Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help, Need Pattern

Posted by gjbmil (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 17, 05 at 2:42

I am looking for a pattern from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts 1988 or 1989 called "The Tea Party". It was featured on the cover of the magazine and has a little girl having a tea party with her dolls/stuffed animals. I have an OLD xerox copy of this pattern but I would like to have the book and colored pattern. If any one can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Thank you so much!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help, Need Pattern

I have every issue for 88 and 89 and don't see that on the cover. That does sound familiar a little so maybe it's in another old issue. I have some other years hear and can check later and let you know. Once you find the right issue you will most likely be able to find it on e-bay. I bought these at a yard sale last summer and I have only gone through half of them and I am not parting with them just yet.

o

I want to thank you all so much for your help in finding this pattern and especially acraftylady, who was just awsome in scanning and sending me the pattern. It is coming along beautifully and I am loving every minute of doing this darling pattern, for my daughter. Thank you again :)

o

Glad you got what you needed, too bad it was done illegally.

o

Oh give me a break, its not as if the magazine company or the pattern designer will get any money for it now years later even if it was resold. They get paid once for anything they sell anything after that they don't see a dime. Its only money in the original owner and the one after that and the one after that and after that ect ect, anyways its only money in their pockets. The magazines from 88 and 89 aren't being sold anymore on the shelves just on ebay and the likes.

o

keep archive copies of every pattern I've ever used, ye never know when a grandbaby will pop up with the family gift for crafting, and want to add pillowcases to match a bedspread, or napkins to match the table runner I made to go with the seder tablecloth that my grandmother handed down (half finished, I might add) to my mother.

if copying things for private use were really illegal, then xerox machines would be strictly regulated, and used book sites would be unheard of (or strictly black market)

the fact is that there is a provision in the laws for private use that amounts to common sense for us common folks.

the recent 'file sharing' nonsense has totally distorted copyright law in most people's minds- of course, I remember when they tried to restrict the sale of blank cassette tapes for just this reason, and the courts laughed at them...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here