Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tips on Salem MA and surround?

Posted by AnnieDeighnaugh (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 28, 14 at 15:28

DHs cousin is getting married the end of April and we'll be overnight in Salem...I'm thinking we can spend a few nights at it...Salem, Glouscester, Marblehead....

Any suggestions for what to do or where to eat would be most welcome! Thx!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tips on Salem MA and surround?

For food, go to Red's for breakfast
Our favs are Nathaniels
Tavern on the green and Bella Verona for Italian
If you've never seen the witch trials then you should, interesting.
There's a good maritime museum and in Peabody there's a great museum. I would suggest the house of seven gables and take the tour, wonderful shops. Gloucester is visually very pretty with lots of art galleries and shops.

o

Great, thx yaya!

o

I wonder if yaya means the Peabody Essex Museum, which is actually in Salem. Link below. Funny, DH and I were just talking about going there to see an exhibit that ends in April.

Marblehead has some great shops. Rockport is wonderful, too, if you want to expand your tour a bit. Just nice towns to walk around and explore. I've only been there during the day so I don't really have any restaurant recommendations for dinners.

Here is a link that might be useful: Peabody Essex Museum

o

Thanks Sueb!

Anyone been to the Hammond Castle?

On a Salem Witch Walk?

o

I was just coming back to this thread to mention Hammond Castle. It's been a LOT of years since I've been there but I just loved it in my early 20s.. it's a beautiful, easy area. You'll have a great time.

o

Thanks funky! I hope it's open by then...they haven't said when they are opening for the season yet....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here