|Wow...just Wow! |
Not sure how I stumbled across this vid., but I've always loved it! I was a whole 8+ years old when Woodstock happened! Just one of those iconic events in American culture that EVERYONE knows about!
So...here's some marijuana-fueled Canned-Heat for ya!
Was anyone here....there?!
Here is a link that might be useful: Goin' up the country...
|I wasn't there, but love that song. Always makes me smile when it comes up on my mp3 player (as does "On the Road Again" & "Let's Work Together"). Poor Al Wilson & Bob Hite didn't have long, happy lives.|
|I hadn't researched any of the lesser-known WS groups at all. |
Just looked these 2 up on Wiki.
Thanks for noting that AWM03!
|Thanks for that. Now that my oldest DD is in her teens, I've been sharing/annoying her with my favourite songs from my youth. And, like you, I was just wee when WS happened, the songs were still in the background when I was growing up. Fleetwood Mac and Simon and Garfunkel seem to be right up her alley, but I had a harder time selling Hot Chocolate and Stevie Ray Vaughn.|
|I'm goin' I'm goin' where the water taste like wine.... |
I was 16 at the time of Woodstock. I lived in AZ at time, so no I didn't go. But I did see most of the groups that played Woodstock live in concert during my youth.
Tickets to see Jimi Hendrix- 12th row- $5 in Phoenix. We could afford to go to shows every weekend.
Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum
Information about Posting
- You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
- Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
- Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
- After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
- Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
- We have a strict no-advertising policy!
- If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
- If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.
Learn more about in-text links on this page here