caminnc1

Heads up-Downtown Abby starts tonight

caminnc
10 years ago

Yeah, will you be watching?

Comments (21)

• Embothrium
    10 years ago

Radio ads have got me set to watch the Season 4 premiere tonight. But I'll be watching Downton Abbey. "Downtown Abby" sounds like Abigal Van Buren during her own version of Jaywalking.

• maire_cate
    10 years ago

Thanks for the reminder, we're finishing up a project so I have to record it. DD baked scones and brought some over this afternoon so tomorrow I'll make a pot of Irish Breakfast and enjoy her berry scones while watching.

Although to really get in the mood perhaps I should have my lady's maid deliver it on a tray to my bedroom a la Cora.

This post was edited by maire_cate on Sun, Jan 5, 14 at 20:19

• User
    10 years ago

It was a good season and the Christmas special was outstanding. I watch British TV through a VPN service and all fall could not wait for Sunday nights---- enjoy it!

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I decided to record it and watch it during the week. I may not leave the house until Spring so I'll have some time to fill. I never watch tv during the day (as a matter of fact I can't stand to be anywhere they have a tv on) so this will be a novelty in this miserable cold.

I read that Edith gets the best 1920's wardrobe since Mary is in mourning and the young niece is too young for some of the looks.

The long break has taken a toll on my enthusiasm for the show. I hope I get hooked again.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

I'm unable to receive PBS with our Direct TV pkg, and have only seen season one which I adored. I'd love to catch up but am unable to locate past seasons on Hulu or Netflix. Any other suggestions?

• caminnc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Funnygirl, I think you can watch it on PBS (the next day after airing) online! That's what I usually do if I have had a long day! I usually watch it twice anyway.

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

Huh, I wonder why they are no longer available on Netflix or the PBS app. I watched all of the previous seasons, except last season, on either netflix of the pbs app on my iPad. Do you have amazon prime? I just checked, and they have all the previous episodes available for streaming if you have a membership.

• dedtired
    10 years ago

Definitely watching! Everyone will be talking about it tomorrow so if I don't want to walk around with my fingers in my ears saying "lalalalalala", I have to watch it. I want to be part of the conversation, plus I really enjoy it.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

All set for a late dinner while watching in just a few minutes. Finally got DH on board and he watched first three seasons last summer. Can't wait...love the clothes!

• fourkids4us
    10 years ago

I just posted this as my Facebook status...

And the children were nestled all snug in their beds,
    while visions of feigning sick for school after a long Christmas break danced in their heads.

With mamma on the couch awaiting Downton Abbey, thinking about all those holiday treats that have made her feel flabby!

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Thanks Camminnc and F/K's, for the tips. I don't have Amazon prime but will definitely get if it allows me to catch up.:) It just occurred to me that the series might be available through the library so will also check there, too.

• caminnc
    Original Author
    10 years ago

You can watch Episode 1 here.

Here is a link that might be useful: PBS

• springroz
    10 years ago

We braved the weather to go to a preview party last week, so I had already seen the first hour of the show. I just love the show! I miss the horses, though, now that we have gotten so modern. It looks like Mary gets to ride in some upcoming episodes.

Nancy

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

It was great as usual.....gotta love Maggie Smith! Glad Mary's "vegetative state" only lasted this episode...oh the luxury of not having to be responsible for anything except blank stares into the distance for six months! lol.

• Bumblebeez SC Zone 7
    10 years ago

Cora's naivete is once again wildly annoying, i.e.Thomas.

• mlweaving_Marji
    10 years ago

It looks like Edith is going to get more airtime.
    I varied last night from thinking the 20's clothes were great to thinking they were some of the most hideous fashion we've ever seen. Costuming that show must be a blast.

I watched all three seasons last winter, streaming it using Amazon Prime. Because we were cruising and we didn't have a TV on the boat, I watched most of it on my iphone! What a luxury to see it full screen.

• joaniepoanie
    10 years ago

MLweave.....I do remember thinking at the time that Edith's wedding dress was prettier than Mary's. And I do think the clothes from the first two seasons were prettier than what we saw last night.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

Thanks, Cami~~I'm all settled in, in front of the fire and ready to absorb every minute of it:)

• happy2b…gw
    10 years ago

funnygirl- I am virtually right beside you. I missed the series up tp now. -so catching up with Amazon Prime. I just finished watching season 2, episode 1.

• funnygirl
    10 years ago

RH, I think I need to do the Amazon Prime, too. I could only catch a few minutes tonight using PBS when it began reloading and wouldn't stop. But it was enough to make me realize how much I've missed and that I really need to catch up starting with season 2:)

• hhireno
    10 years ago

I'm finally all caught up with my viewing. And now I'm impatient for Sunday's episode.

My biggest complaint about my two BFFs is that neither of them watch DA so I can't talk about it with them. I need to reconsider those relationships; the last 34 years wasted on Philistines.

What's with all the shades of purple in the clothes this season? Was purple big in the 20's? Except for the ugly red/orange dress with the blue sleeves (she's worn it twice), Edith does get to wear many lovely things. When Mary finally stops wearing all the black she also has some pretty pieces in her wardrobe.