Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bporter_gw

Recommendations Please

bporter
18 years ago

I hope that y'all cam help me! I am interested in books or designers that are SIMPLE. They don't have to be quick or small (I would likd for the to be a nice size, at least 8 X 10 and up), I just want to find some patterns that have these qualities:

1. I don't have to change thread colors too often(at least I get to use up an entire peice of thread before changing colors)

2. Don't have to do any backstitching

3. Don't have to make any stitch except for whole cross stitches (I don't even care for the half stitches)

I want to start doing cross stitch again, but I got burned out before ont projects that were too much trouble.

I love samplers, country and folk art patterns. I know that samplers will probably be the best thing for me right now. I don't have a need for anything that is directed to a newly married couple, birth of a child, or any specific family member (Can you tell that I just bought a book that has lots of samplers, but none I want to use?) Scriptures are good, though, and most any other sayings.I live in a small, rural community and am probably going to buy patterns online. I do live close to a Wal Mart so I can get my thread with out any problem!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! A specific designer or book would help me narrow down my search.

Thanks alot!!!

Betty

Comments (4)

Sponsored