Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finding patterns in stores?

Posted by Irishdancersgram (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 24, 05 at 19:03

Has anyone noticed or is it just me, but not too many stores have the cross stitch book/booklets any more? In the past, I've always been able to find certain books, but now you mostly have to get them on line....We do have 1 shop close to me, but her prices are sky high and then she doesn't always have what you need....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finding patterns in stores?

It seems to me that it is getting harder and harder to find supplies for any kind of needle work. I don't think there are many women who like to do things like this any more. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have my needle work. For me, it is very relaxing at the end of the day to work on cross stitch, knitting, crocheting, tatting, Bolivian lace etc. Plus, it keeps me off the streets and out of trouble. Vique.

o

I was feeling the same way about not being able to find any books! Then I found out that this lady opened an all cross stitch store! I was so excited. She's not to expensive and she will order anything for you. She's very nice. I went in there and got the two new care bear books, Landmarks of America, Snowmen book (cant remember title), and a pooh book and it was like $40. I thought that was pretty cheap. So now I go in there all the time. :)

Cat

o

Needlework is alive and well.Just go over to www.123stitch.com and you'll find lots and lots of ladies and a few men still doing it,and they can lead you to all kinds of places to find stuff.
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here