Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mtnrdredux_gw

SueB random Mass. question

mtnrdredux_gw
9 years ago

We are going to a 50th bday party for DH's relative this Saturday in Mass.. My default gift is 50 instant lottery tickets and some Dom or Cristal.

Does Mass. sell instant lottery tickets? Where are they sold? How ugly are they?

TIA!

Comments (12)

• GaryFx
    9 years ago

Yes, they are available in MA, and are sold in convenience stores and supermarkets, among other places. Some places even have vending machines.

As for the esthetics, beauty is in the eye of the gambler.

• Annie Deighnaugh
    9 years ago

If it's a winning ticket, I'm sure it'll look grand!!

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Yes, and you can find them at almost any convenience store. I haven't seen one up close in a long time, but they have soooo many different ones, I'm sure you could find one that matches the recipient's style! Or decor...

Darn, why didn't I invite you to MY birthday party??

• livvyandbella
    9 years ago

You can get both at any liquor store in Ma.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You know, SueB, I was just getting over that, and now you have to go and bring it up again.

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

LOL!

• Bethpen
    9 years ago

"How ugly are they?" Hahahaha! Only on GW.

You can get the tickets right at the Packie.

• User
    9 years ago

Son and DIL gave the whole family lottery tickets for Christmas one year and we sat and scratched. It was a dud. Is the idea to give a gift to the schools instead of the family?

• funkyart
    9 years ago

I took a hostess gift to a friend hosting a cookie baking party last month-- I had a selection of local, artisan spices and last minute, I picked up 5 "Cookie Dough" instant tickets to add to the package. All duds lol.. but wouldnt it have been fun had we had a winner?!

One of my siblings gives powerball tickets in Christmas cards-- never had a winner there either but I think the gift of chance is kind of fun. I don't buy lottery tickets otherwise so I guess it's a novelty.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

May,
    The idea is that lottery tickets are kind of a cheap thrill for most people. Plus, it's almost offensive to get something valuable for a grown man, KWIM? Like what would you get him? It almost has to be gag like or sentimental. His gift already includes a sentimental framed photo.

As far as being duds, yup probably. Come to think of it, I think I would be very upset if they had a huge winning. I am way too immature to be gracious about that. I may need to rethink this!

• funkyart
    9 years ago

Mtn,
    The first few years my sister gave lottery tickets, she made a big production of having everyone sign a doc stating that winnings over a certain amount must be shared-- handing out special pens and not giving the ticket gifts until the "official" doc (with seal) had been signed. It really added to the fun. I think it was an exceptionally big pot that sparked the first gifts but we've been getting them for years now.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    Original Author
    9 years ago

funky,
    I think I like your family. : )