Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1288772

Fashion Police?

User
9 years ago

Has anyone been watching the new edition with Kathy Griffin? The first 2 weeks were good, but last night's critique of the SAG awards was really funny. I found myself laughing at this cast as much as I did at the Joan Rangers cast. Kathy Griffin described Lupita N'yong'o's full-skirted dress as being able to hide at least 12 of the Duggars. Then she described Reese Witherspoon's white gown as one of Amal Clooney's gloves. AnnieDeighnaugh needs to name this new cast!

Comments (8)

• LynnNM
    9 years ago

I don't usually watch those award shows, but I'm sorry that I missed it now, just for Kathy's comments. She's very talented, isn't she?

• rosesstink
    9 years ago

I've watched. I keep forgetting that it's on Monday now though. Funny stuff. Did you like Witherspoon's dress? I thought it was pretty awful and was surprised they like it so much (Kathy's remarks aside).

• violetwest
    9 years ago

I wonder if I could tolerate her jokes better than Joan's (I always muted the sound on Joan when I watched the show because I found her comments annoying and distasteful)

• ellendi
    9 years ago

I like Kathy Griffin, but as with Joan Rivers there are times when they cross the line.
    I think Joan made some very distasteful and disrespectful comments in her last months that I thought maybe she was having dementia issues.
    I'm going to check it out.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

The first couple of weeks were a little uncomfortable as I think KG was uncomfortable with filling Joan's shoes. However, I think she's starting to loosen up a bit and seeing her role as being funny while making fun of the outfits. (As her hair keeps getting shorter!) However, the thing that Joan did was not make fun of the outfits that were really superb. KG needs to become more discerning, which I think she will do as time goes on.

I wish they were still using the Joan Rangers moniker in a tribute to Joan who started the whole thing: Who are you wearing?

I have to admit that, for 81, Joan Collins did look fabulous. More power to her (and her plastic surgeon!)

{{gwi:2134737}}

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

I am enjoying KG. I've watched a lot of her specials and think she is hilarious and usually spot on in her assessments of the stars in general. I don't always agree with all of them on FP but it's always entertaining.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

Saw it, loved it.

• juliekcmo
    9 years ago

Amazing Joan Collins. That is what a star looks like!