Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question about Shadow Boxes

Posted by sissypeez (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 16, 07 at 22:53

Does any one have any good sites to go to, to learn how to make a shadow box or any ideas? I am more of a visual person so to see it would be great! Thank You for your help!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question about Shadow Boxes

This is one I made many years ago
It just has small lengths of wood to create the different cubby-holes. I used some material for the different backgrounds and had loads of "tinies"

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas Shadowbox

o

Your shadow box is sweet, Minnie! I have some pre made empty ones around here some place that I'm going to make one day...y'all know that story, LOL!
Sissy, this website seems to have quite a lot of information and video tutorials on shadow boxes. Perhaps you will find what you seek there. I couldn't look at it very long or my brain would decide 'hey we could make one of those for so and so...'no time for that right now!
Suzan J

Here is a link that might be useful: How to make a Shadow Box

o

Thanks for that tutorial Susan it really shows a lot of detail. My sister used to make them as gifts and her husband would make the frames. she made my last one in 1974 (she has been gone since 1981) anyway as I was taking it down from the shelf the sides fell apart. DS was able to buy tiny nails and get it back together again. Next time it comes off the shelf I'll take a photo

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here