Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Potholders on loom?

Posted by TexMex (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 05 at 20:44

This weekend we cleaned out the storage, and my dd found one of my old potholder looms, and loops. She has been sitting here all afternoon working on potholders, and having a ball, but I can't for the life of me remember how to finish them off, to get them off the loom. LOL! Can someone help us out? I hope you know the kind of loom that I am talking about... the one that is a frame shape, with the little nail things sticking up all the way around it. You use the loops of nylon, and weave them through. I made tons of them when I was little, but haven't touched one in years, and just can't remember how to do it. Thanks for your help. Have a Great New Year! Tex

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Potholders on loom?

I am going to try to explain so I hope you will understand. If not I will be going to storage (my basement) tomorrow and I will get the exact instructions out...if I can remember where they are.
You start at a corner and take one off at a time pulling it through the next one. Just keep doing that until you get to the end then it should almost be perfect!! You go in through the side and pull it back toward the other one. here are a few sites that have pictures of them....

http://www.liveandlearn.com/classiccrafts.html
http://www.halcyonyarn.com/kidstuff.html
http://www.highlights.com/jump.jsp?itemID=1187&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=1187

The last one you can enlarge the picture. Good Luck!!

o

Gordon, I think you explained it quite easily! I still have a couple of potholders my 43 year old DD made when she was 5~YIKES!

I've bought one of the looms for my GD and couldn't get her interested~how sad is that? Kids today!! :(

patty_cakes

o

Patty - I my DD has a loom and has made a few potholders, but I don't think the new looms work as good as the old.

It is funny though, if you shut off the TV and computer how much fun the looms and such can be!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here