Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
judemi

Painted Paver Question

judemi
15 years ago

Anyone know where I can find patterns to paint pavers like 3 wise men, santa, and gingerbread boy? I saw some at a bazaar and would love to get the pattern. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Comments (11)

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Well, I searched for "painting pavers" & they refer you to GW site. Lady did say that to prepare the paver she used denatured alcohol & wiped it down (I just washed mine with soap & water & dried it overnite) & she uses Patio Paints (Michael's or Joanne's has them- they are good paints-I used them) The GW Inspiriaton Album has a few the ladybug, Frankie(Halloween) & couple of others. I did an Uncle Sam for the 4th of July & I just used a couple of pics in magazine. I liked the pants on 1 & way the hair was on another so I just improvised. Find a cute Gingerboy & copy that look unto the paver. If you are using the keyhole paver the "head" would be the narrow part & so put rick-rack in a circle or follow the paver . Can make red heart shapes for buttons but hands would need to be coming towards center so have him holding something. Santa would be similar to my Uncle Sam paver,red suit black suspenders, beard. Wise men would be harder I think. With Santa you can make a hat of plastic canvas or felt if inside decor. Hope this helps some. Gingerbread boy sounds easiest to make. Good Luck- look at painted items maybe they would have good pattern to follow. Jan

• gram_NH
    15 years ago

There are a couple on this page that I did last year. Enjoy!

OT the pavers, a long time ago I asked if anyone did the candy cane candle holder. Well, I finally got DD to put a pic in this album. I think on page 2. They are the easiest and fastest hostess gift I have ever made for Christmas.

Here is a link that might be useful: A Few Pavers

• luvstocraft
    15 years ago

Gram, lots of cute things on your album. I liked the candycane candle holder. I recently made name card holders using just three candy canes. Looks cute on the table. Luvs

• gram_NH
    15 years ago

Thanks Luvs, my favorite ornies over the years are the simple ones. My daughter took pics for me last year as I was packing them away. Anyone looking for some simple ones, feel free to look at my album above. Some of the easiest ones were the felt candles... just glued green and yellow felt onto a clothespin, the Jingle Bell Rock...have done all sizes, from palm size to large outside one, and I think the snowman head made from a makeup remover puff, and a green felt hat was one of the biggest hits with the grands! Oh...and next to that one is a snowman cut from the extra piece of vertical blind we got for our sliding door.

Here in NH we are without power since Thurs. and they are saying we won't get it back till Wed.!! I have been staying at SIL's but tomorrow we are going to brave it and go home. Someone is lending us a generator. Hope the pipes have not already broken. Anyway, I probably won't be on for a while so I hope everyone has a Christmas full of love and happiness. Remember to enjoy all the little things that we take for granted... like running water!! heehee

• oddie
    15 years ago

gosh, hope you got home safe and your pipes didnt freeze, winter stroms like that remind me of how much I loved liveing down south, till there stroms start! guess I will put up with the cold.
    wanted to say how much I love your snowman made from tins, had seen them last year and somehow forgot about them, this time I saved the photo hope you dont mind, lots of cute crafts there!
    TFS
    oddie

• june_nd
    15 years ago

Judy,
    I have a post close to your and showed some of the pavers that I have painted. Maybe you have seen them already. Here is a site that has a lot of them on.

June

Here is a link that might be useful: Porch Pals

• melvalena
    15 years ago

gram, how'd you make those round snowmen? They are so cute!

• gram_NH
    15 years ago

Well, we are home and warm!! Only pipe that broke was a washing machine hose!! I am thankful, but most of our little town in still without power, so your thoughts and prayers would be appreciated by many!

Oddie, I love the tins, too, but I got that idea from you. Still want to do a bunny one like yours. When I get time I have to go through your album. Is he still on there? Can you post a link to your album?

Also, Oddie, I think you mentioned in one of your posts that your Dad was in NH. Does he have power? Is he safe?

June, LOVE your pavers!! How long ago did you do the Santas? I think that I got that idea from you.... if so ....thank you!!! I love to look at the porch pals, but I try to stay away from adding extras to the pavers... don't hold up well outside in our weather.

Melvalena, Do you mean the snowman head with the green hat? If so, that is a makeup remover puff with a green felt hat, and a face painted with the puff paints. EASY...and show up on the tree, darling.

Enjoy!!

• melvalena
    15 years ago

gram, no I'm talking about the round ones..with the coffee can hats.
    I guess from reading your previous post they must be made from round tins, which is why I didn't see any "seams" from stacking the pavers. (round steppingstones is what I thought you had used)

re the pavers:
    are these paver guy parts attached (glued/mortared) to each other or just stacked?

• gram_NH
    15 years ago

Melvalena, On the question for gram post I put a link to the post that gave Oddie and I the idea for the cookie tin snowmen. She even tells how she put them together.

Not sure what you mean about the stacked pavers. They are one paver. They come that shape. They are called 'Keyhole' pavers. Hope this helps.

• melvalena
    15 years ago

Thanks for the answers. I guess I've never really seen or noticed 'keyhole' pavers.

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm