Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old charts

Posted by xstch_addict (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 23, 04 at 8:59

Where is the best place to look for charts that maybe out od print? And does anyone know how long the 'shelf' life of any particulatr pattern is? Do some have longer appeal than others? ..
mom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old charts

try www.oldstitch.com. they have gently used leaflets as well as magazines. R U looking for anything in particular? Maybe some one here can help you.

HTH

o

Flea markets! Around here every flea market has at least one booth with boxes of them. If you live in a area where flea markets abound you should have a look. Nancy

o

I agree Flea Markets are a wonderful place to find some of those old hard to find patterns.

o

The O & I auction has lots of old charts and magazines. Most of them go for $1.00 Look for 4dogs-- she has many, many of the old charts for sale.

o

If flea markets are unavailable to you, I've found Ebay to be a good source. There are other online locations, but if it's a popular designer, they regularly show up there.

o

Two sites I found that have old patterns are listed below.
http://www.oldstitch.com/
http://www.adamsusedbooks.net/
The old stitch site has a search function but adams books you have to actually go through each page. Old stitch also has some specials. I also use ebay to check for old patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: Old Stitch

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here