Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recc. for on-line printer for invitations?

Posted by mtnrdredux (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 9:22

I am in charge of getting invitations printed for a fundraising event.

I noticed that Shutterfly and Evite both sell printed invitations. I need something with a response card, etc.

Have you used a company that you liked? Obviously since it's a fundraiser cost is an issue.

thanks

This post was edited by mtnrdredux on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 18:07

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recc. for on-line printer for invitations?

I've always thought tinyprints was a notch above the others. When I receive one, and turn it over to see where it came from, it is invariably tinyprints.

o

What kind of ink do you want? Flat like would come out of a regular printer or the raised like you used to have on wedding invitations. Sorry don't know the English terms for it.

o

Last year I used weddingpaperdivasco. (I think they do other invites as well) and Zazzle.com for rehearsal dinner and brunch invitations for my son's wedding. Was happy with both.

that should read weddingpaperdivas.com

This post was edited by joaniepoanie on Tue, Feb 25, 14 at 10:40

o

I have used tinyprints for some relatively cheap return address labels and personalized note cards and have been pleased. And have seen some really cute invitations and announcements come from there. Aren't they an off-shoot of Shutterfly iirc? I use Shutterfly a lot for photos and photobooks and have been happy with their service. You might browse etsy for some individuals who do theses things, but mass-marketers might still be the better price and more reliable.

o

My DD and I were addressing wedding invitations last night!
I just texted her and asked - they are from American Wedding. idk the website.Very classic, good weight embossed paper, the type is raised just like authentic engraving. Classic and substantial. Customer service is great and the invitations shipped and received on time
( inspite of the last big snow the northeast /midatlantic had.)
The first samples she collected from another online company were very disappointing.
I know that my kiddo searched out the best deal on lovely invitations, so my thinking is that if they do other occasions, they would fit the budget and look substantial.

o

Thanks so much everyone! I will go check these out.

o

Please check your GW email for a message.,

L

o

Please check your GW email for a message.,

L

o

I had a printing project last summer and after getting a lot of on-line quotes went to a small local shop and had it done for less than 25% of the cheapest on-line price. Also faster and no shipping costs.

o

Invitationbox.com

o

I've used Shutterfly for two years now . . . for DD's totally personalized graduation cards, large orders of Christmas cards and many individual birthday, anniversary and other holiday cards. I have been incredibly happy with every card, with the quality of the cardstock, the quality of the printing, photo transfers, choices available, timeliness of deliveries, and overall costs.
Lynn

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here