Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
neetsiepie

Kick off 2015 with a GTKY

neetsiepie
9 years ago

It's been a while! I think Oak tends to start these off, but I'll see if I can fill her shoes.

1. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far?
2. What are you wearing?
3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods?
4. What did you eat today?
5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How?
6. If married, how long have you been married?
7. What is your favorite feature?
8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe?
9. What is your favorite board or card game?
10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player?
11. What time do you usually get up in the morning?
12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute?
13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home?
14. Can you whistle a tune?
15. Seahawks or Patriots?

1. I usually don't make any resolutions, rather I try to change a habit. This year I've decided to tell anyone who asks how I'm doing I'm doing well. Even if I'm not, I don't want to be a bummer!
2. Khaki slacks, black tank, leopard print cardigan and black clogs. (I never changed out of work clothes today!)
3. After a VERY rainy weekend (almost 2 inches Saturday!) it was gorgeous and sunny today. Expecting temps near 60 later this week.
4. Half a poppy seed muffin and 2 cups of coffee. I missed lunch-so I drank a couple bottles of water and ate a plain bagel. Dinner was chicken, fruit salad and some potato salad.
5. I really don't celebrate with my DH. I've never had a romantic feeling about the day-but I do like to surprise friends & family with a valentine and some chocolate.
6. Married to my DH since 1998-but we lived together 9 years before we got married. My first marriage lasted just over 5 years.
7. I would have to say my mouth. I think I have nice lips-they're not too thin, and my mouth is proportioned well. I've been told I have a nice smile, too.
8. It's a toss up between green and brown...all shades of both. I have very little blue, however. I also have a lot of orange.
9. I LOVELOVELOVE any kind of trivia game. I'm absolutely terrible at charades or any game that incorporates charades or guessing a drawing.
10. Walk This Way Remix-Aerosmith and Run DMC.
11. Usually 7:15 on weekdays
12. My office is about 3 miles from my house, but depending on the time of the day it can take me 10 minutes to 30 minutes. I have to drive thru 3 school zones so no matter which streets I take, if I miss the window of time my commute can triple if I'm off just 5 minutes!
13. I visited my sister in So California last year at Thanksgiving.
14. Yes. But I cannot do a wolf whistle or a call whistle.
15. I'm in Oregon-it's a law that we have to favor the Seahawks. We don't have a pro football team, so we chose either the 49'ers or the Seahawks.

Comments (65)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

1. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far?
    Resolved to take better care of myself in light of ongoing stressors that aren't going away any time soon. Yoga (weekly for past 3 weeks), gym 3x/wk, and trying to meditate for at least 10 minutes/day. So far, so good, but missed a few days of meditation.

2. What are you wearing?
    Gray sweater, black zip-up fleece (cold in my house -- just turned up the heat), jeans, socks. I never, ever wear shoes in the house unless I have to (like if we're hosting a party).

Cold but sunny.

Oatmeal for breakfast, and I have been "eating lunch" over the course of the last hour or so -- two cheese sticks, two slices of turkey lunchmeat, and a cherry Lara bar. Now having tea.

Sometimes we will go out to dinner, but never ON the 14th. Made that mistake once. DH and I will give each other cards and a small gift. I'll give the kids each a little box of candy or some other small treat.

It will be 25 years in May. We lived together for almost 3 years before we got married.

Ability to laugh even when things get sucky. If we have to get physical -- the two things people comment on most are my eyes and my cheekbones.

Blue (jeans) and black, gray...oh, this sounds so sad. I do have most colors represented, except for yellow and pastels. I look best in rusty oranges and reds, and some greens. My spring/summer wardrobe is more colorful than my winter clothes.

I have always loved Pictionary played with a group of adults. As a family, we play Quiddler, Racko, and Phase 10, mostly in the summer when we're on vacation. My kids (age 13 and up) aren't exactly begging us to play board games these days. I like Words with Friends and, more recently, Trivia Crack on my phone/iPad.

Higher Ground by Stevie Wonder

Around 6:45 on weekdays. On weekends, I try for 8-8:30.

I work part-time out of my home.

13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home?
    Bar Harbor, Maine. Oops, just looked it up and it's only 280 miles. Okay, then, Syracuse, NY.

Ugh. I hate whistling.

GO PATS! I don't watch football at all, but the rest of my family does.

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I don't do resolutions
    2. What are you wearing?
    black pants, long sleeve black tee with long very light weight kimono style cardigan in black/pink/turquoise, yellow, green. Chunky turquoise necklace, high heel black mules. (I am working today)
    Absolutely wonderful! Sunny and above average temps. We've hit 60 the last 3 days.
    banana and then because I ate that so early and had a 2 hour dental appointment and was STARVING but it was not time for lunch,I stopped and got a shake. I just had a small salad
    Yes. This year there are a couple of new babies in our "family" (really friends but we think of each other as family) and I found the cutest valentines for them. A couple of other special friends will receive a card as will my husband. We always do something to mark the occasion, our preference is a nice meal (or take-out) at home, away from the craziness of the day!
    6. If married, how long have you been married? 32 years
    7. What is your favorite feature? eyes or hair
    8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? pink, turquoise, lots of black separates and other bright colors.
    9. What is your favorite board or card game? Phase 10
    I use my iphone
    11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? depends if I'm working or not, or what is going on for the day. As early as 5:30 but 9:00 would be the very latest
    12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? about 30 minutes, I don't work full time, but hubby and I both travel about the same distance. Much preferred to living in the big city.
    13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Alabama
    14. Can you whistle a tune? no
    15. Seahawks or Patriots? either or

This post was edited by tinam61 on Wed, Jan 21, 15 at 14:13

• sprout26
    9 years ago

Very occasional poster, but here goes:
    Yes, get regular massages & buy fresh flowers..so far so good! (one x/month)...yeah, set the bar high
    2. What are you wearing?
    Black pants, white t, pink cardi
    Clear but cold ��" cold = freezing (none of this 60 biz you texas lightweights!)
    Muffin & cocoa
    Yes, do a sorta nice dinner w/the teenagers at home
    20 years
    Eyes
    Black w/brights
    9. What is your favorite board or card game ?
    Apples to apples
    Luddite ��" don’t have one
    6-6:30
    12. If you work outside the home , how far/long is your daily commute?
    15 minutes
    13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home ?
    California coast to celebrate anniversary
    Can but don’t
    Huh? Don’t’ follow

• cozyfarmhouse
    9 years ago

No Resolutions, but I have been working on simplifying life this year and things are going well so far.

2. What are you wearing?
    Jeans, beige long sleeve top with lace trimmed low v-neckline.

Overcast and upper 20s

Oatmeal with fruit.

It's been a long time since we've done anything special for Valentines Day.

Just shy of 27 years.

I've always liked my naturally wavy hair.

Beige (followed by cream, plum, denim blues and a touch of cranberry and magenta to keep things from being too boring)

Clue

No iPod or MP3

6:30

NA

1. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home?
      Bend, Oregon

Yes

Not a football fan, but Seahawks I suppose, since I'm from Washington state.

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

Resolutions:be a better *me* with more purpose.

What i'm wearing:Flannel pj's. It's raining and i'm in for the day.

Weather:see above. ;)

What I ate:egg salad sandwich. And coffee. It's breakfast AND lunch!

Valentines Day:overated! As is New Year's Eve~i'm not 'partnered'. BUT, I do send cards to my grown children and Grands, who I love soooo much!

Married:see above

Feature:thin legs

Wardrobe color:gray!

Board game:Apples to Apples

Song:don't use either

Wake up time:between 6 and 10, depending if I was successful at falling asleep!

Work:retired

Travel:visited DD in Ca last Oct.

Whistle:yep!

Football:hate it

• busybee3
    9 years ago

I haven't spent time reading on this side for a long time, but things are settling down for me and I have more (too much!?) time now...

1. resolve to get fit again-- have always been fit, but have been struggling with a couple of injuries for past couple of years and can tell that I am not as fit (or as firm) as I would like!
    2. black pants, black slippers and a purple wool sweater.
    3. cloudy and cold.
    4. I have had coffee, a banana, slice of banana nut bread, and a mashed avocado with lime and tortilla chips. now drinking tea.
    5. I usually try to make a nice dinner and dessert for VD... my husb usually picks up flowers or something- I love flowers but always tell him I don't want flowers since the cat always eats them!
    6. 30 yrs
    7. probably my hair- a love/hate relationship!
    8. black
    9. just played bets and wagers over break and had a lot of fun! love scrabble and stratego. we play a lot of spades as a family!
    10. I think the 7th song would be whatever is 7th on the JCSS album.
    11. usually between 6:30-7:30.
    12. I am a SAHEN
    13. Williamsburg
    14. wish I could whistle a tune, but cannot... love when my husb or one of my kids whistles!
    15. pats- tho I really don't care... I would have preferred different teams in the superbowl!

• Irish2
    9 years ago

* taking care of me first
    2. What are you wearing?
    *black & white turtleneck sweater/black jeans/black suede flats
    * grande non fat latte/ Lara bar (ubar bar-banana foster flavor)
    * yes/sometimes we do an overnight stay -no plans as yet
    * 32 yrs
    * people notice my green eyes
    * black/gray (all shades) taupe/ivory
    * SCRABBLE
    * don't really use much-listen to Pandora
    * 5:30
    * 10 mi.
    13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles
    from your home?
    * Turks & Caicos May 2014
    * no/dislike whistling....ranks up there with clipping nails
    15. Seahawks or Patriots
    * NE Patriots

• mojomom
    9 years ago

Not intentionally, but the first week of the year our longtime housekeeper decided to retire, so we're trying to change habits and form new ones so that we can get by with less household help -- we have a new person starting Monday, but only deep cleaning every other week for now. So far we're doing fine keeping up.

2. What are you wearing? Home sick today, so back fleece lined leggings and a soft pink tunic. That's typical for casual wear, work days usually a fairly tailored suit. On days when I know I'll just be at my desk, I'll be a bit more casual with tailored pants and top. In cool weather, usually a sweater.

3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Beautiful today -- blue skies and low 60s, quite a change from the last few weeks.

4. What did you eat today? Nothing, recovering from a rough night with a stomach virus that's going around. Better, but don't want to eat yet. Sipping some tea.

5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? We do, but low key -- usually a special dinner at home.

6. If married, how long have you been married? 31 years

7. What is your favorite feature? Probably my build, the only time I like catching a glimpse of myself is in a plate glass window on the street, but a close-up in a real mirror, not so much --ugh and getting worse.

8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? Grey and black with some camel and creams.

9. What is your favorite board or card game? Love to play duplicate bridge, but don't play often.

10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? Confession, I don't have one.

11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? 5:30 - 7:00 weekdays. Depends on what is going on that day, I have some flexibility in my schedule 8:00-9:00 weekends

12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? 35 miles each way, mostly highway. During rush hour, it may take a little over an hour to 2 hours (current road work), but at other times about 40 min.

13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Steamboat Springs, Co.

14. Can you whistle a tune? Sort-of

15. Seahawks or Patriots? Neither, but if I have to pick, I'll go with the Pats.

• fourkids4us
    9 years ago

1. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? ***I don't make resolutions.

2. What are you wearing? ***A white t-shirt, blue Tommy Bahama sweatshirt and black Under Armour lounge pants. Basically, pjs. My kids had a scheduled day off school, then all of our afternoon activities were canceled due to an afternoon snowstorm that arrived. So I never bothered to get dressed! Been reading a book, making cookies with dd and helping ds with some school work.

3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? ***It is currently snowing. We were supposed to get a dusting to an inch this afternoon, but it has lingered longer than expected. In the end, maybe 2"

4. What did you eat today? ***A cup of tea, leftover enchilada from dinner last night and a piece of Toblerone that dh brought back from a business trip to Amsterdam and Luxembourg last week

5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? ***Not really. I get my kids chocolate but dh and I don't celebrate. Sometimes I'll make a fun dessert.

6. If married, how long have you been married? ***We've been married almost 19 years. We've known each there for almost 25 years.

7. What is your favorite feature? ***I'm not sure I have one. Most people comment on being jealous of my very thick hair, but it can be a burden at times. I suppose my calves/ankles would be considered my nicest feature. And considering how short I am, I also have nice hands....long fingers. I was told I had perfect piano hands once but unfortunately, I did not inherit that musical talent that actually does run in my family!

8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? ***Aside from black, I have a lot of orange. Strange, I know, but it goes with my coloring.

9. What is your favorite board or card game? ***I don't have a favorite but always have fun when we play Trivial Pursuit or Pictionary.

10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? ***No idea. I rarely listen to an iPod. I run regularly, but typically with friends so don't use one. In fact, I used it yesterday to run by myself, but at some point, it shut off but b/c I had it stored in the back of my pants, I couldn't easily turn it back on and rather enjoyed listening to the sounds around me as I ran.

11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? **6:15 on weekdays.

12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? ***SAHM. My last job was a 5 mile commute. Same distance as my kids' school, which was actually just doors down, coincidentally, from my job.

13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? ***Charleston, SC

14. Can you whistle a tune? ***Though I haven't done it in years, yes, I'm sure I could.

15. Seahawks or Patriots? ***Neither. I'm not a huge fan of NFL, but might feign interest if it were some other teams, like the ones my family roots for (49ers, Redskins or Ravens).

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

1. Resolutions: Yoga twice a week, but I had a sudden/big health problem and haven't been able to keep this yet. Next week!

2. Wearing: boring bureaucrat basic (black jeans and cardi)

3. Weather: between cold and too damn cold (-10c)

4. Eat today: Green smoothie (husband) and bibimbap (food court)

5. Valentines: a nice meal, not necessarily that day as restos are too busy.

6. How long married: 3 years in March

7. Favorite feature: my brain and how good it is at math

8. Predominant color: black (blue and green close seconds)

9. Favorite game: Auction 45s and cribbage

10. 7th song: Jack by Breach - but may I recommend Hey Love by Quadron?

11. Wake-up time: Way too late to be on time for work! Thanks brain for being in demand so I don't have to be.

12. Daily commute? 3.5km (40 minute walk)

13. Last travelled: Sarasota - starting the snowbird life early!

14. Whistle: Yes but not the nicest sound in the world.

15. Seahawks or Patriots? Husband is a big Pats fan, I have no opinion.

Christmas Sarasota style! (not our house)
    {{gwi:2134014}}

New Years Nova Scotia style

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

1. No resolutions....too much pressure.

2. Navy pants, light blue shirt.

3. Snowed most of the day, but not much accumulation.

4. Breakfast....egg beater omelet with low fat cheese. Lunch....1/2 chicken salad sandwich and chips from Panera...later, an Atkins bar ( on sale so tried them..not bad).

5. VD is low key...dinner at home, some chocolates, usually flowers from DH.

6. Married 34 years this May.

7. Feature....green eyes.

8. Usually dark colors for wardrobe.

9. Was never a big game player.

10. On my phone...alphabetically.....Absence of God...Rilo Kiley

11. 6:15 before I retired last month.....now a glorious 8-9:00.

12. Commute was 20-30 minutes.

13. Cape Cod

14. No whistling please...it's like finger nails on a chalkboard to me!

15. Never watch football.

• rubyclaire
    9 years ago

No…more along the lines of “I will try to be more mindful and intentional.” Still trying.

2. What are you wearing?
    The top from my work attire and yoga pants. Getting there.

About 74 and sunny today.

Yogurt, salad so far.

Not really…cards, little stuff, low-key.

Five years.

Sense of humor.

Black

Taboo

Been listening to Joe Cocker lately so probably one of his songs.

6:00

Ugh…35 miles one way

NYC before Christmas

I can’t even whistle…

Not an NFL fan.

• rosesstink
    9 years ago

1. New Years Resolutions? No. I like kswl's idea of wishing that other people would change. lol

2. Wearing? Evening wear: jeans, fleece top, Keens (work was olive khakis, brown turtleneck sweater, brown shooties).

3. Weather? Cold but it's not snowing so that's okay.

4. Eat? Usual Clif bar and coffee for breakfast; ham and cheese on rye and carrot sticks for lunch; mushroom and zucchini quiche and green beans for supper.

5. Valentines day? No. We never have.

6. Married? 32 years

7. Favorite feature? Being able to delete cr*p from FB.

8. Color in your wardrobe? I have a variety but no pastels.

9. Board or card game? Uno

10. 7th song? I don't have those devices

11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? 6 AM

12. Daily commute? 23 miles (30 minutes if the weather is good)

13. 300 miles from your home? Annual pilgrimage to Cape May, NJ for fall hawk migration

14. Can you whistle a tune? Not well.

15. Seahawks or Patriots? I like football but don't root for a team and don't watch the Super Bowl.

• maire_cate
    9 years ago

1. New Years Resolutions? Never

2. What are you wearing? Jeans & sweatshirt

3. Weather? Cold, light snow

4. What did you eat? Yogurt, 1 homemade choc chip cookie, soup and salad.

5. Valentines day? I ignore it and have finally convinced DH to do so.

6. Married? 42 years

7. Favorite feature? Call me Pollyanna - I am eternally optimistic.

8. Predominant color? Black, blue.

9. Board or card game? None - but I love crosswords.

10. 7th song? Shenandoah (obviously not a workout playlist!)

11. Get up in the morning? 6:30

12. Commute? - happily retired.

13. Last place 300 miles from your home? Outer Banks, NC

14. Can you whistle a tune? Yep - but no one would recognize it.

15. Seahawks or Patriots? Steelers.

• gsciencechick
    9 years ago

Lose weight, manage stress. Yes, I am doing well with these.

2. What are you wearing?
    Work polo shirt and black khakis.

Gorgeous! We've had mid-60's and sunny. Nice while it lasts.

B: oatmeal with mixed berries
    L: chicken over green salad, home-made chicken soup
    D; seared scallops, broccoli and carrots, and roasted yukon gold potatoes
    snacks: grape tomatoes, string cheese, Fage yogurt, apple, smal piece of cake to celebrate something at work.

We might go out or we may stay home. Last year was the big snowstorm, so we were home.

8 years. I was a late bloomer.

lips. I have great-shaped lips.

Probably black

Always liked to play Candyland with my nieces and nephews

Don't use a player, but #7 on my Sirius favorites list right now is "Blitzkreig Bop" by The Ramones.

6:30 ish

25-30 min.

Los Angeles

No.

Seahawks

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Robotropolis,
    My grandparents use to play Auction 45! I haven't heard of that game in years, thanks for the memory jog. They were Canadian (from Nova Scotia) and I think you're Canadian? Is it a Canadian thing?

• robo (z6a)
    9 years ago

Yes it's a Nova Scotia thing! And Boston I think. Originally Irish. Did your grandparents play Tarabish (pronounced Tar-BISH)? That's a real Cape Breton thing.

PS

Wiki on 45s

Good explanation of the rules

If you ever want to play an addictive, somewhat cut throat card game that involves partners, trumps and bidding. try this one. I've never played bridge, but I can only imagine that it is less complicated and maybe faster paced. Once you write down/memorize the order of trumps it's pretty easy.

This post was edited by robotropolis on Thu, Jan 22, 15 at 9:28

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Something about trying to develop more common interests with my kids instead of just parenting all the time. Uh, I'm mindful of the idea.

2. What are you wearing? Parts of a suit and shirt.

3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Bitter cold.

4. What did you eat today? Greek yogurt w blueberries and pinenuts at home. Pret-a-manger's Vietnamese chicken sandwich at work. Lentil soup, cheese and crackers, fruit salad and biscotti w tea when i got home.

5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? Yes! Always cards and gifts, typically sentimental, small gifts. We used to go away overnight to our lakehouse. Maine is a tad far for overnight. This year we are going away to PA to visit my Mom since we missed her over the holidays.

6. If married, how long have you been married? 16 years

7. What is your favorite feature? "Modern Love" in the NY Times.

8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? Tops - brown and white. Bottoms - blue(jean) and black

9. What is your favorite board or card game? Apples to Apples, Scrabble, Taboo, Pictionary, BS, Bingo, Balderdash... having no wifi or TV at the lake, we are big on boardgames and other lame amusements

10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? IDK, I always play them on shuffle mode. But I was looking in my Itunes library for music for my slideshow and I came up with "Baby it's cold outside" from Glee, and "Best Day of My Life" from American Authors, and now I am hearing those songs all.day.long.

Never a simple answer. I get up a bit before 7 to wake the kids and get them breakfast. Usually "get" is an overstatement, except Mondays when I try to make them a special breakfast. At 7:30 DH drives them to school(s) and I ... go back to bed till about 9. That is my favorite thing to do. I am able to somnambulate up to 30-40 minutes at a time so that I can return to bed and sleep.

12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? I work only one day a week, in the city, 1.5 hrs away.

13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Y'all know that one! Please see exhibit below. 7155 miles~

1. Can you whistle a tune?
      My dog comes when I whistle, bless her heart.

15. Seahawks or Patriots? As a proxy for DH, Patriots. I like live sports, but hate that odd generic cacophony that televised sports emit.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

So far we could all room together in that we get up at similar times, eat the same stuff, wear the same stuff, play a lot of the same games. It would be quiet, with little or no whistling, and almost no one would want the game on.

• mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

KSWL,

For a minute I was trying to figure out what an "apple forlunch" was. I thought it was a pastry that that Austrian madrigal troupe had taught you how to make. Maybe like a struedel but with more of a linzer-like base. I had it all figured out.

• sable_ca
    9 years ago

Resolutions: None!

Wearing: black pajamas trimmed in pink, lavender, and aqua, black socks, and my favorite Alegria sandals.

Weather: around 60; today was a clear, sunny sky.

Eaten today: spinach & arugula salad with cottage cheese for lunch; dinner was cod fillets, my strong curried rice, broccoli-cauliflower, and for desert, tiny pineapple-shaped cookies from Honolulu, brought by our neighbors just returned from a week there. Half-caf coffee throughout the day.

Valentine's Day: DH always brings me flowers and chocolate, we exchange cards; don't go out to dinner.

Married: 30 years this summer.

Favorite features: My hair, face, and nails, when they're all "done". I have a brilliant haircutter!

Predominant color: black.

Favorite game: Scrabble.

Song: don't use iPod or MP3. But today I listened, on youtube, to "You're the One that I Want", the original, love it!

Wake-up time: I am retired, so aroind 10 a.,m. (I stay up most of the night reading).

Daily commute: I'm retired! When I had my career, it was about 5 minutes up a few hills.

Last traveled: To the Pacific Northwest, to visit the children.

Whistle: I can't!

Game: Seahawks! We have family in Seattle and love that city.

• mitchdesj
    9 years ago

1. New Years Resolutions? none, I am still working on resolutions from years past...

2. What are you wearing? distressed jeans and tshirt
    3. Weather? warm

4. What did you eat? nothing so far, one cappuccino

5. Valentines day? never, we go out all the time but avoid that night

6. Married? 40 years

7. Favorite feature? long slim legs ( not in sync with rest of body)

8. Predominant color? Black

9. Board or card game? None

10. 7th song? Prayer in C, my new favorite

11. Get up in the morning? 5 a.m. ish

12. Commute? none

13. Last place 300 miles from your home? Montreal

I never do these gtky usually, I am so boring.

14. Can you whistle a tune? no

15. Seahawks or Patriots? no football love here

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Robotropolis,
    I don't recall Tarabish.

I am experiencing such a nice flood of memories of my grandparents thanks to your mention of Auction 45. During their visits to us, they would play in the evening after we were sent to bed. I remember sneaking down the hall to spy and listen to the adults.

• marlene_2007
    9 years ago

. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? --none made...ever

2. What are you wearing? jeans, black cashmere turtleneck sweater, suede booties and the dreaded old lady not in style pearls :-) A herringbone walking coat is sitting next to me waiting to be put on.

3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? -- cold (40's) and clear

4. What did you eat today? -- apple and coffee

5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? - We don't

6. If married, how long have you been married? -- 9 or 10 years

7. What is your favorite feature? -- thanks to working out forever, my arms

8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? -- black (with a splash of white pearls :-) )

9. What is your favorite board or card game? -- scrabble

10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? -- don't use one put if I did it would be something Andrew Lloyd Webber (Weber?)

11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? -- between 5 ad 6

12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? -- I go to LA for family business a couple of times a month...so 1000 miles

13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? -- Los Angeles --although I have a home in LA so that may not count.....so it would be Seattle which may be less than 300 miles from Portland but definitely more from LA.

14. Can you whistle a tune? I can't

15. Seahawks or Patriots? Seahawks cause I love the peeps of Seattle

• 1929Spanish
    9 years ago

1. I don't make NY resolutions, but I've been working on getting my physical self back in order before turning 50 later this year.

2. Nightgown. It's 6:30am and I've been up at least two hours already....just not active.

3. I'm on Maui right now. Weather has been great, clear, 80's not too sticky but there is a big swell in so I'm not in the ocean.

4. A banana muffin from Whole Foods and a coffee. Please do not review my answer to question #1.

5. I just like to say "celebrate VD". If VD was something I had to celebrate, I would do it with a shot of penicillin. Heehee. I am not a romantic person.

6. 5 1/2 years. I was a late bloomer.

7. Green eyes.

8. Black. I add color and consider stripes a print.

9. I don't play board games.

10. I have our entire collection of CDs on my iPod....around 400.

11. Between 4:30 and 6:30am no matter what time zone I happen to be in. I consider that a curse.

12. Work from home, but travel often.

13. This month I've been in Columbus OH, Atlanta and Maui.

14. Nope.

15. I just hope I don't eat too much that day.

• localeater
    9 years ago

What fun!
    Resolutions: Not really, but I am trying to drink a glass of water first thing in the morning, and take my vitamins.
    Wearing: Jeans, a print silk shirt, and a black cardigan
    Weather: Gorgeous- brutally sunny, not too cold(27F), crisp clean air with the scent of salt and pine from a slight southern breeze bringing me whiffs if tide.
    Food: Cottage cheese with my own frozen wild maine blueberries(which I eat pretty much every day- I think it is an addiction), now I am finishing the box of baby spinach in the fridge topped with leftover roasted Kabocha squash(from our garden)
    Valentines Day- no, when my kids were little I would sprinkle confetti in the bedrooms and leave them bunches of balloons from the valentines fairies but alas teen boys do not appreciate such things(at least not admittedly- maybe I will bake them some thing) My DH and I consider it a "Hallmark Holiday"
    Married- 24 years this Augusty
    Feature:I have an incredible memory- it scares people.
    Wardrobe:pretty much only neutrals, some blue, some forest green
    Board Games: We are a big board game family, I love Scrabble but no one will play with me because I always win. Also, Settlers of Cataan, Blokus, and Ticket to RIde.
    I dont have an ipod or music player
    Rising: Between 5 and 5:30 without an alarm- pretty much always
    My office is in my house, I travel fairly regularly
    Santo Domingo, Mexico CIty, and Orlando
    I am a pathetic whistler. I have always been envious of women who can do that two fingers in your mouth, really loud, cab whistle. I tried and tried.....
    Dont tell my husband, but I would like the Pats to win. he is firmly in the anyone but any Boston team ever camp- which is incredible odd because he lived much of his life in a Boston suburb.

