Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
does everyone do this?

Posted by tonyajb5253 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 15:01

I am new to this board and have really enjoyed reading the post..both old and new!

I was just wondering if everyone is like me and starts a bunch of patterns all at once! I have 3 Thomas Kinkaide projects that are 11x14 started for christmas gifts, 2 projects that are 5x7, and 4 quilt squares for LoveQuilts that are all due 7-1-06. That doesn't even count the 2 afghans that are half-crocheted! lol

I have a seperate baggie for each project and just decide which one I feel like working on at that moment. Sometimes work on all of them for a short time during the day!

Anyway...again, you all have a great forum here! Keep posting as I love to read them all.
Happy Stitching to all!
Tonya

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: does everyone do this?

I do it too, I get bored very easily, so I have various xstitches "in progress".

o

I have been here a couple of years but am always entertained. I have four cabins, three barns, one rose and some special gifts going all at once. Nice to have you on board. Rose

o

How funny! I have a birth announcement, a Statue of Liberty, a quilt cross stitch pattern from a magazine, and I have just started a towel series from the Design Connection. Mine, too, are in nice ziplock bags. I am relieved to know that I am not the only one who suffers burnout. I am hopeful that I will not take up another project any time soon!

It's madness. The birth announcement was started when I learned I would have a new niece almost 3 years ago. I designed it myself around the John Lennon "Real Love" collection, it's about 75% complete, but I've not been able to complete it! Now I have a nephew due next month and know I have to start something for him, too.

It's nice to know that I am not alone!

o

Don't feel bad, everyone does it.

I've been working on Hummel pictures for the past 20 years with 19 done and 16 framed and hung on one wall for a Hummel haven, 3 were gifts--won't go into the ones started, half, 3/4 and just about done. That doesn't include the clothes sewing, home dec I'm now doing as a break from clothes sewing, the crocheted afgan I've been fighting with for the last 10 years and lost one panel somewhere, one other 3/4th complete...and the other cross stitch and embroidery projects I have going.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here