Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
budster_gw

This site has become a catalogue of wants and haves....

budster
20 years ago

so for a change of pace. Whatcha stitching out there? Me I'm working on my geranium picture..a thrift store find that someone started and didn't know how to cross stitch...I pulled out the bit incorrectly done and restarted. the kit was complete other than a few threads and came with a hoop, instructions etc. Next? Anyone?

Comments (29)

• nookie
    20 years ago

I'm working on a old world teddybear kit that I bought while visiting the states this summer. They are SO much cheaper there than here(France). Almost 3 times cheaper! For the first time in more than a year I'm doing something for myself and I'm loving every minute of it!

• angelwing
    20 years ago

I'm doing the Christmas Faerie.Thanks for asking

• irishdancersgram
    20 years ago

Well, there's a couple projects in the works. I'm putting a Scotty Dog design on towels, making an Irish Blessing for another friend and anxious to get started on a Christmas stocking for a grand daughter.

• cathytx3
    20 years ago

I'm working on some plastic canvas coasters (hearts). I've got a tree-skirt that I've been doing for God knows how long. I'm also working on a Baby's First Christmas ornament for a girl at work. Of course, everytime I go into my stash of patterns, I see something else I want to get started but have to be patient. I have sooooo many UFOs as it is!!!

• ginam805
    20 years ago

Hi,
    What a great post! I am stitching a Christmas stocking of Dopey for my aunt.
    Thanks for asking!
    Gina

• Pattyc1
    20 years ago

I'm working on finishing up a christmas kitten looking
    out a window at birds. After that I want to work on one of my MANY butterfly kits I have. Whenever I see a new one at JoAnn's or Michaels I have to snatch it up. I bought most of them at a store in Solvang when we were vacationing there.

this is a nice change of pace find out what others are doing.Thanks for asking

• kathi_mdgd
    20 years ago

I'm working on and almost done with one of a series of 4 of "seasonal Scenes by Sandy Gore Evans.Hope to have it done by the middle of next week.I'm doing the spring one.
    Kathi

• sthompson
    20 years ago

I am working on Floral pictures from the book "Oriental Odessey". The best book I ever bought. I also have about 10 other kits on the go. It's like drawing with threads.

Sheila

• Pattyc1
    20 years ago

After I'm finished with my "snowed in kitten" I'd like to do something for a friend of mine who just got engaged. Something with their name and date of engagement and a nice romantic poem. I also want to stitch up an afghan for my mom for Mother's Day. So many possibilities so little time.
    Thats what I love about cross stitching the there is ALWAYS something to do.

• blueyedtigress
    20 years ago

I am working on L&L summer Angel...however I also have BNR little wings in progress :)

• JuneW
    20 years ago

Good to read what everyone is doing for cross stitching! I'm working on the Christmas 2004 tree hangs and have just completed #5. I give them as gifts to about 20 people each year. Each one takes around 7-9 hours but by starting early for a change, it won't be such a hassle to get them done in November and December :-). So far have done an old-fashioned dressed gal skating (hands in a muff), a boy skating in his knickers (with hands behind his back, scarf flying out back),a manger scene, Merry Christmas in bright letters in a circle and a snowman with the letter E on it (for our new granddaughter Elyse). My problem is I can't find any craft stores in our area that carry the 4-5" round frames you see them mounted in in the cross stitch books.

• spage1
    20 years ago

I'm still working on The Tea Party. It is a little girl having a tea party with her dolls and stuffed animals. Very detailed and I get easily frustrated, lose my place often do to all the different stitches. Her face has just about put me over the edge. I wanted to have it done for my grand daughters 1st birthday, didnt happen so Im shooting for the 2nd. If I EVER finish it I will be sure to post a pic. Happy stitching.

• marmite
    20 years ago

at the moment im doing titania queen of the fairies,which is a challenge as it has beads,crystal treasure and kreinik thread but im enjoying it so far how about everyone else

• quarterstitch
    20 years ago

Long time no post for me (a year, maybe two?). Great question! I am doing a heart quilt block from a magazine. It's very easy but so pretty! Can't wait to finish it so I can start another:)

• kdoty2002
    20 years ago

This is a very good question. I am working on a Bear in a rocking horse for my son. After I am done with that I hope to start Christmas Gifts and a Tractor cross Stitch for my son. I have a lot of things that I really want to do but, like someone else said lots to do and so very little time to do it all in.

