Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bronte Needlework

Posted by rose2to6 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 06 at 12:57

In researching the famous Bronte sisters and their works in literature, I have discovered a bit of interesting information. I believe that these sisters stitched cross-stitch/needlework samplers. I would like to locate patterns of these samplers, and re-create them for decorating my home. I would appreciate any assistance in locating these patterns. THANK YOU.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bronte Needlework

Hello Rose!
I LOVE literature, history, England, needlework, etc.
Do a Google or whatever search and search with Bronte, Haworth Yorkshire, etc. I found a Bronte society with a forum! One can visit the Bronte house, so maybe someone on the forum could tell you what needlework may be hanging on the walls of the house. I would dig, dig, dig and possibly you can find the info you want. If someone in the forum has read any of the Brontes' journals, maybe a design of a work may be mentioned.
I have a friend who went to Yale to research an author and read his journals and knew what he did day by day practically. Research is so great!
Good luck. Let us know what you find!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here