Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Never ending....always start big!

Posted by queensharbot (My Page) on
Fri, May 27, 05 at 7:19

When I first decided to quilt I bought a cheap sewing machine, picked out an extremely complicated star pattern from a Georgia Bonsteel book and completed a queen sized bed spread, complete with bed flaps around all sides....

now I have decided to try cross stitch....

first project - 2002 Dimensions gold santa tree skirt....three years on and I am finally working on santa number 5.

Never give up, never surrender!

What is your never ending project?
(I have lots of other projects and gardening always on the go)!

QS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Never ending....always start big!

QS - when I was in college my MIL-to-be showed me a catalog of fraternity logo stuff for the honorary frat my DH to be was in...one of the items was a cross stitch rendition of the frat sheild - not many colors, but quite a large and complex design. I had never cross stitched anything, but I got the kit anyway! It came out pretty good! Just a couple of months ago I finished a mirror frame that looks like stained glass. It was four years in progress, partly b/c it's on 18 ct black fabric, and partly b/c it was BORING! Anyway, put my nose to the grindstone and finally finished it. I just recently started a xst for my DH of a large sailing ship in an oval frame, with a map of ancient England in the background. I think it's about 18 X 24 when finished.

(I do occasionally do a small, reasonable project, too! :D)

o

rofl... yeah, yeah :)

had a friend move to Austin like 5 years ago who just came up for a visit, and there is the guest room is a petit point that I started the year she left - it's huge, 16x30, with 20 solid colors and 20 blends.

I got 30% of it done the first year, and then freaked out and stuffed it in a closet while we found and bought a house, packed, cleaned, painted, and I found it while unpacking...

now, it gives me something to do on mornings it's too wet/cold to go biking or garden. and DH isn't awake yet :)

o

ha ha ha ha ...they are allllll never ending.....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here