Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Better Homes & Garden Book?

Posted by Kris_Zone6 (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 6, 05 at 17:45

Does anybody know the name of the Better Homes & Garden Cross Stitch book that has all the heirloom stockings in it? Thanks for your help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Better Homes & Garden Book?

The heirloom stockings are in a magazine from Better Homes and Gardens called Cross Stitch Christmas. There were 5 stockings in the 1990 issue. Then one stocking in each of the July/Aug 1991, July/Aug 1992 ,July/Aug 1993 and Aug. 1996 issues of Cross Stitch and Country Crafts Magazine. I am not sure but I think they were also published again in another book putting them all together. I have the magazines so I didn't really pay much attention to the book when it came out, I just have a vague memory that it was published.

o

It is the actual book I am looking for, but it is rather hard when I don't know the name of it.

o

It's called "Heirloom Stockings in Cross Stitch" from Better Homes & Gardens. It was re published a couple of years ago and is available through most major online book stores. It is also available on ebay, but since some do not know the book was rereleased, are paying obscene amounts of money on it.

o

I looked in some of my back issue magazines and found the book advertised in Oct 1995. The book is a hardcover called "Heirloom Christmas Stockings in Cross Stitch". It has the first 9 stockings from 1985-1991. Ebay also has a number the the magazines if you need them for cutting out to lay flat.

o

Thanks everyone, I have now ordered the book.

o

Does anyone have a copy of the 1990 issue of BH&G Cross Stitch Christmas? There is a pattern in there titled "A Merry Wreath". The saying in the center (done on wgite Aida cloth) is "Christmas is holly with berries of red & the fragrance of warm gingerbread. The front cover has a christmas stocking on it.

I made this wreath when my mom was still living and it is a great memory for me and my son! It has hung on my front door every year. It was in need of some updating this year of ribbon etc and when I went to take it apart, the hot glue I had used stuck hard to the wreath and now I can't use the counted cross stitch inset.

My front door is bare without this beautiful wreath.

Being a single mom of a son with special needs money is tight but I would like to remake this wreath and get it back on my door. I made it when my mom was still living so it has great sentimental value for me and my son! Thanks!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here