Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
size of your projects

Posted by pawsitive (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 1, 09 at 9:42

Hello, my name is pawsitive, I am addicted to cross-stitch. Around 1978 my mom found a x-stitch kit of a Malamute and I was hooked. I started doing things for my daughter, then lots of Christmas, mostly Merry Mouse Christmas, then got interested in wildlife. My biggest project to date is a map of England with head studies of 16 breeds of sheep. It is 32"x36". It is matted and framed but not hung as I have no wall space big enough to handle it that isn't in the sun at least part of the day. I am currently working on one called "Eye of the Tiger". It is a tiger's eye with 2 tiger heads in the iris. LOTS and lots of color changes and it will take me all winter to complete. I am concentrating on doing all the wolf x-stitch I have collected over the years. I have had several photos graphed for x-stitch, some of my dogs and one taken by a professional photographer who charged me a one time fee for use of his photograph of a wolf. I entered it in our local county fair and even tho it is in sepia tones and used 42 colors, they said there was not enough contrast. What???? You have to wonder where they get their judges. I have also done a lot of Ross Originals and have about 6 in my stack waiting to be done.

So, what projects are YOU working on?

Follow-Up Postings:

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cross-Stitching Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here