Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DMC and Anchor conversions

Posted by Nixie13 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 9, 05 at 15:17

I was wondering if someone could tell me where to find a site that has DMC to Anchor (or visa versa) conversions, I used to have a paper one that was free in the store but its gotten used and beaten up a few too many times. The DMC site is really of no use before someone tries to tell me that one, unless you know something I don't know, they have the number and the colour that they named it but each company names them slightly differently, one could be tangerine and the other orange. OK enough of my rambling if someone could help me that would be great.

Bernice

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DMC and Anchor conversions

Just something else if people wouldn't mind helping me out with, if any one has heard of WRC (White Rose Colours) and has a conversion chart, this was a floss that was made by/coloured by White Rose the craft store, it closed down here in London Ontario but I don't know if there are anymore out there. I have a lot of floss let over from there but I can't really use it unless I make my own patterns and fit them in for my own colours. Thanks

Bernice

o

You go by the numbers and not the names when converting. If you print the chart out at the DMC site (reminds me, have to print out their charts, lost my copies) and use the numbers, you will have no difficulty. You were on the right track to start and somehow got sidelined with names.

Floss colors are like paint chip samples, the numbers remain the same, the formula remains the same, and the companies change the color names to suit their marketing whims. When I went to get more paint of the same color, the company had changed the way they displayed the colors and changed the names....that did not deter me because I kept the paper paint chip with the number on it and got the color I wanted. The same goes with floss colors...go by the number and not the name because every company has a different name for the same shade.

o

Stitchntime9,
I realize I have to go by the numbers when converting, I just need to know a site that has a copy of the conversions, I can't seem to find one. I need to get a DMC number colour for #860 Anchor and if I can find a conversion chart for WRC floss that would be great cause I have tons of that kicking around from before they closed down.

Bernice

o

Here is a website that converts Anchor to DMC. Hope this is what your looking for.
http://www.yarntree.com/018anchc.htm

o

You need #522 in DMC floss. This is part of a series that goes light or dark on either side of the number so you may want to use a blended thread to get the effect you want.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here