Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ok,fess up,what are you working on?

Posted by nookie (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 19, 05 at 5:12

Hi everyone!

Well now that I'm finished knitting a gorgeous (if I do say so myself lol) blanket for my DD's bed I'm going back to my first love. Right now I'm secretly working on a piece for my DH for x-mas. It's the signs for family in japanese surrounded with cherry blossoms. He's currently learning japanese on his own and is obsessed with anything japanese.
When he's around I pull out a magnificent chicken set on a quilt background that my Dsis gave to me. I love that piece but have had to modify it a little. The number of threads per stitch is never the same and some colors ask for 5 threads at a time!! There is just no way I can do that without crushing the threads in my hoop. So I've decided to do no more than a maximum of 3 threads and see how that goes. I've tried using scroll frames many times but can't seem to get that two hand coordination thing going. I have a stupid lift hand lol and it takes me 3 times longer trying to use both hands than using a hoop and just one.

So now that I shared my projects , would anyone like to share theirs?

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ok,fess up,what are you working on?

Karen, your Japanese project sounds nice.

I would be lost without my scroll frames. I have about 4 different projects on different frames and just interchange them on my stand when I need a break from one project.

Right now I am working on last years Christmas decorations from the Just Cross Stitch magazine. My friend's son who is a multi-millionaire liked a decoration I did for his Mother about 5 years ago. He is really artsy-fartsy and wants his Christmas tree in his city home to be decorated with these type of decorations so he buys all my supplies and pays me to stitch them for him. I average about $25 a decoration. David says he gets lots of compliments on the decorations. They are not my designs but I stitched them. LOL

I am also working on a sampler from a book of British designs.

Anne

o

i mostly knit, but my husband wanted me to make him a cross stitched christmas stocking. it's called peaceful evening, by dimensions.

it's pretty hard, being that the fabric is so dark, i hope i can finish it.

if you want to see the finished product, click on this link, and scroll down.

Here is a link that might be useful: peaceful evening

o

What a great site nibblin!! Thanks for the link.

Karen
who's checking out that site :o)

o

I'm working on a Christmas sampler. The pattern was in an old magazine, but it was skewed and incomplete, so I had to redraw parts of it. The directions didn't give numbers for floss colors, so I had to guess.

The part I've finished so far looks pretty good.

o

I finally finished one I have worked on intermitantly for 10 years. It is a mirabilia pattern called the rose of sharon. Except with the dress done in pinks.
I am now finishing a smaller dragonfly design and I am trying to find another. A cross my heart dragonfly pattern if anyone knows where I can get it closer to my home than Australia or if anyone knows their website. I also have several crocheted dolls on the go. But I kinda lost my drive on them when the design of the dolls was updated from Paradise Dolls. And then there is the projects I no longer acknowledge.

o

I am working on L&L the wedding and almost have the flower girl done and so much more to go.

Here is a link that might be useful: L&L The Wedding

o

I am working on my own peronalised christmas cards.

If anyone can share some ideas contact me at
g.cahill@carlow.teagasc.ie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here