Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
misskarennbama

let me know if you want these free charts

MissKarenNbama
19 years ago

Hi everybody!

was going through all my cross-stitch books and thought why not share them.... I have scanned all the charts and put them into zip files, so just let me know which ones that you want, If you would like to share your patterns of dachshunds, EMS bears at work, any kind of mermaids, dolphins, please send them to me.. Here's what I have:

(by Leisure Arts) "Fantasy Ride" by Barbara Baatz

"Footsteps In The Sand" by Anne Van Wagner Young

"Mouse In The House" Designs by Cari

and last, but not least I have (also by Leisure Arts) "The Official Looney Tunes Cross Stitch Book"

e-mail: karenndoxieheave@aol.com

Comments (8)

• stitching_in_nc
    19 years ago

I hate to be a whistle blower, but what you are doing is illegal. It is in direct violation of copyright laws.
    You may not know this, but it is still wrong.

• donna_loomis
    19 years ago

Stitching, I am just curious. Is it wrong to make a copy for your own use? I often copy a chart so that I can mark it up (you know, rows I've already done, etc.), because I don't want to mark up my original. Karen's not offering to share copies, but the originals, which she most likely paid for.

• MissKarenNbama
    Original Author
    19 years ago

Stitching, I am curious myself, why is it any of your business who I share my PAID for charts or books with? I am not asking any money for these charts and I have allready completed the designs in the (ONCE AGAIN) PAID for books and charts, I was just being nice and was wanting to know if anyone would like for me to send them MY copies, are you making any money yourself for turning any copyright violators?? just curious.

• stitching_in_nc
    19 years ago

As long as you own the originals, you can have the copies. Once you sell or trade or give away the originals you are to destroy any copies.

And no, I make no money turning in copyright violators.

But please feel free to email this nice laday about copyrights: jamiesjunk@comcast.net

• JamiesJunk
    19 years ago

Thank you for to those that emailed me asking about this.

It is illegal to give away copies of patterns. It is illegal to have copies in your possession without having the original in your possession as well.

Yes what is being offered is illegal. Please see www.copyright.gov for more details. The FAQ section is wonderful for most questions, and as already mentioned I'll help out in any way I can to answer copyright questions.

Copyright infringement costs everyone money and causes designers to go out of business. Those who think it is no big deal may change their mind when they are on the other end of a lawsuit with very big fines. More and more companies are taking it seriously. EMS, Pat Carson of Gloria and Pat, myself and my company White Willow Stitching, Disney, Warner Brothers and a few other pop into my head.

A case will soon be before the courts for over 100,000.00 Is sharing copies really worth losing everything?

Is designers quitting the business because of all the illegal activity being too much of a hassle worth illegally sharing?

You can give away or sell any original, but copies are illegal without owning the original.

• linda_6
    19 years ago

Found this under Frequently Asked Questions about Copyright

What is copyright infringement?
    As a general matter, copyright infringement occurs when a copyrighted work is reproduced, distributed, performed, publicly displayed, or made into a derivative work without the permission of the copyright owner.

• suzyq273
    19 years ago

Hi, I am Sue, a new member...I absolutely love the looney tunes! Taz is my fave!!

• brendaakasunshine_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

Do you have Daffy Duck and Leg Horn Fog Horn (the big nerdy rooster) in cross-stitch patterns. I would like to have them as long as it is legal. Thanks.

Brenda

Sponsored