• Eventine
    20 years ago

I'm working on two projects both designed by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. Garden Alphabet and Kitchen Alphabet. Took me a while to start (lots of different flosses and some guesswork as to size of fabric), but both are coming along nicely now that I've STARTED. I expect to finish Kitchen Alphabet sometime in the early Summer, but Garden Alphabet will take longer (still being released 2 letters at a time). My Mom just bought me a cross-stitch magazine subscription, so I plan to do some things out of there also.

• xstch_addict
    20 years ago

I'm working on one of Alma Lynnes Sassy Stitchers, 'Sadie Stashalotsky" ,heaven only knows what I'll do with it when it's done...I don't particularly want to hang it in my living room because it is so big...but I couldn't resist the chart because of the sentiment it embodies!It is fun to stitch.

And of course...there's also that list of ' want to do's :)

• fastolds
    20 years ago

I just finished an apple pie on a dish towel. Now, I am working on a set of potholders with apples. I hope to have them finished before April 25 (that's the day I need them), but who knows.

Only time will tell!!

• notjannaz10
    20 years ago

I'm working on the perforated paper tree ornament "do-dads" I couldn't finish last Christmas...

And the other day, in a thrift shop, I found a whole batch of assorted floss for 15 cents a skein. When I got it home and started sorting through it, I found about a third of it was that wonderful Star brand floss they quit making. Was I happy or what?!!!!!

Jann

• littlerunt816
    19 years ago

I am working on an american eagle sitting on a flag pole. It is really neat. Has the words God Bless American over it.

• pern123
    19 years ago

i am being ambitious this month..started a birthday present for my hubby..dimensions MAJESTIC EAGLE a 16x9" piece which is the largest i have tried being a newbie.....so far so good.

• msmeow
    19 years ago

I am working on a stained glass mirror design that was supposed to be SIL's Christmas gift 3 years ago...maybe this year!

It's been a while since this message was first posted - how are you all doing on finishing any of these wonderful projects? :)

• tamara1949
    19 years ago

I've been working on a 16 x 20 picture of my daughter that I started 6 or 7 years ago -- from a photo run through a computer program (PS Stitch I think). Luckily, she hasn't changed that much over the years! All I have left is background--so-o-o-o boring. I should really try finish it pretty soon because I have another daughter's photo to do too!

• budster
    Original Author
    19 years ago

I'm back......and now I'm just setting up to start a chart called "Quiet Cove".....I found the kit at a sale quite reasonable....and reminds me of a fishing village on Canada's east coast ..complete with small boats, seagulls and lobster traps. Thanks to whoever brought this back to the top....come on stitchers what are you doing during the warm summer days and nights stitching wise. budster.

• kidzrmybiz
    19 years ago

I just finished a project for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary next month. I'm about 1/2 done with the free EMS boy rattle for my new nephew. I have joined the Angel Quilt Project and a bookmark exchange so will start working on projects for them and I am to become a grandma for the first time in January so I will be stitching for him or her. Busy Busy Busy

• revaschorus
    19 years ago

I HAVE JUST FINISHED A BABY DRAGON SLEEPING IN A TEACUP FOR MY SON.I STUMBLED ONTO "THE MAD BLUEBIRD" ON CLEARANCE IN A SHOP AND AM SOOO TICKLED TO FIND IT! THAT'S MY UPCOMING PROJECT AFTER MY SON GOES TO SCHOOL NEXT MONTH.

• saraemmasmom
    19 years ago

I'm finally working on a very old pattern from Prairie Schooler-"The Three Bears". Have had the materials for years, just never got around to it. Determined to have it finished by summer's end.
    Dale

• Patriz
    19 years ago

I'm cross stitiching a sampler pattern made in 1890 by Elizabeth Hailstones in Scotland. The original is hanging in the Smithsonian under A Nation of Nations.

I'm also crocheting an afghan with puff, shell, and granny stitiches in lilac and rainbow hearth colors. I think I'll tassle the 2 long ends only.

I'd love to crochet one of those ponchos from the 70's! I wore them as a kid and now they're back in fashion...never would have thought! I always liked the freeness of wearing them.

I don't want to start too many projects at once, out of fear of not finishing any before the holidays. I also do woodburning and wood craft, so I have those unfinished pieces waiting to be holiday presents.

You're right...the more I see here, the more I'd like to do...LOL

• luv2xs2
    19 years ago

I'm working on Garden Gate by Designs for the Needle. I usually don't like kits, but this one uses DMC floss so I'm ok with that. I always substitute with DMC wherever I can.
    I stitched a cornucopia onto a kitchen towel not too long ago. Hope everyone's projects are going well. Thanks for asking.
    Peg

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting