Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lighting While You Stitch

Posted by Cherryfizz (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 05 at 17:54

What kind of lighting do use to do your stitching.

I am finding incandescent lightbulbs harder to stich under and it doesn't provide me the light I need no matter what the wattage. I love sitting on the porch in the summer to stitch but I can only do that for a short time.

Anne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lighting While You Stitch

My father got me one of those "daylight" lights that you see advertised in magazines. It has been a godsend for my aging eyes!

o

I only stitch in daylight. My living room has lots of windows, so I always sit in there.

o

I was watching the Shopping Channel the other night and they had lights called Ott lights. I have never ordered anything from the shopping channel so I will look around in the stores. These lights give off a light similar to daylight, probably like the one Lionors, who posted above has.

Today was my last day in Toronto and if I had known there was a Needlework, Stitchery and Craft Event at the Convention Centre I would have gone. The last day is Sunday and I will be on the train back to Windsor.

Anne

o

First Street has a fairly large selection of daylight lamps. I have purchased several for different rooms in my house and love them for neelework and reading. They do not light a large area but are great for direct lighting over a limited area. Colors are very true and print is so much easier to read. Get the highest wattage available. It is worth the extra money.

o

I use this ionmax natural light desk lamp, DF3028 whenever i stitch, it has a sensor blue light which notifies us if the lighting in the room is not enough, so you just have to switch it on, its bendable to a lot of angles so easier for me to direct the light to what i'm doing. its brighter to compare with the other lights im using at home.

o

I have and use Ott lights,have the floor model next to my stitching chair,and have a table top one by my sewing machine.

Nice to see you here Cherry!!
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here