Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recommendations Please

Posted by bporter (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 28, 05 at 2:33

I hope that y'all cam help me! I am interested in books or designers that are SIMPLE. They don't have to be quick or small (I would likd for the to be a nice size, at least 8 X 10 and up), I just want to find some patterns that have these qualities:

1. I don't have to change thread colors too often(at least I get to use up an entire peice of thread before changing colors)
2. Don't have to do any backstitching
3. Don't have to make any stitch except for whole cross stitches (I don't even care for the half stitches)

I want to start doing cross stitch again, but I got burned out before ont projects that were too much trouble.

I love samplers, country and folk art patterns. I know that samplers will probably be the best thing for me right now. I don't have a need for anything that is directed to a newly married couple, birth of a child, or any specific family member (Can you tell that I just bought a book that has lots of samplers, but none I want to use?) Scriptures are good, though, and most any other sayings.I live in a small, rural community and am probably going to buy patterns online. I do live close to a Wal Mart so I can get my thread with out any problem!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! A specific designer or book would help me narrow down my search.

Thanks alot!!!
Betty

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recommendations Please

Unfortunately all the designs require the above to really look good. YOu might start by doing small sections from the center out, walk away a bit, go back to the project, and repeat as necessary. It breaks everything down into smaller sections so you don't feel overwhelmed by the whole design--after a while, the whole design blooms. I also do my backstitching as I go along so I don't have to go back at the end to do all the backstitching...only took once to learn that lesson.

o

In case anyone is interested, I found just what I was looking for in an old Better HOmes and Garderns sampler book. Many, simple designs, wome with only a few colors. I am now working one a beautiful sampler that uses only two shades of blue.
Betty

o

You could try doing sillouettes also. They can be done in just one color and you can make your own designs.

beverly

o

There is a computer program where you make up your own patterns.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here