Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
skyrider_gw

ideas for Christmas tables at church?

skyrider
16 years ago

Trying to come up with some thrifty , yet pretty Christmas table decorations for sister-in-law's church Christmas dinner. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments (4)

• ringaroundtherosie
    16 years ago

Hi,

My Sunday School class is having their Christmas Potluck/Party this Thursday night, and I'm in charge of decorating the tables for the event. Another lady is bringing table cloths, and my centerpieces are going to be pretty and pretty inexpensive. I will be cutting fresh greenery from my pine trees and laying boughs of it beside the floating candle centerpiece. You can use most any clear glass dish, candle holder, etc. for it. I'm going to fill it halfway with water, add small pieces of greenery and fresh cranberries....put in one white or cream floating candle....and you've got your centerpiece. I've used this before, and it is so simple and and festive. Hope this idea helps.

Rosie

• FlamingO in AR
    16 years ago

I did pretty much what Rosie is talking about for a potluck/meeting at our local FD, but I used Mason jars with cranberries and water and one white candle floating in it, there was one for each place setting but only on the front table. The smaller tables had a painted jar with a candle in it along with greenery picks. I also swagged fake greenery in front of the edge of the front table and twined my cardinal lights into it, that was really pretty. But any lights would do! The tables were covered with the usual ecru colored plastic cloths.

• ninos
    16 years ago

For centerpieces i have used small trees from the Dollar store at last years party. This year i am using clear glass bowls. Im filling them with tinsel and glass ball ornaments. I usually stock up on table clothes after Christmas so i have them for the next year. At the Party stores you can buy rolls of plastic tablecovers for around $12.

• skyrider
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow, I like the ideas of the bowls with the floating candles and cranberries, etc and the mason jars with the candles and the tinsel and balls, thanks so much everyone!