Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tough news today

Posted by pesky1 (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 2:21

We were told that a dear co-worker-who was recently promoted to manager of our division-has horrible news. His wife has less than a week to live. Apparently the diagnosis was unexpected.

We're all taken aback, they have 3 younger daughters (early high school age). For some reason, it just seems so much harder to deal with a man who will lose his wife than a woman who will lose her husband. I can't explain it-I have friends that are widows-many were very young and/or had young kids when their husbands died. It's a tragedy, to be sure, but to hear of a wife dying young- or maybe it's that it's in our peer group-she's just two years older than me-that is what is difficult.

In any event, if you could please send some positive energy to KJ and his family, I'd sure appreciate that. This is a really crummy way to start out 2014.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tough news today

Such a tragedy for a young family to have to deal with. I lost my first husband in an automobile accident at 26, with 3 little ones to raise. Somehow I got thru it, but in all honesty, it took years.

How could they determine it's exactly a week? Usually there's a time frame, 1-5 weeks, 2-3 months, but to be so precise stymies me. It would almost be better if the family didn't know.

My sincerest condolences, pesky.

o

I'm so sorry to hear this and I will definitely send some comfort and courage energy their way. So heart breaking for the family....

o

such a hard situation. sending prayers

o

Praying for them, so very heartbreaking.

o

So very sad.....everyone can relate because we all know or know of someone who lost a loved one unexpectedly with young kids to raise. I hope she is not in any pain....

o

Oh how awful for that family. I hope he has been an involved father now that he will be the sole parent. Does he have other family around to help him? I think I can't even imagine my XH being in that position. He was fairly clueless about the kids lives.

o

Sending positive energy to you and your friend pesky.

o

So sorry to hear about this. Unimaginable grief for this little family. I too hope that the family has a strong support system in place. Also sorry to hear about your own earlier tragedy, patty_cakes.

o

So sorry to hear. I will keep the family in my thoughts.

o

Pesky, I am so sorry for the member of your work family. It is so sad. I wish them strength and comfort.

o

Oh how awful for that family. I hope he has been an involved father now that he will be the sole parent. Does he have other family around to help him? I think I can't even imagine my XH being in that position. He was fairly clueless about the kids lives.

o

So sorry. I will keep this family in prayer.

o

I am praying for them. that is heartbreaking.

Nancy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Home Decorating & Design Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here