Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Snowman Jars

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 23:29

These are cute. Made from old medicine bottles and one is from a Starbucks coffee drink.
You need bottles or jars with a narrow neck, styrofoam balls, and trims. So easy my 5 year old grandson made one.
Check out photos on my blog.

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Snowman Jars

Kudzu, your's turned out cuter than the original ones you saw. Love the one with the feathers. ;o) Luvs

o

Would you believe I just threw some of those old light green bottle out...I don't have room for all the junk I used to drag home from my old auction days....and I was doing a major house cleaning for Thanksgiving and toss a couple of them....But I did find one more in the pantry...so maybe I'll get one for myself ...LOL

I probably have some of those doilies stuffed somewhere too.

that might look cute on a body made of one of those clear glass ornaments filled with tiny stars and that clear sparkly "snow" glitter....You could use a smaller styrofoam ball and just cut a piece of an old crocheted piece to cover the head. And use teeny baby buttons for the eyes and mouth.

o

Thanks Ya'll!
The same thing happens to me...right after I get rid of something, I see the best uses for them :D I found another package of paper doilies at a yard sale, I think I'm going to cut them up and glue them on!
Hoss finally found something to clean the sticky stuff off the Starbucks bottles where the labels were......W-D 40! So I washed out 5 or so of those bottles for the grandchildren to make some snowmen. We plan on decorating the tree today or tomorrow, and I'll have some crafts ready for them to make!
Great ideas! I'm pretty sure I have a few buttons left after my button bracelet binge :D My daughter suggested using some of the brads for eyes and mouth, too, some are in antique finishes and will look pretty! And I'm painting some more straight pins with glass heads black, those were neat and looked so nice!
I wish I could find some clear ornaments, my stores are always out. I'll bet those are going to be so pretty!
Wish us luck making some pretties! The dogs are gonna wind up with glue and glitter on them!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here