• springroz
    9 years ago

1. No New Years Resolutions.

2. Winter breeches ( fleece inside, knit outside) , turquoise mock turtleneck, wool socks

3. Cool 40, cloudy, yesterday was gorgeous 58, sunny

4. Unsweetened corn flakes with blueberries

5. Yes. Cards, plants(no overpriced dead flowers allowed), but dinner at home.

6.32 years

7. My eyes. There used to be really long eyelashes attached, but they are thinning.....

8. Pink

9. Operation

10. No iPod

11. I get up whenever the light hits the window. Right now, about 6:45.

12. The barn is about 50 yes from the house.

13. Jackson, MS

14. Yes.

15. In the "who?" Camp.....

• litasart
    9 years ago

. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? I usually don't make resolutions, but I just read something in an article that seem to inspire me for the day. That I am going to "thrive" instead of saying I will "survive". We have been experiencing some very difficult financial happenings (sad) and we need "great changes to happen soon!!"
    2. What are you wearing? Short sleeve T-Shirt, Black leggings, soft white jacket with tennis shoes. Our house stays chilly until summer and 100!
    3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Cloudy, 64 with rain expected tonight and all day tomorrow, love the Gulf Coast!
    4. What did you eat today? Homemade Potato Soup, still hungry for something....
    5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? Yes, we have three daughters all born in the month of November! We still have a quite evening or day since my DH works from home. A little homemade fudge or reeses cups will do for friends and family.
    6. If married, how long have you been married? Our love story began in 1981, dated him for seven years and married him twice! He's always been "the one".
    7. What is your favorite feature? I've been told I have the perfect nose. But I think it's my eyes.
    8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? White, with black and denim.
    9. What is your favorite board or card game? I LOVE Yahtzee
    10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? Boz Scaggs (anything)
    11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? Since I still have a daughter in High School, who cannot wake up on her own 6am. Weekends @ 7a.m. And then I sometimes wake up around 4:30 for no reason!
    12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? Work from home.
    13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Arkansas, family reunion. I drove all the way, I loved it.
    14. Can you whistle a tune? Yes, "Dixie" usually.
    15. Seahawks or Patriots? The Patriots!

• litasart
    9 years ago

. Did you make any New Years Resolutions? If so, have you managed to keep it/them so far? I usually don't make resolutions, but I just read something in an article that seem to inspire me for the day. That I am going to "thrive" instead of saying I will "survive". We have been experiencing some very difficult financial happenings (sad) and we need "great changes to happen soon!!"
    2. What are you wearing? Short sleeve T-Shirt, Black leggings, soft white jacket with tennis shoes. Our house stays chilly until summer and 100!
    3. Hows the weather in your neck of the woods? Cloudy, 64 with rain expected tonight and all day tomorrow, love the Gulf Coast!
    4. What did you eat today? Homemade Potato Soup, still hungry for something....
    5. Do you celebrate Valentines day? How? Yes, we have three daughters all born in the month of November! We still have a quite evening or day since my DH works from home. A little homemade fudge or reeses cups will do for friends and family.
    6. If married, how long have you been married? Our love story began in 1981, dated him for seven years and married him twice! He's always been "the one".
    7. What is your favorite feature? I've been told I have the perfect nose. But I think it's my eyes.
    8. What is the predominant color in your wardrobe? White, with black and denim.
    9. What is your favorite board or card game? I LOVE Yahtzee
    10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? Boz Scaggs (anything)
    11. What time do you usually get up in the morning? Since I still have a daughter in High School, who cannot wake up on her own 6am. Weekends @ 7a.m. And then I sometimes wake up around 4:30 for no reason!
    12. If you work outside the home, how far/long is your daily commute? Work from home.
    13. Where was the last place you travelled to that was greater than 300 miles from your home? Arkansas, family reunion. I drove all the way, I loved it.
    14. Can you whistle a tune? Yes, "Dixie" usually.
    15. Seahawks or Patriots? The Patriots!

• Faron79
    9 years ago

I'll try some these!

* Gonna lose some weight, & do lotsa biking this spring/summer with my new knee!

2. What are you wearing?
    * Day off today, so my black MN-Vikings shorts & dk-gray Bison Championship t-shrt!

* Half decent! M-sunny & 30+ here in Fargo
    ! 4. What did you eat today?
    * Subway

* Out for supper usually!

* This coming Oct 3rd will be 27yrs!

* 6'3" height, broad shoulders, still good head of wavy brown/GRAY hair @53...and a new/straighter left knee LOL!

* Fairly dark, but no browns!

* Haven't played much for a while!

* No idea...but probably KISS, Angel, or AC/DC!!!

* 6:30.

* Less than 5 miles.

* Dallas/Frisco TX, for the NDSU-Bison FOURTH consecutive NCAA Football Championship on Jan. 10th!!!

* Only by pulling in air!

1. Seahawks or Patriots?
      * LOVE the Seahawks...CANNOT STAND the other team!

Faron

• runninginplace
    9 years ago

Started deciding on a life change (not really resolution) a few years ago. I try to think of a simple or single action that might change my life in a big way. 2 years ago: be on time. Last year: give up alcohol. This year: add 2 days of exercise to my weekly routine.

2. What are you wearing?

White short sleeved pullover, black NYDJ ankle slacks, loafers. Love working at an academic institution

Typical Miami winter: 80 degrees, brilliant sun, bright blue skies

Oatmeal, OJ and coffee for breakfast
    Banana mid morning snack
    Lunch at faculty club: salad, chicken w/brown rice, glazed carrots and a few bites of lunch companion's chocoloate cake

No, agree it's a Hallmark holiday

29 years

Probably the blessing of a good metabolism and genetics that keep me thin without any effort on my part

Office: black, personal: blue

Detest both

With playlists, can't say

5:30 am

Lakeland FL for my nephew's graduation in December

Absolutely; can't carry a tune singing to save my life

Only the 'Cane players. It's all about the U!

• jterrilynn
    9 years ago

1. Resolutions: I made two but not necessarily for New Years. One was no chocolate in the house after broken foot mend. I was very naughty with eating sweets while laid up. The second part of my plan is to use my new gym membership as soon as the foot will fit in my sneaker.

2. Wearing: A tan and black loose sleeveless Halston top, skinny black knee shorts and black sparkly fitflops.

3. Weather: 72 and windy.

4. Eat today: Breakfast, half a chicken breast sandwich and dried cucumbers one cup of tea one cup of coffee. Lunch, leftover shepherd’s pie. Dinner a little piece of what was left of Shepard’s pie, green beans and fresh fruit.

5. Valentines: Nope!

6. Married: A long time, don’t celebrate anniversaries either.

7. Favorite feature: I can make something out of any ole piece of junk. My legs, butt and skin are still good but my eye sight is not what it once was so who knows.

8. Predominant color: Black but normally wear something brighter with black.

9. Favorite game: Pictionary but I haven’t played in a while.

10. What is the 7th song listed on your iPod or MP3 player? I have one with no songs on it yet. Right now I’m listening to a regular plug-in RADIO lol, remember those? I don’t even have my stereo hooked up yet.

