Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mail order places?

Posted by donnar57 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 13, 08 at 19:35

Is there a recommended place with a lot of different cross-stitch patterns for sale, either a catalog or website? I used to deal with a place out of Virginia that no longer exists (to my knowledge). And frankly, eBay has been a disappointment - one cross-stitch pattern I ordered came on four separate sheets in B&W and I can hardly read it. (It was partially my fault; I should have read the small print to see that this was a COPY not a new or even used professionally printed chart.)

Trying to get back into cross-stitching,

DonnaR/CA

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mail order places?

http://www.123stitch.com/
beware of the message board, it's brutal

o

Barnes and Nobles carry magazines from England and Australia which have so many neat patterns. Check garage sales, used book stores that carry magazines, some thrift shops also carry them, just type Counted Cross Stitch on google and you will be surprised how much is there.
I have been downsizing my stuff and gotten rid of lots.

o

www.123stitch is the best place I know and you can't beat how speedy her shipping is and she is very nice to deal with and has everything you could want and if not she can get it. Mary

o

can anyone tell me about monk's cloth and what you do with it? thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here