Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ms_thrifty

this is better-update to frumpy

ms-thrifty
10 years ago

Found one that is not frumpy-I will be needing something along this line in the spring. Though I don't wear sleevless, and do not particularly want low cut, or short , I definitely do not want to look frumpy. If I think I look frumpy I will be feeling depressed and not have a good time..

Comments (12)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    10 years ago

Nice!

• natesgram
    10 years ago

That is anything but frumpy. Really nice. Is this the color you will be getting too?

• mitchdesj
    10 years ago

that dress is a very flattering style, I love it.

I think part of being frumpy looking is also how a garment fits, a good tailor/seamstress can adjust something so it fits well and skims the body, instead of just hanging.

Almost no one fits right off the rack. I found a shop where I buy most of my clothes, the owner is very savvy and won't let you buy something that is just so so. She taught me to have pants altered from smaller to a bit more comfy, instead of having too big made smaller, they will always fit better. Her tailor is a magician as far as giving an inch or two around the waistband, I have a not so well defined waist but no butt, so I need extra room at the waist, nowhere else.

• gsciencechick
    10 years ago

Nice!

• User
    10 years ago

Lovely! The boat neckline is one of my favorites, and You Cannot Go Wrong With lace.

• Elraes Miller
    10 years ago

That dress is beautiful. I'm not a purple person, but this shade is rich and would wear it. Does Nortstrums still alter clothes free? I loved shopping there for special occasions and the associates finding the best of the best for my personal taste.

• lyfia
    10 years ago

Technicolor - they do it for free if you are paying full price.

I like the dress, but on me it would look frumpy - boat necklines are not for me as it makes me become double chested looking for some reason.

• lynninnewmexico
    10 years ago

Lovely dress that definitely won't make you look frumpy!
    Lynn

• neetsiepie
    10 years ago

3/4 length sleeves are never frumpy IMO. The ruching at the waist is not to my liking, but this dress is far from frumpy.

How will you wear your hair? Thats another factor.

• arcy_gw
    10 years ago

The dress is very nice. On that model what would look frumpy? I can imagine on my grandma with her blue hair back in the day--it could look frumpy. The body type that wears it, or anything, makes all the difference.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

The dress is very nice. On that model what would look frumpy? I can imagine on my grandma with her blue hair back in the day--it could look frumpy. The body type that wears it, or anything, makes all the difference.

I agree. It looks great on the young thin model, but a woman 5 inches shorter, 40 pounds heavier and 20 years older? Could be frumpy.

• User
    10 years ago

I don't think I have ever been on the conversation side though I have been on the forums for MANY years..........and I too am a mother of a bride(AUGUST) and have been browsing the web for potential dresses. I haven't tried anything on yet, I plan to do it within the next few weeks. This dress caught my attention though I don't know if it is too unseasonal for August. In any case, I guess I will know what is frumpy and not when its on me. I hope so anyway.