Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
msrose

I need some long t-shirts for my exercise leggings

msrose
10 years ago

Does anyone know where I can order some longer t-shirts? I know a lot of people where shorter shirts with their exercise leggings, but I would rather have my bottom covered. I'm having a tough time finding anything long enough and when I do find a longer shirt, it's usually tight fitting and I don't like that either.

Comments (18)

• teacats
    10 years ago

Check into men's tee-shirt sizes -- you may find that those kind of lengths and sizes (and prices!) work well ... try Target .....

.... I like to wear DH's extra-large white cotton undershirt/tees for bed -- handy and way less expensive!

• dedtired
    10 years ago

I've also bought men's t-shirts to get the length I want. Kind of annoying that they are huge everywhere else in order to get the length. I wish they made tunic length workout tops for women.

• Olychick
    10 years ago

check in the maternity dept at target. they usually have decent cotton t shirts and their maternity t shirts are just a bit fuller and longer without looking like you're expecting.

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

Maternity tank tops could be a solution, my dil got some nice ones at pea in the pod, even if it's maternity they are tight fitting though.

Lululemon has longer exercise tops.

• tinam61
    10 years ago

Look for tops that say "tunic". I know I have seen tunic length tees, just can't remember where. Google and see what you come up with. Tunics will be longer and will fit a female body better than men's tees, will therefore be more flattering.

• Boopadaboo
    10 years ago

What Tina said. Look for tunics, not T shirts! :)

• caminnc
    10 years ago

Gap has some pretty nice work out shirts.

• camlan
    10 years ago

If you Google "modest length t shirts" you will get a ton of hits for t shirts and tanks and camisoles that will cover everything. Including some made specifically for working out.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

Also look for ladies "tall". Many online sites carry them. I buy men's mediums and they are better made, nicer material. Many come in great colors now, some of them are actually the same found in womens, but less expensive, nice and long. I like long sleeves to hover beyond my wrists too.

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Wow! Thanks for all the suggestions!

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

I just buy women's tall versions or men's small. I don't mind the shirts being a little baggy long as I'm not doing yoga. Having a shirt flip over my head and exposing everything is not my idea of a fun class :) for me workout clothes have to wick. I would never wear a plain cotton tee.

• hhireno
    10 years ago

Am I the only one that feels hotter in those wicking tees? I figure that's why they need to wick - all the polyester makes you sweat more. I've tried them more than once and find them unbearable.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

When you need to replace some of your leggings/tights, you could try the kind that have a built in skirt. I personally don't like baggy/long shirts when I work out as they often get in the way. But, I also don't like my rear so exposed, especially b/c I often run an errand or two on my way home from working out. I now mainly wear tights with a built-in skirt. I don't like to wear tight shirts either, but usually wear shirts that come to my hips, and now don't have to worry about my bum showing!

here are some samples of what i'm talking about:

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53935&vid=1&pid=387747012

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/skirt-sports-tough-girl-skirt-with-attached-pants-for-women~p~1224s/?filterString=s~skirt-sports%2F&colorFamily=15

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1001031&vid=1&pid=862116022

http://athleta.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=1001031&vid=1&pid=964541002

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

iheart - I should have mentioned it's a yoga class :) What is wick?

fourkids - I've never seen those, but it's a great solution.

• iheartgiantschnauzer
    10 years ago

Oh then if it's a yoga class check out the skirted yoga pants similar to four kids. I have a few and they are practical. But I also think you should check Out prana yoga tunic shirts. I love them. Prana sizing can be wonky sometimes I'm an xs and others a s. But the quality is good and the tunic length is perfect. wicking is a material that channels sweat away from your body unlike a plain cotton tee where sweat can cause the cotton fabric to cling. This can cause chafing on a long 13+ mile run or just discomfort when exercising, in my experience

• msrose
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I tried on a maternity t-shirt at Target yesterday and I still may go back and get it, but I was unsure at the time, because it was tighter fitting than I wanted. It made me laugh that a maternity top was too tight :) When I was pregnant in the 90's, we wore tents for maternity tops. I think I'm going to check a few more places first. I couldn't find a maternity dept at Walmart. Do all dept stores have a maternity section. Does JCP?

• newbuyer2007
    10 years ago

Check out landsend.com