Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mizannthrope

Pls Help Me Make A Decision About A Couch

MizAnnThrope
9 years ago

I can't get off the fence, so I'm hoping y'all will help me by voting and providing your input.

I'm getting a new sofa, and I can't decide on which one. I have cats and dogs, so I've been looking at a Crypton sofa on slobproof.com, which will be about $4,000. #1 pic below

Then again, I'm also considering leather - the three H&M sofas shown below. I already have a H&M City Chair and a Half in a cream color, which is the style of the first leather sofa shown (pic #2). The next two leather styles (pics #3 and #4), I think, are more vintage looking and will go well with my 1924 bungalow and my attempts to somewhat decorate in 20s style. #2 and #3 are about $5,000 and #3 about $5,500.

Whatever I get, it will be in the red color shown.

Thx!

Comments (7)

• redcurls
    9 years ago

I like #2 just as shown. Wish mine was red instead of cream. I was late in discovering leather furniture, and have had my current leather couch in my family room, which is used every single day, for probably 10+ years. Have 3 dogs and have been more than satisfield. I had always thought it was hot or cold or slippery, but I havent found that to be true. Will ONLY consider leather as a replacement when the time comes.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

First choice is 2 since you have the same chair...after that I like 1.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

Can't believe I"m saying this, but #1. It's unique, in a vintage sort of way, and it's a tight back.

• deeinohio
    9 years ago

I have a leather sofa similar to #2, and you can't beat it for comfort.

I love #1, but I've always wondered about the comfort of a curved sofa, and whether you can nap on them. Maybe that isn't a concern.

I really dislike 3 and 4, but that's personal preference. I don't like furniture with too much going on.

This post was edited by deeinohio on Thu, Jan 29, 15 at 22:04

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

To me, 3 and 4 look out-of-date, in a sort of Tuscan way. The first one is cool, but I don't think it will be forgiving at all of any pet flaws.
    The second one also sounds like to will work better with what you have?

• My3dogs ME zone 5A
    9 years ago

If you can get #2 in one of their protected leathers, I have found that mine is pet-proof. The first time a dog curled up on it, I winced, but several years later - it's fine!

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

I love #1 but I really can't see it pairing well with the City Chair. I think #2 would be the best mate for your chair. I was looking for an H & M protected leather as well but Duane from the Keeping Room said the protected leather is just a painted on dye and not as forgiving. I ended up with a pull up leather on the recliner and a burnished leather on our sofa. The burnished leather will give a very antiqued look and would be great in your vintage room.

Duane is so very helpful when it comes to leathers. I wouldn't hesitate to contact him through his furniture forum that is linked on his website.

Here is a link that might be useful: Duane's site