Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polly929

Such a heavy heart today :(

polly929
9 years ago

Yesterday morning while at work I glanced at my Facebook and noticed a frightening message from a friend saying goodbye. It turns out, she took her own life. Her family is devastated. On the outside this woman was always smiling, and often put others needs before her own. Only those closest to her were aware of her inner pain, but had no idea the gravity of it. Please say a prayer for her and her family. My heart is broken.

Comments (21)

• User
    9 years ago

So very, very sorry Polly, for this lady and her friends and family.

• aegis1000
    9 years ago

Prayers lifted for the family, loved ones, and you ... who are touched by this tragic event ...

• roarah
    9 years ago

I am sorry for your loss, Polly. It is such a shame that depression so often becomes a terminal illness.... May you memories provide you and her family with some comfort during this sad time.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

Heartbreaking......so sorry for you and all who knew her.

• MagdalenaLee
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry. The pain and helplessness you all feel is probably overwhelming. Take care of yourself.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

I'm so sorry. It's a terrible thing to go through, I know.

If you can, you may want to pass along the contact below. They offer group sessions as well as a survivor outreach program or can help someone find a counselor.

Here is a link that might be useful: American Foundation for Suicide Prevention

• outsideplaying_gw
    9 years ago

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend and the heartbreaking way you found out too. I can only imagine the devastation and pain this must bring. Will say a prayer for her and her family.

• blfenton
    9 years ago

Oh I am so sorry.

• yayagal
    9 years ago

You've experienced a traumatic shock to your system, take care and know that she cared for you but illness caused this,not the person herself. Grieve and try to make peace with it. I'm praying for you and her family. Very sad.

• Errant_gw
    9 years ago

I am so very sorry! Losing someone this way is such a difficult and confusing thing. Sadly, my sons have lost quite a few friends, so I'm quite familiar with the pain it brings :(

• anele_gw
    9 years ago

Oh, no, Polly. I am so sorry for all affected.

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

I am very sorry for your loss and understand the feelings you are or may experience from this. Prayers for you and your friend's family.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

Such very sad news Polly. I hope your friend is at peace.

• User
    9 years ago

I am so sorry to read this and that there was an actual loss. It is painfully true that you never really know what is inside everyone's heart.mind.
    I think of Robin Williams - so sorry is all I can say.

• cran
    9 years ago

Such sad news, but sadder yet your friend was suffering inside for some reason and this was her only solution. Praying she is in peace now and prayers for her family and friends, too.

• justgotabme
    9 years ago

Oh Polly, I'm so sorry for your and her families loss. I will pray for you all.

• jlc712
    9 years ago

So sorry for your loss! And sorry that you found out that way. Depression is such a terrible illness. Sending you good thoughts.

• polly929
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you all for your prayers. I just attended the wake, my heart breaks for her family. Such a tragic loss.

• texanjana
    9 years ago

I am so sorry for you and her family, Polly.

• Holly- Kay
    9 years ago

Polly, I just saw this. I am so sorry. It is devastating to lose someone this way. We lost a dear friend last year under similar circumstances. Our group was devastated because he was such a good natured man and we didn't have a clue that he was depressed..