Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My wonderful find!

Posted by peggy555 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 18, 09 at 16:21

I just had a fantastic find and thought "who could I tell". Then I knew I had to tell the only people who would understand, other crossstitchers.

While cleaning out my craft supplies, getting ready for a yard sale, I found a old wicker chest under a bunch of stuff. When I opened it, there inside was a treasure trove of cross stitch supplies! I thought I was going to faint! Over 20 years ago I worked in a fabric shop that also carried cross stitch supplies. I bought loads of it over the year or so I was there, and then couldn't remember where I'd stashed it. I found full yard pieces, different colored packaged pieces, some gingham squares and other decorated squares for pillows, waste canvas, perforated paper, and even some of the vinyl type paper. There were several different size of hoops, needles, etc. I couldn't believe they looked as if I had just put them in the chest. No yellowing, etc.

I also found all my knitting needles, and my crochet hook set, plus a set I didn't even know I had (unfortunately I've bought replacements). There was also several crochet thread balls, that I can use right now on a project I'm starting.

I'm thrilled and just had to tell someone!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My wonderful find!

How exciting! That's wonderful that you found it! Now you have too many goodies to chose from :D

Kate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here