Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elraes_miller

Waterlogue...art beyond

Elraes Miller
10 years ago

I just saw this ap and am in love. It changes any of your photos to a water color painting. The link below is where I read about it, but you can run a search and find tons of photos transformed.

The only issue is the ap is on Iphones only, they are working on direct PC. Hope this happens. Have any of you seen this or are using it?

Here is a link that might be useful: Waterlogue paintings

Comments (5)

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

how fun, I just bought it on my iPad and tried it out, it looks great for most pictures except for people pictures, the flesh colouring is weird, there must be a trick to it.
    I'll investigate further and play around with it.

here's my first one, the view from my condo in Florida, the Boca Resort golf course.

• Elraes Miller
    Original Author
    10 years ago

How fun to see your results. They are on Facebook and have some tricks to follow. I'm feeling left out, it looks like it has some great possibilities. I'm also feeling left out just thinking about your warm weather.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

I googled a bit and it seems a general consensus that waterlogue is not so attractive on faces :(

I am not in Florida right now, alas !! I still have 10 days of Calgary cold ( 4 degrees F today) until I can look at my Florida view !!

thanks for posting the link, it's fun to find out new stuff !

• tinam61
    10 years ago

I have the ap on my iphone, but have not used it much yet. Have not really had time to play around with it. I'm hoping I can get a good pic with my pup. I think about 3/4 of the blogs I read have had a post about waterlogue this week! Several had nice pix they had printed out. Use a good quality paper (using something similar to what a watercolor would be done on) and they actually look pretty good! I will look them up on facebook - will be nice to see some tips.

tina

• sallymo2015
    10 years ago

I have had so much fun with this app. I've scrolled through my old photos and just played with them. It's fun watching them being drawn and painted! I don't post a lot on my Facebook page, personally, but did post the pic of our home and mentioned the app to my "friends". Some photos of faces work out to look alright. My son and I tried it and it was dark in the room and that one was better than with full light on a face.