Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
beekeeperswife_gw

Facebook Question

beekeeperswife
10 years ago

You all are so wise I thought maybe you might be able to give me some advice.

I never had a personal FB page, just was not interested. But when I started my business I started a "Page". (Actually, had an anonymous personal one to use for entering contests, etc. but it was officially deleted by FB and had a different email address, etc.)

Here's my dilemma. (How nuts....I cannot post my question on FB community help page because of my problem! They say I have a "gray account". )

When I try post on another FB page, my (public) profile picture is shown as the generic gray silhouette instead of what is on my FB Page as my profile picture.

This is maddening. I am totally at a loss over how to fix this.

Does anybody have any info they can share?

Much appreciate it.

Bee

Comments (6)

• yayagal
    10 years ago

You have to have your own facebook page to post a question so register a page of your own and then follow these directions I got from Facebook. Unless you add a profile photo, no picture will ever show up of you. I use an alias name in FB. lol It serves me well.
    Go to your Timeline (which we sometimes refer to as your profile) and hover over your profile picture
    Click Edit Profile Picture to edit your picture
    Choose whether you want to:
    Pick a photo you already uploaded to Facebook
    Take a new photo
    Upload a photo from your computer
    Edit your thumbnail
    Remove your current photo

You can use any of the photos you've uploaded to Facebook, or photos your friends have uploaded, if you're tagged in them:

Click on the photo you want to use to expand it
    Hover over the photo and select Options
    Click Make Profile Picture
    Crop the photo and click Done Cropping

Keep in mind, your current profile picture is public.

• faisalpappu
    10 years ago

The answer above is right. First anybody should have a personal account. of own. Then it will be possible to make any page on that account. I've made more than 200 fanpages till now but no page was deleted yet.

Here is a link that might be useful: https://www.facebook.com/downloadfreehdfilm

• ellendi
    10 years ago

Bee,Good for you for trying to figure this out. Facebook will certainly help your business. Funny how FB has become almost mandatory in today's world of business. That goes for Pinterest too.
    Make sure you know how to use all the privacy settings.

• beekeeperswife
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hmmm

I don't think my question was clear. Or am I dense?

I have a profile picture. When posting on my own FB page it shows it. But, when I go to another page to post a comment, it shows the generic profile silhoutte and doesn't indicate who I am (Usually there is a name written).

My profile on my page is public. I've checked that. Even on the profile pic it says "this will be the picture on your public profile".

I've tried contacting FB about it, but no luck.

Today I tried to post a question on the community forum about it, and I'm not alone! BUT it would not let me post my question because it said I had a Gray account.

Well, I love the color Gray, but this is nuts. I've had this page for well over a year and this has just had me stumped.

Thanks for the replies so far.

• NashvilleBuild42
    10 years ago

Bee have you tried this

"You'll need to add your profile as an admin to the Page that's being managed by a gray account by inputting the email address in the field marked "Type name or email." Make sure the email address you put in is the main email associated with your profile.

Directions on adding admins to your Page can be found in our Help Center: https://www.facebook.com/help/187316341316631/?ref=u2u

Once you've successfully added yourself, I'd recommend adding the accounts of the other people who will need admin access to the Page so you won't have to use the gray account anymore. Don't worry, using your real account to manage a Page won't expose your profile to any of the people connected with your Page. You can learn more about privacy for admins in our Help Center too: https://www.facebook.com/help/329858980428740/?ref=u2u

"

• debrak2008
    10 years ago

This may sound stupid but go find a teenager or a 20 something. Even though they no longer use facebook they still know what to do. I ask my kids 17 & 20 when I need help. Its all about snapchat now : )

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions