Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gold Ornaments with Fake Snow

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 23, 08 at 19:38

I loved the tutorial Char gave over at her blog, The Pickled Pepper Patch, for making glittered ornaments. I wanted some, but didn't have all the "ingredients" to make them..namely, glitter paint(which I am getting next time I go to town and do these right!)
So I used glue in a fine-tipped bottle and dusted them with ice flakes-fake snow. I definitely need much more practice making the scroll design.

Char's blog..The Pickled Pepper Patch, the link is on my blog! Come see photos of mine :D
Cherry/Kudzu

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gold Ornaments with Fake Snow

I think your ornaments turned out great Kudzu. Where do you get those big bags of ice flakes, I've never seen them before just the little bottles of glitter? I need to find some gold ornaments and try that, I want a red and gold tree but so far only have red ornaments on it. TFS. Luvs

o

Your ornaments came out beautiful!!. I wanted to get some spray adhesive for glitter to add more to snowflakes I got at Dollar Tree. Well, it was over $7 so I will do it some other way!! I saw some of the gold beads at Bev's in Santia Clarita & they were tarnishing already-made in China. I've got 3-4 old sweaters I'll cut them off! Jan

o

Thanks ya'll...Merry Christmas!
My husband has a Christmas train village, and we bought the ice flakes either at Walmart, or Michael's,wherever they sell Christmas miniatures....it's more like styrofoam crystals than plastic. (Like if you rubbed 2 styrofoam balls together or sanded one). I used a glass baking dish and poured some in it, and used a spoon to sprinkle it all over the glue. You can lay the ornament with glue on it right into the bowl of flakes, that works fine,too.
This pack of ornaments came from a yard sale, but I have big clear plastic boxes of gold glass ones I bought at K-Mart, Martha Stewart ones. Dollar General has gold plastic ones, which are better if you have pets and kids around :D LOL
I still want to do mine with the bottle of glitter paint,I want mine to sparkle a lot.

You know what I JUST NOW realized? I could have used the tubes of gold glitter glue I already have!
Kudzu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Crafts and Decorations Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here