Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
concretenprimroses_gw

craft and art boutique/show report

concretenprimroses
12 years ago

You may remember that I talked my friend down the street into hosting a craft boutique in her home.

It was today, and it was great!

I was so afraid that no one would come. But I estimate about 60 people. (But to get that we invited hundreds.) We sold $1250 amongst all of us, plus the baklava and coffee lady made $80 (and she spent a lot more.)

I sold 14 plate flowers and 11 shabby 'shroom ornaments and 5 or 6 brooches. My take: $311. Of course I spent more than half that, lol. I gave my friend (the hostess) $25 instead of $15 because I had so much more stuff than most and took up more room. Most people did pretty well.

The handmade baskets didn't sell which is too bad because they were beautiful. I bought one of the less expensive ones ($35). I like the basket a lot, and as one of the organizers I felt bad that she didn't sell anything. I guess it is a sympathy buy. Irregardless Im sure I'll enjoy it very much.

I have to say tho that it is difficult to be an organizer AND a participant. I decided to make the shabby shrooms and the brooches partly because I was worried that there wouldn't be enough variety to make the show interesting. So I ended up really running around like crazy finishing up both for myself and for the show in the last couple of days.

This is partly my fault because I need to pace myself better.

Most important, it was fun. And it was good for my friend who is going through a rather terrible divorce. She had a good time playing hostess and having people around her.

I still have way too many plate flowers. and my house is a WRECK! Gotta clean and put away things tomorrow.

Kathy

Comments (6)