Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Selling finished projects

Posted by kdoty2002 (My Page) on
Sun, May 30, 04 at 22:35

I was wondering if any could tell me how much I could sell something that I cross stitched. Does anyone by any chance do this? If so could you Please give me an idea of how I should sell them for.

Thaqnk You
Kaneka

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Selling finished projects

Depends a lot on whether you want to sell it, or whether you want to make some money. Generally, if you were commissioned to do the work, it's a penny a stitch, plus all materials. But from everything I hear, people rarely get their money's worth on something like that because people don't value XS the way the needleartist does.

o

I sell little stuff at holiday craft sales once in a blue moon. But...theres no money in it. If you figure out the time it took you to do it....you loose money. Lately I have been saving to give as gifts to those who truly appreciate all that went into the project

o

Very little market, alas. Charge by the st (1c or 2c if there are tricky threads) or by the finished piece. Price is btw you and buyer. You might try selling on eBay.
mb

o

I have never tried to sell anything I made, but I would imagine you need to be aware of any copyright restrictions on selling if you didn't design the picture yourself.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here