Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cross stitching over afghan stitch

Posted by browland314 (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 26, 13 at 13:26

I have a pattern for the Atlanta Falcons logo that has a grid size of 112 W X 105 H . What size do I have to make the crocheted afghan stitch to accommodate this pattern?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cross stitching over afghan stitch

I'm sorry that nobody has stopped in to answer your question. And by now, you probably have answered the question yourself. I don't usually visit the cross stitch section. I do visit the knit section often enough, though. Nobody can give you an answer as to measurement for the afghan, because your gauge will determine width. Each afghan stitch equals a square on the grid. You will need to make the afghan 112 stitches wide and add an equal number of stitches on each side to give you whatever space you want for "empty" space around the logo. The same goes for the top. And how large that space should be is entirely up to your tastes.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here