It can be more than one

We all enjoy Project Runway and the original British Top Gear. I also really like Downton Abbey, but record that and watch later when DH is not around... too soapy for him this season. DH and I also watch The Good Wife, Justified, and Damages...