Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
faron79

Can someone PLEEEEZ warm up Dallas for me?!?!?

Faron79
9 years ago

Uffda!

Checking the DFW NWS again now...

When we get there Thurs afternoon, the HIGH is only gonna be 35.....WTH?!?!??!!?
So far...they won't even hit 40....>>>

I want 65deg!!!!! Waaaaaaahhh...;-)

Faron

Comments (12)

• bragu_DSM 5
    9 years ago

send it up this way. high subzero on weds

• jmc01
    9 years ago

I was there 2 weeks ago and had the same weather. 35 will seem VERY warm compared to what you have in Fargo now. Enjoy it!

• MagdalenaLee
    9 years ago

I'm one of those Texans who relishes the cold weather. Months of over 100 in the summer is common so I look forward to feeling the cold. Therefore, I'm vetoing your request. ;-)

• patty_cakes
    9 years ago

Faron, being a 'recent' transplant for the last almost 7 years, i've found Texas weather to be fickle! It *could*, quite possibly, get to your hoped for 65 degrees, but you won't find out until you actually get there! Like MagdalenaLee, I also look forward to the cooler weather after countless days of 95-100+ days. And Faron, after coming from SD, won't it feel like spring time? I'm just sayin'............;)

• neetsiepie
    9 years ago

With all the body heat generated by THE DUCKS fans, you wont have to worry about being cold.

• zzackey
    9 years ago

I'd rather be hot than cold! We're getting socked with cold weather soon. Nights in the 20's and 30's. It was 80 degrees here on Sat. and Sun. Way above normal for us. I enjoyed wearing shorts. :-)

• lascatx
    9 years ago

When I lived there last (before DH and I were married) we had ice and snow and it didn't get above freezing for days - about a week as I remember. I had three frozen pipes crack under my house. Fortunately the dripping pipes that stopped dripping told me to turn the water off at the main shutoff so I didn't have any other damage. Doesn't sound like this will be quite that bad. Hope not. DS has to go back to school sometime next week -- we'll be watching the weather. Try to stay warm.

• nhbaskets
    9 years ago

Faron, will the cold weather have an impact on your team? Their use to playing in a dome where it's warm. Illinois State plays outside, as do my UNH Wildcats. When they beat us in the semis at UNH, it was in the 30s. Maybe you need to start practicing with the heat turned down. Enjoy your trip south.

• bpath
    9 years ago

Faron, I'm afraid I have to withdraw my support for the Bison. DS is a Redbird so I gotta follow the tuition. But, I feel for ya in Dallas. I lived there 15 years and while winter is short, it can hurt. Nothing is set up for it, especially not the roads.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Hey gang!

Now in "Big D"!
    Lotsa Bison Fans at the Marriot here!

Weather could be "better" here, but no snow, etc. yet! NWS says 33 here now.
    Bison have been practicing here since Wed. They practiced mostly outside in Fargo b4 coming here anyway.

I suppose I wouldn't be able to get a tour of the "Palace in Dallas" tomorrow anyway, with all that going on! DW & DD have no interest in that of course....LOL!

Rented a nice Buick Lacrosse down here!

There's a big Bison pep-rally at the Allen Events-Center tomorrow night. That'll be fun...and crowded! They were aiming for selling ~~ 8,500 tickets. Haven't heard the sales yet. They say they're quite well stocked with food & "spirits"! Several hundred pounds of meat cooking now I guess!!!!

Faron

• texanjana
    9 years ago

Have fun, Faron. Brrrr, it's cold here in Texas.

• Faron79
    Original Author
    9 years ago

It WAS cold in Texas!!!

Brrrr...that game was a chilly one! We were layered-up, but when you're standing in one spot for 95% of the game, the cold just sinks in! The warmest it got was 38 I think!!!
    Hell...we're gonna be that temp waaaaayy up here late next week!!

At least it was all for a pleasant outcome...;-)

Faron