Return to the Home Decorating Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Davy Jones :(

Posted by judiegal (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 29, 12 at 14:17

My biggest crush from my teen years, Davy Jones (from the Monkees) has died from a heart attack at age 66. I am so sad.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Davy Jones :(

I just read this and feel numb! Davy was my girlhood crush too. What a shame to have lost him! :-(

o

I just heard too. He was so young! And he was the cutest Monkee.

o

Aww, from the pic on Yahoo - he was still quite nice looking!

o

Yes, so sad! He was way too young. Great memories of the Monkeys.

o

"... The last train to Clarksville and I'll meet you the station."
RIP. Davy.

o

He was either my first or second crush, David Cassidy the competition, but I still fondly remember him (and my mother laughing at me).

Does anybody know how/why he died? I know it was a heart attack but I wonder if he had a heart condition or something.

o

Very sad.

RIP Davy. You will always be my favorite Monkee.

o

Oh, no...that is sad. I haven't seen that yet, RIP Davy.

o

I'm sad. Part of my teen-age years is gone. I had such a crush on him. :(

o

Very Sad and so young. He was my favorite Monkee. RIP

o

Ironically, I just read an article about his passing that said at his yearly physical last June, his doctor gave him a stress test and professed he had the heart of a 25 year old. It's kind of scary to know that a good outcome on any particular test doesn't guarantee anything.

o

Really shocking and sad. I had a crush on all the Monkees at one point or other as a girl, but it started with Davy Jones and always went back to him. Daydream Believer was my favorite song he sang.(Sorry for Spanish subtitles, seems they've yanked the audio on other videos due to copyright.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here