Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bearpaw_gw

ott light worth the price?

bearpaw
18 years ago

I need more light LOL. I've seen the ad on TV about the Ott light and read about it in magazines. Do you or someone you know own one of these and does it work as well as it says. You get the floor lamp, task lamp and extra bulb for the task lamp for approx. $90.00 plus shipping (about $40.00 it looks like) I was wondering if JoAnn Fabrics might be worth looking into, I have a 40% off coupon. I would really appreciate any input you may have on the light. TIA Peggy

Comments (3)

• MBarbee
    18 years ago

I bought a generic light that looks just like the Ott light. I bought it from Walmart several months ago for about $40. It is great. I can see my cross-stitch so much better. I even use it for reading. It is a floor lamp style. I'm just worried if the light bulb should burn out I'm not sure if an Ott light would replace it or not. OH, well I'll have to face that road when I get to it. If I hadn't found this light I was going to buy one at Joann's with my 40% off coupon. Good luck
    Mary Ann

• jypsy1958
    18 years ago

I have one of the Ott Lights and I love it. I bought mine with a 50% off coupon. I would never stitch with out it again. It really makes a huge difference.

• bearpaw
    Original Author
    18 years ago

Thank you ladies for you input. I did buy an ott light and use it to cross stitch, quilt and read. I'm glad I got one. I had my doubts but after reading your responses I went ahead and got one. Would recommed it to everyone. Thank you both so much. Peggy