11. Wake-up time: This is a new wake-up time and it’s around 7:00. I used to get up between 9:00 and 9:30 before I started on supplements that helped with a better night’s sleep

1. If you work outside the home how long a commute: None, I work in the home.
    2. Last place you travelled: My mom’s funeral in Michigan.
    3. Whistle a tune? Yes, I’m a pretty good tune whistler.
    4. Seahawks or Patriots? I don’t even know what sport those names go with. Well I know it’s not soccer. I like soccer because it’s fast and action packed without eight hour timeouts.
  • mtnrdredux_gw
    9 years ago

Jterri,

What are dried cukes?

#7 is funny

I am sorry to hear about your Mom.

• sixtyohno
    9 years ago

1.The usual. Diet and exercise. failing so far
    2. Home today-thermal shirt and pants, nightgown on top and hoodie
    3. sunny and cold. driveway slick with ice
    4. bread and cheese, red lentil soup, Indian eggplant curry
    5. Hallmark, DH bought me gorgeous earrings 3 years ago and I wear them almost every day. He was guilty about something or other.
    6. 50 years this coming May. Obviously, I was a child bride.
    7. Lots of curly hair
    8. black and grayish greens that go with my eyes
    9. Words with Friends on my tablet- I have 8 games going today
    10. Audio books on my devise, classical music and Great American Song Book on Sonos on in the house
    11. 7 on work days, a little later on weekends
    12. 25 minutes 3 days a week
    13, San Diego and Palm Springs
    14. no
    15. what game do they play?

• Faron79
    9 years ago

This surprises me!!!

How come so few of you Gals celebrate Valentines-Day?!?!?

Faron

• missymoo12
    9 years ago

1. No resolutions
    2. Blue jeans, black long sleeve T shirt, UGG slippers.
    3. 19 and snow tomorrow?
    4. 7-grain toast with apricot jam, meatloaf, mashed spuds
    5. Usually low key on Valentines Day however it is an
    excuse for chocolate.
    6. 28 years
    7. I get compliments on my gray hair; from strangers...
    8. Black & brights in winter - white & brights in summer
    9. Backgammon
    10. I do not have a sound track to my life
    11. I'm an insomniac so it depends. Never sleep past 7.
    12. 5 miles - 15 minutes.
    13. To my childhood home - South Dakota
    14. Yes tunes, but not loud whistles for the dogs or horses
    15. Patriots by 10

• louisianapurchase
    9 years ago

1. Um, not so much.

2. At this very moment, just my jeans and black turtle neck.

3. Today was rainy, and the cold was in the process of returning.

4. I have been following an AIP diet since last June due to health issues, so my diet is quite a bit different than most. Breakfast today was bacon and apples sauteed in bacon fat, and black coffee. Lunch was grilled salmon and sweet potato fries, unsweetened tea (no sweeteners), lots of water, and haven't had dinner due to late lunch.

5. We generally swap funny cards. Sometimes flowers or dinner but not necessarily on the night of. We don't have any specific rituals just whatever life presents at the moment.

6. Married just over 20 years. Met in kindergarten! We went to separate schools first through seventh grade and came back to same school in eighth grade. We became boyfriend/girlfriend then and for the most part have been together ever since. There were some break-ups in there along the way throughout high school and college but for the most part together. The 20 years mentioned above is marriage only not HS or college. So to summarize, we have been together since dirt.

7. Hum....legs from the thighs down and feet? Never have liked my thighs. Others (esp. female friends) would say my hair but like others above, it is very, very thick and is a love/hate relationship.

8. Black and/or grays in first, denim is next, camels and Browns third. I have an aversion to a lot of color in my wardrobe.

9. Battleship or Uno as a child. Dominos, Banana Grams, Uno, Phase 10, and a couple of others I can't remember the name of.

10. Don't have an iPod or MP3. Don't have music on my phone either because I can never remember my user name or password to add an ap. pathetic I know and too busy and at times lazy to figure it out. Mostly listen to pandora on with DH's phone blue toothed to in house speaker. Current faves are "Take Me To Church" by Hozier and "Stolen Dance" by Milky Chance.

11. Depends on the day.

12. 6 miles....15-20 minutes depending on time of day.

13. Baltimore, MD

14. Cannot. Can't whistle period.

15. College sports family. Not so much professional, but the Saints are our default pro-team. Will generally pull for the team with a LSU Tiger but each one of these has one so no preference really......unless the cheating thing with footballs turns out to be true, then the Seahawks for sure.

• maddie260
    9 years ago

LOL
    2. What are you wearing?
    black Lucy everyday pants, gray cashmere sweater
    Chilly (for us) at 43
    Chinese chicken salad, one half Bistec sandwich (Cuban)
    Yes, dinner, flowers, little gifts, etc. When kids were little, always had Valentine's Day mashed potatoes (pink) and a tea party!
    33 years
    ?????
    Black and/or gray
    Apples to Apples, Monopoly, Pedro
    Wouldn't matter; I'm all over my iPod and listing order just doesn't matter
    7-8
    Not working.
    NYC
    Not at all
    ANYONE but the Seahawks - 49ers fan!

Edited for ethnic origin of sandwich!

This post was edited by maryanne3 on Fri, Jan 23, 15 at 1:48

• jakabedy
    9 years ago

No more soda! So far so good I'm one that has to go cold turkey. If I try moderation, I creep back toward too much.

2. What are you wearing?

j.jill black pants, long-sleeve T, fuzzy overshirt, slippers.

We got snow for two days, but it will be in the 40s-low 50s and sunny the rest of the week. I love western winters!

Nothing yet. It's only 5:07am!

We don't do much. We'll probably go to a nice dinner.

