Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quality of Cross Stitch Kits

Posted by amart45 (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 15, 06 at 11:45

I just started working on a new CS project and I do not like the fabric that was included with the Kit. I don't seem to be getting that nice tight tufted look in my stitches. I have compared it to my other projects using Charles Craft Aida and DMC threads and definitely see a difference. Has anyone found that some of these CS kits use less expensive threads and fabrics. I plan to replace the fabric, but not sure if I need to also replace the threads. This project is 11 X 14, and I would not want to do all this work and not be happy with the finish product!
What would you do?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quality of Cross Stitch Kits

It seems a shame to waste the whole project. Cna you email the company and tell them you arent happy? I havent had this problem ever--but I keep with my favorite companys. cathy

o
RE: Quality of Cross Stitch Kits

I recently worked on a Janlynn kit and had problems with the thread knotting up on me, even though the thread was not twisted. I contacted the company by email who offered to send me more thread. Since I had finished the project, I asked for another kit to do for our new grandson's birth. They sent me another kit, which I am currently working on. This time the thread is not knotting up AS BAD. Definetly contact the company, and it you cannot get satisfacation then think about purchasing new Aida cloth, and thread you are satisfied with. You also might find a link on their website to exchange color numbers from theirs to DMC. Good Luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here