It was 12 years in December.

Dark curly hair, or green eyes.

Black

Pitch. It; a card game my husband's family plays. I think it's an Arkansas thing.

Hmmm. It's at work. I have no idea!

Usually 6:30. But I'm studying for the bar exam, so it's been 5 am lately (although I'm cheating by checking out GW).

9 miles. It used to be two miles before I took a different job in November. Its still nothing compared to the 30+ miles we did back before we moved to another state.

We moved from Alabama to New Mexico last year. Does that count?

I can! But I didn't learn to whistle until I was in high school.

I really don't care. We're big on college football, but I've never really followed the pros.

• Danahills
    9 years ago

1. No resolutions.
    2. I am wearing sweats, t shirt, sweater and clogs.
    3. Our weather has been absolutely wonderful for January. Today and next few days will be mid 50's. I also love western winters
    4. I have eaten a toasted thin sandwich bun with organic crunchy peanut butter and coffee, which I am still drinking
    5. No
    6. I have been married a very long time.
    7. I have been told I have nice skin
    8. I wear mostly autumn colors. I love black, but I have cats.
    9. Scrabble
    10. Blueberry Hill by Fats Domino
    11. About 7 am
    12. I am retired so no more commute
    13. San Diego
    14. Can't whistle, and can't sing.......
    15. Pats. I grew up in MA

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

This is funny, but I am surprised at how many people are wearing shoes in the house. Not because I'm worried about your floors, but just because it seems like I might be the only one who kicks off my shoes as soon as I walk in the house?!

• tinam61
    9 years ago

I didn't even notice Sue - but you are not the only one. I'm sitting here right now (at home today) bare foot. Not even socks LOL. I don't wear shoes in the house other than slippers. My hubby usually has on socks. He's a tender foot, LOL.

• pugga
    9 years ago

Nope, don't believe in them.

2. What are you wearing?

My robe and slippers.

Pretty nice today. Supposed to get up to 40 degrees, which is nice for January in Wisconsin.

A scrambled egg/fried potato hash sort of thing.

Nope.

Happily divorced for almost 24 years.

I have great eyebrows.

As much as I've been trying to get out of my rut, black.

Trivial Pursuit or Sorry.

I don't own either.

Sigh...around 5:00. Albert the Wonderpug seems unable to adjust his schedule to my recent retirement.

n/a (see above). But my former commute was about 10 minutes.

Dublin, Ireland.

Nope.

Huh?

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Sueb,
    I am only ever barefoot in bed, the shower or a pool. Even my only ever worn in the house slippers are actually Vionic brand slip-on shoes (fabulous support). I am the outlier in my family though, all my sisters, nieces and nephews are shoeless Joes. My husband also wears shoes or slippers at all times and that's his choice. We were made for each other. ❤️

That's why we don't celebrate VD, when it's meant to be and the shoe fits, you don't need Hallmark to tell you. (badum-dum, I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.)

• Sueb20
    9 years ago

Hh, you and your DH are sooooo weird.

• User
    9 years ago

I actually didn't make one, but I feel unorganized lately. I want to make the best use of all my time so back to making lists for me.
    2. What are you wearing?
    blazer, stripe shirt, floral scarf, jeans, and ...furry boot slippers. Will put boots on later.
    Snow.
    Banana. I need to eat after this. (Back to making lists for my food too!)
    Sure. I find in more recent years it seems so commercial to me that I feel almost silly to participate in the festivities. We'll probably go out for dinner though!
    7 years.
    eyelashes
    Black
    Pictionary always get us laughing.
    I don't know. I'm sure it's an Avenged Sevenfold song. I haven't listened to my iPod in quite a few years.
    Later than I should. I'm naturally a night person.
    Used to be almost an hour.
    Beach
    Yes
    Doesn't matter to me. DH will cheer for the Patriots. I like football as background noise. (I'm serious.) I like sports, but don't want to watch them on tv. I think games last WAY too long. Hours and hours and then there's another game! I don't want to sit that long.

• debrak2008
    9 years ago

For those listening to Pandora have you ever tried slacker? I used to listen to Pandora but the commercials drove me crazy. With AOL slacker, no commercials and I don't have a subscription. I think the variety of music is much better.

• diane_nj 6b/7a
    9 years ago

1. No
    2. Acid green fleece top, black sweatpants
    3. Cold, with two inches of wet, heavy snow.
    4. Scrambled eggs and a biscuit.
    5. No
    6. N/A
    7. My smile
    8. Black
    9. Connect Four, with the 12-year-old nephew
    10. I’ll list the 7th most recently played: “Mother Popcorn, Pt 1” by James Brown. MagdalenaLee, I love One Eskimo! I saw them open for Tori Amos when their first EP was released!
    11. I wake up at 5 - 5:30 AM. I get out of bed at 7.
    12. I can work from home. My company’s local office is ½ mile from my house. I go in when I need to use two monitors.
    13. Ann Arbor, MI (I am a Wolverine, Go Blue!)
    14. Yes
    15. Punt. I would love to see Seattle win two in a row. I would like to see Brady (another Wolverine) win one more, and then retire as a winner.

• hhireno
    9 years ago

Hh, you and your DH are sooooo weird.
    Probably true. Thank goodness we found each other and didn't inflict the weirdness on others.

I like football as background noise. (I'm serious.)
    The sound of a football game makes me homicidal. I hate the squeak of sneakers in basketball but football makes me really crazy. Life would be bland if we all liked or disliked the same things so it's good that variety exists. And that we know our own limits and buttons. Or that I know my limits at least.

• joaniepoanie
    9 years ago

SueB......no shoes here either. Grew up in SoCal and in those days we went barefoot almost everywhere....grocery stores, malls, etc. Can you imagine?

I kick off my shoes when I walk in the door. I do wear socks in the winter as my tootsies get cold.